White Knight Chronicles $19.99 on Amazon

This game is repetitive. There are literally 5 monsters in the whole game. They recycle them over and over. The story isn't great and it's basically a grind the whole game and online. It can be beat in 10 hours. I would say $20 is just a little too much for this game.

[quote name='option.iv']This game is repetitive. There are literally 5 monsters in the whole game. They recycle them over and over. The story isn't great and it's basically a grind the whole game and online. It can be beat in 10 hours. I would say $20 is just a little too much for this game.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't trust this reviewer on anything above except for the offline part, the story is cheesy. Yes, thats about it. The 5 monsters is false.

Considering I have the platinum in WKC and still play to this day, the online is the best part. If you have or make friends that play at the same pace as you do, you'll really love it. Think of it as a Mini-MMO.

If you've not bought it by now and aren't in a hurry to play it, White Knight Chronicles 2 is going to have the full first game included on disc as it must be completed before playing the second one.

Wiki

[quote name='Muthafodder']If you've not bought it by now and aren't in a hurry to play it, White Knight Chronicles 2 is going to have the full first game included on disc as it must be completed before playing the second one.

Wiki[/QUOTE]
Is it confirmed then that the US is getting the sequel? I was wondering because I don't think the first sold very well.

[quote name='technole']..., the online is the best part. ...[/QUOTE]

Actually, the best part is watching your custom character take a back seat to some punk kid.

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']Is WKC2 confirmed in US? When is it coming?

If it is coming in 6 months or more, I might buy WKC1 to get a start and sell it off when WKC2 hits.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it has been dated yet, still speculation.

I thought the game did well and being developed by Level-5 doesn't hurt.

A friend i meet playing on PSN keeps telling me to get this becuase i have the demons souls platinum and told him i played WOW for over a year and like MMO rpgs.

I'm just not sure i hear platinum is a grind of about 500+ hours and with WKC2 I'm not sure if i should wait or not but I'm really interested in playing this now that i got the rpg bug back.

[quote name='option.iv']This game is repetitive. There are literally 5 monsters in the whole game. They recycle them over and over. The story isn't great and it's basically a grind the whole game and online. It can be beat in 10 hours. I would say $20 is just a little too much for this game.[/QUOTE]

I literally hate it when people use the word "literally" wrong.

[quote name='technole']I wouldn't trust this reviewer on anything above except for the offline part, the story is cheesy. Yes, thats about it. The 5 monsters is false.

Considering I have the platinum in WKC and still play to this day, the online is the best part. If you have or make friends that play at the same pace as you do, you'll really love it. Think of it as a Mini-MMO.[/QUOTE]

Wow, you platinumed WKC? How long did it take you?

[quote name='Camwi']I literally hate it when people use the word "literally" wrong.

Maybe there are actually only 5 monsters in the game. Doubt it, but i thought i'd at least try to back the guy up

[quote name='Camwi']I literally hate it when people use the word "literally" wrong.

Wow, you platinumed WKC? How long did it take you?[/QUOTE]

Same.

It took me 535 hours. The best part of having the Platinum Crown is that it imports into WKC2 and you actually get that item for your avatar. Along with whatever guild rank, gilda (money), and equipment you had.

As for WKC2 release, we know it is coming just don't know when. The voice of Leonard even updated his resume to put WKC1+2 along with another voice talent. The entire single-player campaign will be included because you need a clear saved file to even begin the WKC2 story. I imagine we'll hear an announcement sometime 1st quarter 2011 if not before the end of the year. As WKC1 International was announced around this time last year.

[quote name='technole']It took me 535 hours[/QUOTE]
Wow! That's equivalent to almost 23 days of playing.

Needless to say, you got your money's worth out of that title - if you purchased the game for $59.99, that equates to only 11 cents an hour.

[quote name='technole']Same.

It took me 535 hours. The best part of having the Platinum Crown is that it imports into WKC2 and you actually get that item for your avatar. Along with whatever guild rank, gilda (money), and equipment you had.

As for WKC2 release, we know it is coming just don't know when. The voice of Leonard even updated his resume to put WKC1+2 along with another voice talent. The entire single-player campaign will be included because you need a clear saved file to even begin the WKC2 story. I imagine we'll hear an announcement sometime 1st quarter 2011 if not before the end of the year. As WKC1 International was announced around this time last year.[/QUOTE]

Wow, man. That's pretty hardcore.

[quote name='rpgfan']I was going to bite on it but thanks to the horrible reviews this game has I think I will pass.[/QUOTE]

The problem with all those canned reviews out there is they only spent a few hours in multiplayer and never really got the meaningful stuff. I only read one review that had 100+ hours spent in the game and obviously it was a favorable one.

I bought the game the first week of release, and was not disappointed. I met a lot of friends online, and that is what really kept me into it. If you never jump into the online quests and really give it a chance, than yes you will be disappointed. Like a lot of people here apparently. With Level-5's history its like it was a multiplayer game that just had a single-player component as a tutorial.

The online community is still pretty large. If you want to dig in, I highly suggest making some friends and get a friend group going that plays at the same pace as you. As you really don't want to be playing with randoms all-the-time. Just like with COD Zombies if you know what I mean :)

My Target sold out of this title before I got to pick up my copy. I've been watching this one so now I have to wait until another store has it for $10, if that ever happens. I have a tidy little backlog so I can wait but it is tempting to pick up for 20 even though I won't play it for a year.

cant be any worse then FF13 which was horrible the hardest part was staying awake long enough to get through the begining of the game although i did like the battle system

[quote name='Muthafodder']White Knight Chronicles 2 is going to have the full first game included on disc as it must be completed before playing the second one.

Wiki[/QUOTE]

is this for real? i hate when publishers do this to early adopters.

[quote name='frpilot']is this for real? i hate when publishers do this to early adopters.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, maybe I will wait for that one to come out and drop in price to 20 bucks!

[quote name='frpilot']is this for real? i hate when publishers do this to early adopters.[/QUOTE]

Didn't the first game take about 3 years to come out here after it was unveiled? If the second one takes just as long, the early adopters will still have enjoyed the first game years before those who waited for the sequel.

How is the gameplay for the online portion? Is it like a PC MMORPG where you have timers and auto combat, or is it button-press based and more like traditional console action RPGs?

Now that I think about it, what a terrible way to design a game. Way to promote ppl to not buy your game. If I wait for the third in the series, do I get three games?

If it drops to $10 I might get it. I rented it from Gamefly and didn't like it much. Not a bad price for those who want the game though.

[quote name='technole']It took me 535 hours.[/QUOTE]

Holy cow, and I thought 93 hours to thousand Final Fantasy XIII was quite a grind.

I was so excited for this game before the negative reviews started pouring in. It looked like an HD version of Final Fantasy XII, and that would have probably been enough to sell me a PS3.

[quote name='technole']It took me 535 hours.[/QUOTE]
I thought spending 220+ hours on BFBC2 Multiplayer was already too much of an addiction, and I still haven't gotten all the MP trophies.

Well, come to think about it, I may have to pop the disc in again for the missing trophies ;)

[quote name='stabito']cant be any worse then FF13 which was horrible the hardest part was staying awake long enough to get through the begining of the game although i did like the battle system[/QUOTE]
Heh, I found FF13 fast paced and exciting. Combat was so fast that I had no problems with fighting the regular mobs, even if they were repetitive. Some fights were over in 10 sec or less. It was probably the most exciting of the FF games. Platinuming it, on the other hand... so not worth it.

This is in contrast to FF12, which had a good story burried in the most boring combat system I've ever played. It turns out that while pressing X over and over can get boring, not pressing X at all starts out boring and gets worse. And the regular mobs wandering the world took up to 30 minutes to kill. They didn't pose a threat, they just had too much health.

bread's done
Back