White PSPgo $150 shipped at Dell

god, I knew I should have held off on the green 3000 bundle...could have gotten PW, the pspgo, and the three free games for 10 dollar less than the psp3000 bundle

Still a nice price with the current free game promo. It's really a slick looking little device compared to the psp 3000.

[quote name='javeryh']No CFW = no buy. It's also still about $50 too expensive.[/QUOTE]

This sounds right to me, as soon as it's hacked and I can play SNES games on it I'll buy it...until then, no dice.

[quote name='javeryh']No CFW = no buy. It's also still about $50 too expensive.[/QUOTE]

What's CFW?

Quick question, are ALL PSPgos now guaranteed to come with the 3 free games, or does it have to be packaged in the box that says it comes with the three games? For example, if that box comes with a certificate or something with a code you have to redeem to get the games. If so, I would be wary of ordering online without being able to see if the packaging mentions the 3 free games or not.

[quote name='DeskLaser']Quick question, are ALL PSPgos now guaranteed to come with the 3 free games, or does it have to be packaged in the box that says it comes with the three games? For example, if that box comes with a certificate or something with a code you have to redeem to get the games. If so, I would be wary of ordering online without being able to see if the packaging mentions the 3 free games or not.[/QUOTE]
I think they all come with the 3 games now.

"""No CFW = no buy. It's also still about $50 too expensive."""

Some people just cannot get satisfied. The CFW, okay, I understand, you like that stuff, but really....really.....$150 is still too much?!

[quote name='SimaYi']It's amazing how badly this thing flopped.[/QUOTE]

You're right. It's such a shame too. I have one and I'm quite fond of the device yet disappointed with the support. If you haven't seen one yet, it's probably smaller than you think, having the save state feature to use on any game is a big plus and being able to sync the dual shock controller with it comes in handy. Alot of nice features, but sadly Sony overpriced the go, digital versions of games cost too much and getting games released on UMD to a digital version has been slow.

[quote name='SimaYi']It's amazing how badly this thing flopped.[/QUOTE]
No big surprise here.
Create a handheld with fewer features than the generation before, and expect people to pay more for it? No thank you.
My guess is, if you're reading this, you are probably not one to want to pay retail. Imagine paying retail price on everything. What if you bought a PS3, and had to buy every game from the same store? Like only one store sold PS3 games?
Before I get too down on Sony, I bought the PSP 3000 about a month ago, the last time Dell was selling them for $129, and I have not regretted my purchase one bit. Huge library of great games, and the comics reader is cool, too. Unless you're in Canada, sorry Canada.

Man...if E3 wasn't next week I'd bite for sure. Waiting to see what's goin down. Still holding on for that dual analog PSP 2 as well.

I had some credit and ended up getting the Spirited Green Peace Walker bundle for $90.

This is a good deal, though. I hope they drop the price on the Go, I'd love to pick up a black one to go along with my 3000.

[quote name='Layzie0001']are you able to do gameshare like on the ps3 with the psp go?[/QUOTE]

Yes, the PSPGo is identical to the PSP-3000, except it lacks a UMD drive, adds Blue Tooth support, and adds a "Suspend" mode so you can use the device for other things and the resume your game wherever you left off.

Pricedrops on all PSP's, but especially PSPGo's are inevitable with Nintendo 3DS upcoming. I'd wait even though I think this is the price it should have been all along.

I think Nintendo 3DS is going to destroy all PSP's. Because of this, I think Sony'll wind up launching PSP2 info a lot sooner than they'd like and that'll surely kill PSP prices. Even if they don't, N's new system'll look so hot next to the PSP, Sony'll have to drop the price.

I picked up the black PSPGo a little bit ago for the same price but would have rather had it in white. Great little machine even with all the hate and nice not having to carry umds around for trips.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']This sounds right to me, as soon as it's hacked and I can play SNES games on it I'll buy it...until then, no dice.[/QUOTE]
That's been the case for a while now.

You can run homebrew apps and emu and that's it.

I have a 3000 that I'm willing to sell... no reason to hang on to it when I have a 1000 with CFW.

I never understood the Go. Just seemed like taking 4 steps forward and then 286 steps backwards. Btw... did Logitech ever release the external UMD drive?

[quote name='Dillon627']I might get this since the screen on my 3000 is effed up[/QUOTE]

What's wrong with the screen?

[quote name='headpiece747']Great little machine even with all the hate and nice not having to carry umds around for trips.[/QUOTE]

You can rip UMDs so you don't have to carry them ever even on the PSPX000 models (with CFW, of course).

It's gotten to the point where I was going to buy a Big Boss psp bundle for, now the go is cheaper then the 3000, nice deal. sony.. sony.. sony.

[quote name='Vinnyg32']You're right. It's such a shame too. I have one and I'm quite fond of the device yet disappointed with the support. If you haven't seen one yet, it's probably smaller than you think, having the save state feature to use on any game is a big plus and being able to sync the dual shock controller with it comes in handy. Alot of nice features, but sadly Sony overpriced the go, digital versions of games cost too much and getting games released on UMD to a digital version has been slow.[/QUOTE]
I was so turned off at first. Then I was able to secure one on the cheap andI must say it is a great device. For something quick and on he go and traveling light it is really handy to have.

The white one is a very nivce looking in person much better than a picture. Was it over priced yes but at 150.00 to me it is a good deal for what it is.

[quote name='Jqwerty']looks like 169.99 to me, am i missing something? did they raise the price since the deal went live?[/QUOTE]
Yup. Raised the price $20.

[quote name='sillymonkey321']so close to E3 i HAVE to wait to see what is announced. Good price though.[/QUOTE]

ah i forgot about this! thanks for the reminder and sorry for double post.

[quote name='Jqwerty']looks like 169.99 to me, am i missing something? did they raise the price since the deal went live?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, they must've just bumped it up.

[quote name='gepet0']I was so turned off at first. Then I was able to secure one on the cheap andI must say it is a great device. For something quick and on he go and traveling light it is really handy to have.

The white one is a very nivce looking in person much better than a picture. Was it over priced yes but at 150.00 to me it is a good deal for what it is.[/QUOTE]
I'm with you. I was turned off on the price and the fact there was no way to take your existing UMD library to port it over. I found one suuuuuper cheap on Craigslist so I got one. It's an awesome little system but I'm RARELY going to buy games for it. I'm only buying games like Peace Walker, Persona 3, and Valkyria in the near future. Other than that, nothing else interests me in paying full price for digital versions.

If they're going to price a digital-only device so high then the least Sony can do is give a decent price for digital versions of the game. They're only hosting the file on a server, there's no packaging, shipping, printing, etc for each digital sale so what gives?

This would be one sweet device with custom firmware. Although I'm glad that Sony's figured out a way to stop that stuff. I'd like the PSP2 to not have to worry about rampant piracy.

the whole go thing is ridiculous, it should have been cheaper than the 3000 at the start and the games downloads should have been half the price. if they had done that it would have been a winner. if you buy one now you are buying into an already dead platform.

[quote name='doodofdoods']This would be one sweet device with custom firmware. Although I'm glad that Sony's figured out a way to stop that stuff. I'd like the PSP2 to not have to worry about rampant piracy.[/QUOTE]

don't think sony cfw-proof it. it's more like the device flopped badly and hackers don't want to bother with it due to the install base.

just like viruses, people say macs don't get them. they don't get them cause mac market is small compares to pc. if you want to do damage, you'd write codes for the majority.

[quote name='javeryh']You can rip UMDs so you don't have to carry them ever even on the PSPX000 models (with CFW, of course).[/QUOTE]

I like to pay for my games so game developers make more of them and that is not a knock just not for me so we don't need to :argue:.

[quote name='Layzie0001']are you able to do gameshare like on the ps3 with the psp go?[/QUOTE]

as far as i know, no. i believe i tried it without success. i would definitely purchase a go if that were the case. you can however, transfer your licenses to the new psp, but the license will be invalid on the old one.

[quote name='headpiece747']I like to pay for my games so game developers make more of them and that is not a knock just not for me so we don't need to :argue:.[/QUOTE]

I think javeryh was referring to using CFW to copy games that you own on UMD to the memory stick for convenience.

[quote name='Jqwerty']as far as i know, no. i believe i tried it without success. i would definitely purchase a go if that were the case. you can however, transfer your licenses to the new psp, but the license will be invalid on the old one.[/QUOTE]

Actually gamesharing is possible and I do it on my current PSP Go.

The only hiccups are that you can only have one account on the PSP at once. So if you have an account with games on it and start a new account to gameshare off, then you'll have to choose one or the other. Also, some newer games you can't play online with without purchasing an 'online play' code for a bunch of money. I think Socom and Modnation are a few examples.

[quote name='tigerpants'] if you buy one now you are buying into an already dead platform.[/QUOTE]

That is a ridiculous statement. The PSP is not a dead platform and the Go is just a PSP variant.

I thought the point of this forum was to communicate different prices and sales (deals) from retailers... There seems to be so much opinion in these threads lately. If someone wants to buy a Go, let them buy one without being harassed.

bread's done
Back