White Knight Chronicles $52.99 + FS (buy.com)

good deal, but im waiting on WKC... ME 2, Dante's Inferno, and potentially AvP will be consuming my feb... Then comes the almighty FF13 lol

Does Amazon ever match Buy.com in terms of pricing and such?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='token2k6']why did IGN slam this game?? a 5.1? can it be that bad??[/QUOTE]

Read/watch the review--it's explained quite clearly why it scored so low. Many of the sales of this game are going to be the result of two things:
1) lack of PS3 RPG's
2) Level 5 is the developer

I've been skeptical about this game for months now, and the facts outlined in IGN's review make it clear that I wouldn't get $60 of enjoyment out of this game.

Bummer, especially considering how long the US has been waiting for this title.

I really like this game because its Level 5 games next to SE and it the only JRPG have online COOP play plus able to create your own lobby town via Georama similar to all Level 5 games.....

I honestly don't give two shits about either IGN or Gamespot, I have seen enough gameplay vids and read enough impression from people that played it, so I'm getting the game.

I just checked out a few trailer of this game, and the game play looks pretty clunky to me. I am going to pass this one up and wait for Star Ocean next week.

[quote name='maxgle']I just checked out a few trailer of this game, and the game play looks pretty clunky to me. I am going to pass this one up and wait for Star Ocean next week.[/QUOTE]

Lol dude I bet Star Oceans gonna be just as bad

The ign review pretty much tears the game up because of bugs/glitches.

All of which sounded like crap that could easily get fixed with a patch.

Gameplay wise it looks like a great phantasy star online type game.

I'm glad I didn't impulse buy this. $30 is the sweet spot for a game like this, and I'm guessing it'll be $39.99 within one month, and $29.99 or less when all the AAA titles come out (God of War III, etc.).

Cancelled my preorder days before release. The game play just seems so dull and lacking any sort of reward in the long run, and it might get boring pretty fast. I don't think even the Japanese liked this game when it was released in 2008. Waiting for it to be $20.

After playing it for a few hours I can honestly say that this game was worth it to me, I see how some people wouldn't like it but there's no reason it should have gotten that 5.1 from IGN, I'd say if some people are still on the edge at least rent it first to give it a shot.

[quote name='dcm1602']The ign review pretty much tears the game up because of bugs/glitches.

All of which sounded like crap that could easily get fixed with a patch.

Gameplay wise it looks like a great phantasy star online type game.[/QUOTE]

Two questions:
1) would you really spend $60 based on the slim hopes of some mythical patch for a game that took several years just to get ported to English?
2) have you ever even played Phantasy Star? White Knight more closely resembles, say, Final Fantasy XII.

bread's done
Back