White PSP Questions?

MillionBlades

CAGiversary!
Itching to buy a PSP soon and I always wanted the Ceramic White, dunno why but maily cuz not a lot of people have them and since I have a white Nintendo: DS why not. There are a few places online like walmart.com (ebay last resort LOL) that still have the "Star Wars Battlefront Entertainment Pack(slim white PSP)" in stock.

I think that the Black PSP looks really nice but it will look like crap after some use like my black video iPod (the top looks new once I peel off the screen protector:roll:) and I do take care of my stuff...

Silver PSP looks really cheap when I looked at the paint:whistle2:# so I won't bother with that color and the new GOW red psp is not my type of color. I do like the import colors from Japan like the (Metallic Blue, Ceramic White, Mint Green and Felicia Blue :drool:)

QUESTIONS:

- For those that own a Ceramic White PSP how much do you guys like it?... compared to the Piano Black PSP?

- Differences in the redesign of the SLIM PSP in the way it feels compared to the old PSP? better/worse?

- PROS/CONS about the PSP are welcome.

- I own a PS3, what functionality is available between the two?

Thanks

I was an owner of the original black PSP system and I now have the white Vader Slim. I like the color a lot more than the black and I think it feels better due to the lighter weight (the old one could get pretty heavy if you were to watch a full length movie while holding the PSP the whole time but no matter if you're gonna be watching a movie get some sort of stand).

There seems to be a lesser chance of getting dead/stuck pixels on the new Slim models. Surprisingly mine had none. If you love white and want a white PSP Slim I would say go for it, you'll probably be happier having the color you want.

[quote name='MillionBlades']

QUESTIONS:

- For those that own a Ceramic White PSP how much do you guys like it?... compared to the Piano Black PSP?

[/quote]

Well I've never played on a Piano Black Slim PSP, but I love my White just fine. I've heard that the Piano leaves finger print marks and such on it, but I haven't noticed that on the White. It always looks clean to me!

- Differences in the redesign of the SLIM PSP in the way it feels compared to the old PSP? better/worse?

It does feel noticeably lighter. If you're going to be playing the PSP for some extended time you're going to notice a huge difference. Also the screen is just a little bit brighter than the Fat PSP and it has slightly better battery life. All in all, I've owned both the Fat PSP and the new Slim one and I must say that I could never go back to the Fat. The Slim is well worth the purchase.

- PROS/CONS about the PSP are welcome.

- I own a PS3, what functionality is available between the two?

Cons? I still think it's a bit pricey, but well worth it. You can find games for it for pretty reasonable prices nowadays, especially here on these forums. I think it has A LOT of really good worth playing games on the system as well. I think it's one of my favorite systems of all time, it looks great, plays awesome games, of course the movies and music also helps out a lot.

As for the PS3 functionality, not a whole lot of games really use it. But from the Home menu you can connect your PSP to the PS3 and transfer data from your memory stick or watch/listen to file that you have on your PSP memory stick as well on your TV. There's also Remote Play where you can stream what's on your PS3 to your PSP and other stuff like that. All in all it's nothing make or break. It's nice that it's there in the special case that you do want to use it, but it's totally not a game breaker feature.

I break it down as such;

Pros: music, video, photos, & games, web browser, internet radio, custom firmware
Cons: price-y (between $170 and $200), UMD load times are slowish compared to cartridge-based games and playing games off of a memory stick

Considering the DS can only play games without any add-ons, and it still costs $130, the PSP is a pretty good deal in comparison. I often have walkthroughs saved as bookmarks on the web browser. Save, load up the browser, see what i need to do for the next couple of dungoens or something and then start the game again. Very convenient when away from a computer. Same goes with the internet radio. There's a shitload of stations that should appeal to just about anyone. But really, the PSP's widescreen is just amazing for a handheld gaming device.

[quote name='SynGamer']I often have walkthroughs saved as bookmarks on the web browser. Save, load up the browser, see what i need to do for the next couple of dungoens or something and then start the game again.[/QUOTE]

Smart! I hadn't even thought of that. For my case not necessarily for PSP games but rather console games so I don't need to have my laptop around- can just use the PSP instead.

Re: the PSP stuff, I originally wanted a white PSP, but broke down at the last minute when I was standing in the store and went for the cheaper black one. Did it because although I wanted the white PSP, wasn't a big fan of the Vader battery cover and crummy pack-in game. Then about a day later I ended up returning the black one and got the white PSP bundle after all. The vader isn't that bad for the time being since you don't see it because its on the back (but I would like to pick up a white battery cover eventually, once a good one comes out). I resigned myself to accepting the pack-in game at a higher cost just to get the white PSP, but was able to trade it away on Goozex recently for 500 pts, a tidy sum.

If you really want the import colors, and are willing to pay the premium for them, there are no real major concerns with doing so. The only big drawbacks are the price and if you care about UMD movies.

Ruahrc

i got a white psp new for 125 off craigslist. it had no dead pixels and i love the thing. i could maybe do without the vader face on the back but overall, im glad i got it instead of the silver one.

prints dont show anywhere as easily as on teh black version.

I was just looking at Amazon's Warehouse website, they are currently selling the Star Wars PSP bundle with its condition as "Open box unit. Minor damage to outer box. Package resealed." The price is only about $174 which means you're just paying 5 dollars more than a black PSP for a opened but unused Star Wars bundle. I'm not sure if you'd be interested or would want yo jump on it, but heres the link. By the way, they only have one in stock so I don't know how long it'll last.

http://www.warehousedeals.com/PSP-Star-Wars-Battlefront-Renegade-Squadron/M/B000UA0LY0.htm

I bought a knock off white PSP Slim over from eBay from China or something. The color is not the exact white as the rest of the PSP, but it's hardy noticeable unless I told you and it looks better than that tard Darth Vader on my PSP.

Anyone notice how the fat ceramic white PSP on eBay has held its value compared to the regular blacks and slims? I've seen slim models in better or more complete condition end for less than a mediocre phat white setup!

I recently wanted another white so I've been trying super hard on eBay to get one, ended up settling for an auction that ended around the $165 mark after shipping, the a$$hole seller overcharges for shipping so he can "make up" for his seller fees. This will definitely reflect in his feedback ;)

[quote name='MrSneis']Anyone notice how the fat ceramic white PSP on eBay has held its value compared to the regular blacks and slims? I've seen slim models in better or more complete condition end for less than a mediocre phat white setup!

I recently wanted another white so I've been trying super hard on eBay to get one, ended up settling for an auction that ended around the $165 mark after shipping, the a$$hole seller overcharges for shipping so he can "make up" for his seller fees. This will definitely reflect in his feedback ;)[/QUOTE]

Unless he didnt list the shipping cost in the auction I dont see why should complain. If you dont like the shipping you shouldnt have bid it.

[quote name='62t']Unless he didnt list the shipping cost in the auction I dont see why should complain. If you dont like the shipping you shouldnt have bid it.[/QUOTE]

I didn' like the shipping but the reason why I still wanted it was because it's getting HARD to find these in decent shape.

then i dont see how you can blame the seller. With Ebay's recent increase in fees sellers have to do what they can to save on the closing fees

bread's done
Back