White Knight Chronicles 2 $39.99 Free Shipping

Snuggelz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
For all of you who are interested in JRPGs and an MMO atmosphere, White Knight Chronicles 2 is at $39.99 (20 off MSRP).
I'm creating this thread to let you guys know of this often unnoticed game as well as ask for some help to submit the price match to Amazon.

Best Buy ($39.99): LINK

Amazon (to help Price Match): LINK

Any help would be appreciated!

[quote name='thegame85']submitted a price match. I get the feeling this game will keep dropping fast[/QUOTE]

agreed, this game is going to drop like a rock, apparently this one is about as lackluster as the first but like a sucker ill try it in a month or so when it drops to the 10-20 dollar bin

I hope so too. It was released almost 2 months ago... but it does have a strong online gameplay mainly cuz it's the only MMO like game on the console that is most like traditional JRPGs and doesn't require a monthly fee.

Anyone who has played this have any thoughts on it? I thought the first one was one of the biggest pieces of trash I have played this gen.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Anyone who has played this have any thoughts on it? I thought the first one was one of the biggest pieces of trash I have played this gen.[/QUOTE]

This one won't change your opinion much or any at all.

Amazon is have a buy 2 get 1 free deal going on... I think this game is apart of that promo. So you have ZERO chance of them lowering this to $40 during this promo.

[quote name='CaoPi']drop $20 and I'll bite[/QUOTE]

HAHA that's what I'm trying to do. If they match it, I could use a $20 Amazon Promo to bring it down to 20.

Thanks to everyone who's helping PM this! Hopefully Amazon will notice us. :D

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Anyone who has played this have any thoughts on it? I thought the first one was one of the biggest pieces of trash I have played this gen.[/QUOTE]

It's literally the same trash as the first, I can't suggest this game to anybody. I even bought it day one with 2 other friends (we never played the first, such a mistake).

[quote name='mrbomb']It's literally the same trash as the first, I can't suggest this game to anybody. I even bought it day one with 2 other friends (we never played the first, such a mistake).[/QUOTE]

it comes with the first game on disc... Did you try to play that one first? I do have to agree with some people saying that the gameplay is slow, but it's basically FF XII's system. I didn't have much of a problem with that, so comments about that wouldn't necessarily turn me off.

On the surface it looks like FF12's system, but it's horribly slow. Watching that circle slowwwwwwly fill up is just torture. There's no way to set the battle speed, so you're stuck sitting there waiting most of the time.

In WKC2, they changed it so the circle fills faster AND it starts to refill during your attack instead of after, so it's much more bearable.

[quote name='takotchi']On the surface it looks like FF12's system, but it's horribly slow. Watching that circle slowwwwwwly fill up is just torture. There's no way to set the battle speed, so you're stuck sitting there waiting most of the time.

In WKC2, they changed it so the circle fills faster AND it starts to refill during your attack instead of after, so it's much more bearable.[/QUOTE]

Yea, that's what I thought. They even revamped the 1st game because it was so slow and gave it to you again on the same disc. I've never played WKC1, but I'm considering getting WKC2 because of the re vamped system.

That and because FF XIV for the PS3's release date is no where in sight....

*sigh*

I would totally snag this title at $30 since it includes both games, but seeing as i still have dark souls, uncharted 3, and skyrim (next week) on the horizon, I may just hold off and wait until it hits my pricepoint!!

I've heard that it doesn't really have any new content then what was in the 1st. Same towns, caves, enemies, and music.

[quote name='Snuggelz']it comes with the first game on disc... Did you try to play that one first? I do have to agree with some people saying that the gameplay is slow, but it's basically FF XII's system. I didn't have much of a problem with that, so comments about that wouldn't necessarily turn me off.[/QUOTE]

Yes I only went through the first game, my buddies went through the second and told me it was more of the same. What bothered me was it was a shitty version of the FFXII's battle system, party members a.i. was awful, and there are only 2 viable builds and they end up being the same once you get enough levels (axe and bow). The story was as cliche as it gets (during a cutscene they even mention the main character's actions were a cliche) and your avatar has no part in the single player whatsoever, just stands there like a moron. I was almost done with the first game too (Valley of Insects) but I couldn't go through finishing it, I didn't give a shit what happened in the story or the multiplayer at that point.

The only part I did like were the cutscenes.

Got a question for anyone who may know the answer. I know this includes the first game but do you still get the trophies for the first game?

[quote name='mitnosi']Got a question for anyone who may know the answer. I know this includes the first game but do you still get the trophies for the first game?[/QUOTE]

I believe the trophies aren't included with this release. It's really dumb if you ask me.

[quote name='Miro']Well it's back to MSRP now. So much for that.[/QUOTE]
?? Best Buy is still selling it its sale price. and Amazon is still selling it for -2.01

I have wkc2 and the original wkc.. I platinumed the original wkc and I had lots of fun. I'm planning on getting platinum in wkc2 as well. I guess I'm in the minority that likes this game. If you dreaded the original one they changed the battle system to make it faster. The battle system is changed a little bit from the original. There are a few new places to actually go to in the game despite what someone mentioned earlier and there is one new town. They added bounties and errands which can get you to gr15 so fast compared to the original. The 2nd game is much much better then the original game. If they ever decided to bring the patch over, axe, bow and mage get nerfed. All the weapons are actually viable, they might not be as damaging as the other three, but they are still viable none the less.

The game also doesn't include the trophies from the first game. This game isn't for everyone, though I think it gets trashed more then it should. Thats just my opinion though.

[quote name='thegame85']submitted a price match. I get the feeling this game will keep dropping fast[/QUOTE]the 1st one took forever to drop to $20...I waited a long time.

[quote name='elitedemo']agreed, this game is going to drop like a rock, apparently this one is about as lackluster as the first but like a sucker ill try it in a month or so when it drops to the 10-20 dollar bin[/QUOTE]^^^

[quote name='CaoPi']drop $20 and I'll bite[/QUOTE]^^^

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Anyone who has played this have any thoughts on it? I thought the first one was one of the biggest pieces of trash I have played this gen.[/QUOTE]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=289568

The ai of my teammates killed the first one for me alone. For some reason they would do nothing but heal non stop while I did the fighting myself. This started happenening when I got to the desert area. I tried changing commands and all of that but they still did the same shit. I also hated that all the enemys would pop up out of nowhere infront of you like they have fucking instant transmision. I wanted to finish it so bad but I couldnt :( did The second game fix these problems ?

Thanks a lot bucky! They probably won't price match this until their Buy 2 Get 1 promo is over... but hopefully they'll do it after!!

[quote name='strait edge follower']The ai of my teammates killed the first one for me alone. For some reason they would do nothing but heal non stop while I did the fighting myself. This started happenening when I got to the desert area. I tried changing commands and all of that but they still did the same shit. I also hated that all the enemys would pop up out of nowhere infront of you like they have fucking instant transmision. I wanted to finish it so bad but I couldnt :( did The second game fix these problems ?[/QUOTE]

No the ai is still dumb as a stump even with the improvements. When I was playing the game my avatar was axe, one party member was a bow and the other was a dedicated healer (staff) so it wasn't too bad.

Ack, so much hate. Yes, part one wasn't the greatest game, but it's a free to play online MMORPG experience.

The story is cliche, but there are twists and turns that make it better. The online is the same quests over and over, but playing online can be fun with a mic.

I haven't played part 2 yet, waiting for a further drop in price myself. 30 bucks would probably do it for me.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']Ack, so much hate. Yes, part one wasn't the greatest game, but it's a free to play online MMORPG experience.
[/QUOTE]

Yup. I absolutely agree with you. I just cringe at the only other MMORPG option: DCOnline. :cold: I would definitely pick up FF XIV for the PS3 after it's all patched up and stuff... WKC2 isn't the best game out there, but i'm pretty sure it satisfies that craving of MMO. I've been out of the MMO scene for about 3-4 years and I'm itching to get back into it. (comp is severely outdated)

I'm going to have to dissent from the opinions on this thread. I have never played the original WKC and I have heard that the combat was painfully slow. I just finished the first installment of WKC1 in the new version and I love it. The new combat system is supposed to be faster. Yeah, the AI is dumb I can't argue that, but it'll do what you need it to do to get through the story. Once you are through the story and playing online with people you will only be controlling your character. The story is a nice diversion though... I really like the story so far. However, I can tell the thing that will keep me playing this game will be the online side of it because you can just tell that the combat system was designed with this in mind.

[quote name='Snuggelz']Thanks a lot bucky! They probably won't price match this until their Buy 2 Get 1 promo is over... but hopefully they'll do it after!![/QUOTE]

is it on sale after Saturday at Best Buy though?

edit: just checked at a Best Buy near me and the sale ends Saturday

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='buckythekat']alright at this point I don't think Amazon is going to price match :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Doesn't look like it, but give it some time, it'll continue to drop. Plus, the servers are sharred between US and EU, so no danger of the online community dying in the meantime.

bread's done
Back