Whitney Huston dead at 48

With her drug abuse, I can't say I'm surprised. Sadly it overshadowed her life and legacy.

[quote name='lokizz']fucking waste of a talent hope her kids will learn from her mistakes.[/QUOTE]

She only has one kid, Bobbi Kristina.

What a fucking shame. I had just seen pics of her on the tabloid sites of her, Bobby Brown, and their kid going out to dinner together and she didn't look too bad. What a fucking shame. RIP

This is really sad. I still listen to some of her music. Her duet with Mariah Carey was easily one of the most soulful songs of the 90s.

Just a shame. I feel especially bad for her daughter. It had to be hard enough growing up with her parents acting the way they did but to lose her mom at just 17 is awful.

Grammy producers are scrambling to put together a tribute for tomorrow night.

[quote name='keithp']Crack is whack. I blame Bobby Brown, she was fine before hooking up with him.[/QUOTE]

Actually, she always claimed that she was makes too much money for crack. I learned this in my Uncle John's Bathroom Reader.

[quote name='neocisco']Just a shame. I feel especially bad for her daughter. It had to be hard enough growing up with her parents acting the way they did but to lose her mom at just 17 is awful.

Grammy producers are scrambling to put together a tribute for tomorrow night.[/QUOTE]
This, that, and those. Say what you want about her personally, but you can't deny her contributions to music. Unbelievable voice, perfect image at her peak, and an unfortunate reminder that drug use can affect anyone. We may not view her as a great person now, but I guarantee she's considered a tragedy and a legend ten years from now.

I think you read a little too much into that. I'm not knocking her ability at all, she was extremely talented. But the way she chose to live her life essentially destroyed her talent, tarnished her legacy and, most important, left her daughter without a mother. I have nothing but sympathy for that girl.

I dont know if you can say "waste of talent," seeing has she is considered one of the greatest female talents of all time.

Damn, I forgot my shocked look in my other jeans pocket...and now its in the wash. :whistle2:/

She will be missed regardless of her shortcomings. Sad really.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']...

Now you've made the thread awkward.[/QUOTE]

I had the exact same reaction.
---

kodave - you beat me to it you bastard celeb worshipper.

---

Anyone remember her on Silver Spoons?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kodave']Obligatory post referencing gargus and the downfall of America because of our idol worship of dead celebrities.[/QUOTE]
LOLZ.

Yeah, drug addiction sucks and I wish there were more serious attempts to help all addicts to get rehabed. But I guess it's easier to just lock most people up and enable others.

[quote name='Soodmeg']I dont know if you can say "waste of talent," seeing has she is considered one of the greatest female talents of all time.[/QUOTE]

Waste of talent precisely because of how talented she was. She could have been doing something amazing in those years, publicly or privately, that were instead squandered and lost to an unfortunate addiction.

[quote name='dohdough']LOLZ.

Yeah, drug addiction sucks and I wish there were more serious attempts to help all addicts to get rehabed. But I guess it's easier to just lock most people up and enable others.[/QUOTE]

Do you have to make every single thread a soapbox for your social rants? Whitney Houston had more money than god. She was hardly a victim of the system. If she wanted a serious attempt to fix it, she certainly had the means. Your posturing has no place in this thread at all.

[quote name='confoosious']Do you have to make every single thread a soapbox for your social rants? Whitney Houston had more money than god. She was hardly a victim of the system. If she wanted a serious attempt to fix it, she certainly had the means. Your posturing has no place in this thread at all.[/QUOTE]

You mad brah? Overreact much? Have a bad day?

It seems like you don't quite understand the nature of addiction or else you wouldn't have made the argument that having money makes a difference. If addressing addiction, which is clearly something she struggled with, turns you into a rambling idiot, maybe you should put on some big boy pants and grow the fuck up. Or you could just call me gargus and continue to ascribe actions and stances to me that I didn't take to give yourself an ego boost.

Shit, you're acting as if I said she should goto hell and was a no-talent waste of oxygen or something. If anyone is posturing on this thread, its you.

"But I guess it's easier to just lock most people up and enable others." Everything has to be a big fucking issue with society for you doesn't it? It's just a thread saying Whitney is dead. Understand? Relax. :roll:

But you're right, you are the new gargus. Congrats.

[quote name='confoosious']"But I guess it's easier to just lock most people up and enable others." Everything has to be a big fucking issue with society for you doesn't it? It's just a thread saying Whitney is dead. Understand? Relax. :roll:[/quote]
Seems like you're more interested in picking a fight with me than talking about Houston's death and the controversies in her life. Hell, you couldn't even ass youself to criticize another poster using racist vernacular or call out those that mock her, but hey I'm the new gargus, right?

But you're right, you are the new gargus. Congrats.
Since you've made the assertion, now you can back it up with a comparison and evidence.

Welcome to the internet- where RL people can generally troll without feeling bad since they can get their ass whooped if they do it in the real world.

Oh wells, like it or not, a celebrity is dead. We mourn, we pay tribute, we move on. Rest in Peace Whitney Houston but we saw it coming after all the drugs and stress from your strained marriage from Bobby Brown.

Speaking of Bobby Brown- http://entertainment.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/02/12/10386276-bobby-brown-sobs-for-whitney-onstage

I think it's important to remember that she wasn't just an addict.

At one point she was a real talented and dedicated entertainer. There's just something about creative people and substance abuse that tends to mix.

It's a shame she couldn't kick it. But I won't forget the entertainer she was just because of the addict she became. RIP

419726_347766878590677_100000721044571_1108573_1579170665_n.jpg

[quote name='pitfallharry219']They're saying now that it looks like she may have passed out and drowned in the bathtub. Really sad.[/QUOTE]

"May have"? Well let's see, did they find her in a tub full of water? How the hell can they not know something like that right away?

[quote name='keithp']"May have"? Well let's see, did they find her in a tub full of water? How the hell can they not know something like that right away?[/QUOTE]

Because if she suffered heart failure first, then she didn't drown. Same thing with when Randy Savage died. Just because they found him behind the wheel after a car accident doesn't mean that's what killed him.

[quote name='Blade']This was my ex-girlfriend and I's song, and she just listed herself in a relationship with the guy she started seeing before we broke up.[/QUOTE]

Protip: Don't make your next couple-song Meatloaf's "I'd Do Anything For Love".

I liked the other Ding Dong The Whitney's Dead thread better, but it was threadjacked from a misplaced deals thread gone awry. Here's a highlight from it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RgXC303Q5A

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Because if she suffered heart failure first, then she didn't drown. Same thing with when Randy Savage died. Just because they found him behind the wheel after a car accident doesn't mean that's what killed him.[/QUOTE]

48 year old females rarely just die of sudden cardiac death, unless they have some genetic predisposition (e.g., Brugada syndrome or long QT syndrome) or they go into a cardiac arrhythmia from stimulant overdose or from other drugs that lengthen their QT interval. Also, if one has developed congestive heart failure from long term meth/cocaine usage, arrhythmia risk is increased (particularly at low ejection fractions)... however, just looking at Whitney one could tell that she did not have severe CHF...

If she was truly found in a bathtub, the most likely scenario would be death due to drowning that was due to over-sedation. Mixing benzodiazepines (e.g., xanax/ativan, etc.) with alcohol +/ opiates (oxycontin, percocet, etc.) or other sedative (e.g., "muscle relaxants" and sleeping pills) is dangerous. Of course it is also possible for one to have a seizure in the bathtub and die of drowning; however, otherwise healthy people usually don't tend to get seizures out of the blue in middle age.

Here's an article about benzodiazepine use and bathtubs in elderly suicidal individuals:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12850977

[quote name='confoosious']note to self: take showers when mixing drugs.[/QUOTE]

Good idea! Unless you take a bunch of opiates (or have weak tolerance) and stop breathing/obstruct your airway... you should be fine! ;)

bread's done
Back