White Wii Bundle $219.99 w/free shipping (Shell Shocker) on Newegg - morning 7/31

the ops bundle is a bad deal all around. isnt the white wii only 150 now anyway? assuming you pay full price for an extra wiimote and nunchuck, you would still be 10 bucks less.

I'm rather more amazed at newegg trying to push a "bundle" like this. Unless you have been living under a rock the past few months, who would really buy this thing?

[quote name='typical guy']the ops bundle is a bad deal all around. isnt the white wii only 150 now anyway? assuming you pay full price for an extra wiimote and nunchuck, you would still be 10 bucks less.[/QUOTE]

No.

It depends on which white wii newegg is pushing. Since the new bundle comes in both black and white. It does look like the old wii bundle on the newegg site though.

Horrible bundle. They should have at least included Wii Sports Resort and another game. Then and only then could that be considered a deal.

I don't see why anyone would buy a Wii at any price, seems like over 90% of the games are just shovelware garbage (Imagine: Party Babyz anyone?) and the system hardware is horribly weak. It never ceases to amaze me at how Nintendo can put anything at all on the market, and sheeple will buy it in droves. :roll:

2zs4nk7.jpg

[quote name='chimpmeister']I don't see why anyone would buy a Wii at any price, seems like over 90% of the games are just shovelware garbage (Imagine: Party Babyz anyone?) and the system hardware is horribly weak. It never ceases to amaze me at how Nintendo can put anything at all on the market, and sheeple will buy it in droves. :roll:

2zs4nk7.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Meh, I hear you; as a retail employee the volume of shovelware is sometimes appalling. But I didn't buy a Wii to play those games, I bought a Wii to play the first party Nintendo games. The only first party Nintendo title I haven't been too crazy about was Legendary Starfy on the DS. As someone who's a big enough Mario fan and a big enough gaming fan in the first place, $200 wasn't too exorbitant an amount for me to gain access to those games.

[quote name='chimpmeister']I don't see why anyone would buy a Wii at any price, seems like over 90% of the games are just shovelware garbage (Imagine: Party Babyz anyone?) and the system hardware is horribly weak. It never ceases to amaze me at how Nintendo can put anything at all on the market, and sheeple will buy it in droves. :roll:[/QUOTE]

As the poster above said, the 1st party games are pretty damn good. While I do agree that there is a lot of crap out there, there are also some very good games as well.

I also know if I got any other console, I'd be struggling to find games that my 4 year old could also play. While a PS3 would be more friendly to me, the Wii is more friendly to the rest of my family. (My wife uses Wii Fit regularly.)

As for the deal, it wasn't very good when you could get most of that and more from Dell for less. The only thing you'd be lacking is the extra nunchuk and you'd gain two motion plush controllers and Wii Sports Resort.

[quote name='UberNinjaz']Take your console warrior garbage elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

Seriously. I enjoy my Wii a lot, and not just first party games either. There are a lot of good games on the system, just a lot more shovelware than the other because of the low cost entry to make games for the Wii.

bread's done
Back