Who cares about the iPhone, the new OTT has just been released!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='SneakyPenguin']I just spent $150 on two SNES games. Good thing my income is doubling soon.[/QUOTE]

They had to be complete , right?

Feel like playing Skyrim but I haven't played in months so at this point I'm not sure if I should continue where I left off or start over.

It seems like there are only 4 or 5 enemy types in mass effect. All the mercenary groups behave the same no matter what race they employ.
I do like how my Shephard is talking his team members out of killing on their loyality missions." We've killed 100 people to get here, but killing this person would be in cold blood and make you a killer"
Have been playing the game on Normal now that I've got a handle on the combat and have upgraded quite a bit.

It's trying to make the same distinction between a soldier and a murderer. You (typically) don't call veterans murderers because they killed within the confines of war and a combat situation and all. Killing someone outside of that is for some reason frowned upon.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']It's trying to make the same distinction between a soldier and a murderer. You (typically) don't call veterans murderers because they killed within the confines of war and a combat situation and all. Killing someone outside of that is for some reason frowned upon.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I get it. Just seems kinda silly in the context of a videogame. I'm being rewarded for headshots and how many people I kill. I'm keeping score. But now, my Shephard has moral qualms about it, and he's being the voice of reason for others?

(I always choose to spare them, of course. The player at home isn't a sadistic bastard)

[quote name='Maklershed']Feel like playing Skyrim but I haven't played in months so at this point I'm not sure if I should continue where I left off or start over.[/QUOTE]

Depends on what level you are and how much of the story you remember. If you're level 15 and only did two significant missions I think it is safe to restart the game.

Someone explain Verizon cell plans to me and which I should get for a family of three with two parents who only use cheap phones and don't text and me, who wants to upgrade to an iphone.

Pulled my back or hip or something yesterday. (This has never happened before. My god, I'm getting old) Thought it would be okay this morning after sleeping. It's not. Still leaning against the wall to walk, and could barely manage to pull my pants on this morning. Just called into work and will probably head out to urgent care or my family doc this afternoon once the wife gets home.

[quote name='Maklershed']This Bob's Burger show is just not for me.[/QUOTE]

It's a very crude mixed with subtle humor. I liked the previous show Home Movies better, but even that wasn't spectacular.

I'm on muscle relaxants. Seeing if mtn dew can keep me awake through it.

[quote name='Maklershed']Someone explain Verizon cell plans to me and which I should get for a family of three with two parents who only use cheap phones and don't text and me, who wants to upgrade to an iphone.[/QUOTE]

I think their new plans are based on the bend over and get fucked philosophy. Someone might correct me but I think that everyone has to get unlimited text and talk and like 2 gigs of data ends up costing 50 bucks. Expect your plan to go up substantially if you have Verizon and want a subsidized phone upgrade.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']I think their new plans are based on the bend over and get fucked philosophy. Someone might correct me but I think that everyone has to get unlimited text and talk and like 2 gigs of data ends up costing 50 bucks. Expect your plan to go up substantially if you have Verizon and want a subsidized phone upgrade.[/QUOTE]

My plan now is $108 a month after taxes. The only thing that would be different under the share plan is 2gb of data would be added. The additional cost? $70!

[quote name='Maklershed']My plan now is $108 a month after taxes. The only thing that would be different under the share plan is 2gb of data would be added. The additional cost? $70![/QUOTE]

It's ridiculous. To keep my unlimited data I am going to have to buy a phone at full price. I think I might head back to T-Mobile when my contract ends. That 100 minute, unlimited text, and 5 gigs of data deal for 30 bucks sounds pretty good. If I am going to pay full price for a phone, I at least want to chop my bill down by 50 bucks.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']It's ridiculous. To keep my unlimited data I am going to have to buy a phone at full price. I think I might head back to T-Mobile when my contract ends. That 100 minute, unlimited text, and 5 gigs of data deal for 30 bucks sounds pretty good. If I am going to pay full price for a phone, I at least want to chop my bill down by 50 bucks.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, its utter bullshit. I'm not paying full price for a phone because they want to get rid of the small percent thats grandfathered in. At least ATT is keeping grandfathered plans in for the time being. Never thought I'd think nice of ATT for anything.

I've all ready figured the plan I'm getting with Sprint. 450mins, unlimited mobile to mobile to any carrier, unlimited texting, unlimited nights and weekends and unlimited data all for 80 a month. I rarely make calls to landlines anyhow so I'd barely dip into my min pool. And when I do its usually only for a couple mins each time My bill with VZW is currently 135 after taxes and fees

We dropped our land lines last month. I had just been using an AT&T Go phone. Went through my normal 3 month value of $25 in 5 or 6 weeks.
Will probably just add myself to my wife's Sprint plan in November. Think she pays $85 for unlimited data/talk/text.

[quote name='HumanSnatcher']Yeah, its utter bullshit. I'm not paying full price for a phone because they want to get rid of the small percent thats grandfathered in. At least ATT is keeping grandfathered plans in for the time being. Never thought I'd think nice of ATT for anything.

I've all ready figured the plan I'm getting with Sprint. 450mins, unlimited mobile to mobile to any carrier, unlimited texting, unlimited nights and weekends and unlimited data all for 80 a month. I rarely make calls to landlines anyhow so I'd barely dip into my min pool. And when I do its usually only for a couple mins each time My bill with VZW is currently 135 after taxes and fees[/QUOTE]

I thought about Sprint, but I still don't think I get 85 bucks worth of use out of my phone. I use about 3 gigs of data a month, less than 300 minutes, and less than 100 texts. I have a Verizon phone at the house tied to my sister's plan so I can cut down on my mobile minutes. At worst I think the prepaid T-Mobile plan would cost me 50 bucks in a bad month.

The only issue is I don't know if they have increased the quality of their coverage here. I am assuming they are working on it since they have new spectrum and are acquiring some more. Sprint has just as crappy of coverage here so its a choice between two crummy providers. The only benefit to Sprint is that LTE is supposed to get turned on in January or February here.

I can't speak for T-mobile, but I myself use Virgin Mobile. You have to pay for the phone, but there are no contracts. Cheapest plan is $35 for 300 minutes, unlimited text and web. It might become slower if you use an X amount (not sure how much since I use a wifi connection most of the time), but otherwise I consider it a good deal. Only pay $25 myself though since I'm currently grandfathered in.

Verizon here myself on a Droid RAZR. I tend to use about 8-10 gigs of data a month depending on how much Hulu/Netflix/MLS Live I watch on the go. Thankfully I got until next summer before I need to decide if I want to stay with Verizon or switch to Sprint. I won't deal with T-Mobile after several bad experiences some of my relatives have had with them. Apparently Sprint is supposed to have LTE working in my area by early 2013 but we'll see.

Also Casey you can get a phone via CraigsList/eBay/etc. You don't have to buy off contract to keep unlimited data with Verizon. Well at least for now until Verizon finds another way to force people off unlimited data.

[quote name='Maklershed']Feel like playing Skyrim but I haven't played in months so at this point I'm not sure if I should continue where I left off or start over.[/QUOTE]

That's how I feel with the game. I like the idea of playing more than actually playing.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Verizon here myself on a Droid RAZR. I tend to use about 8-10 gigs of data a month depending on how much Hulu/Netflix/MLS Live I watch on the go. Thankfully I got until next summer before I need to decide if I want to stay with Verizon or switch to Sprint. I won't deal with T-Mobile after several bad experiences some of my relatives have had with them. Apparently Sprint is supposed to have LTE working in my area by early 2013 but we'll see.

Also Casey you can get a phone via CraigsList/eBay/etc. You don't have to buy off contract to keep unlimited data with Verizon. Well at least for now until Verizon finds another way to force people off unlimited data.[/QUOTE]

The problem is if I am getting a new phone I want it to be the newest best shit out. Paying 600 bucks for a phone plus 70-80 bucks a month is just too much.

How is Sprint's coverage? I mean in general. I'm in MD, so specifics would be good too, but if generally they have good coverage that is info that helps. I'm scared to switch providers because I don't know how well it's going to work. But I'm not entirely thrilled with AT&T and the signal at home is fairly week (but much better elsewhere). Maybe Sprint is the way to go as then I'd still have unlimited, unlike going with Verizon. Just don't know if they'll do any better at my house.

[quote name='crunchewy']How is Sprint's coverage? I mean in general. I'm in MD, so specifics would be good too, but if generally they have good coverage that is info that helps. I'm scared to switch providers because I don't know how well it's going to work. But I'm not entirely thrilled with AT&T and the signal at home is fairly week (but much better elsewhere). Maybe Sprint is the way to go as then I'd still have unlimited, unlike going with Verizon. Just don't know if they'll do any better at my house.[/QUOTE]

Here in Raleigh the problem with Sprint and T-Mobile is that the signal doesn't penetrate as well as it needs. Walking in a mall or somewhere like that means you get no signal. They also have spotty coverage. I don't know if will get better with Sprint reallocating its 2g spectrum and t mobile getting spectrum from ATT. I am assuming that it should.

I don't think we've ever had a coverage problem with Sprint. Even worked this summer in Anchorage.

Second day out of work due to my back problelm. Was planning on going to work today until getting up off the couch made me realize I wasn't as healed as I thought.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']The problem is if I am getting a new phone I want it to be the newest best shit out. Paying 600 bucks for a phone plus 70-80 bucks a month is just too much.[/QUOTE]

I hear you on that. To be honest outside of the NFC stuff on the Galaxy S III at this point I don't feel like I am missing out on much with the phones that either just came out or coming out soon. Yeah the new crop of phones such as the RAZR HD are offering faster processors and better battery life but I don't feel any hurry to toss out my working RAZR at this point.

[quote name='crunchewy']That doesn't sound terribly encouraging. Thanks for the info. I guess I'll either switch to Verizon, or just stick with AT&T.[/QUOTE]

It really just depends on your area. Like I just googled T-mobile coverage and it talked about how they recently purchased Spectrum from from Verizon to help them in Raleigh, which is nice.

I'm hoping that by the time I can afford the phone when I switch to Sprint, that the Note 2 will be out and decently priced. As I'll have just enough in my NewEgg account to pay for the phone

Been pretty cool here for a month. I took my air conditioner out of the window in early September already. Rumors have it lots of snow for the northeast this winter. :whee:

I hope not. But then again, didn't they say that last year and the only snow we got was that one day in October for the most part?

We're about to finally get rain. Which we haven't had for two months. For an area known for rain, that's just bizarre. Hope we don't break out streak of having a dry Halloween though.

Hey guys is Amazon Prime worth it if I am not going to use it for any streaming? For my new business I have to order a bunch of shit every week but none of it needs like over nighted or anything.

There has to be more of a benefit than free 2 day shipping and streaming right?

[quote name='Soodmeg']Hey guys is Amazon Prime worth it if I am not going to use it for any streaming? For my new business I have to order a bunch of shit every week but none of it needs like over nighted or anything.

There has to be more of a benefit than free 2 day shipping and streaming right?[/QUOTE]

Well, you also always get free shipping on prime-eligible items without having to hit that $25 minimum you usually do for FSSS. If it's a lot of small purchases on separate orders it will likely pay for itself over a year from that.

Beat Borderlands 2 last night. Hit level 33 on my melee Zero and logged 53 hours already.

[quote name='eldergamer']No posts for 8 hours? I'm stuck here at home, and you guys aren't entertaining me.[/QUOTE]

Ive been in training all week...sorry, OTT.

[quote name='CaseyRyback']It took three episodes, but South Park finally had a good episode.[/QUOTE]

I thought sarcastaball was a lot better than you guys gave it credit for. Last week's was funny as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back