Who else has reached their limit for EB's AFF25 coupon code?

Yeah, I reached my limit last night. It sucks because it's not how many games you buy, but how many orders you place. I placed 2 orders using the code (1 game each).

But I did snag Viewtiful Joe for $27 shipped :D

I only got to use it once. I was entering the codes to compare prices (I didn't want to get out a calculator) and apparently I hit my limit without even buying anything. Live and learn. There was a new 20 percent code on the website today. I'm sure everyone knows about it but it was "20PRWN".

I haven't used it in a while, but last December I was blocked out from using the AFF25 because it said I had reached my limit.

I had a recent problem where the same incorrect game was sent to me twice (they had the previous version of the game listed as a newer one) and while speaking to them about that I mentioned getting locked out on the AFF25 deal, and they said if it ever happens, call them and they would apply the code during the phone order.

Clearing out your cookies is probably the easiest option though, as discount codes are applied _before_ you log into their system for payment purposes.

-merscwog

[quote name='CheapyD']I think it was reset as I can use AFF25 again.[/quote]

I take it back...its not working for me again.

I'll contact EB and see if I can a new code for CAGs.

[quote name='CheapyD']I just hit the wall today.
I bought Ecks vs Sever (GBA) for $6.[/quote]

What code?? for eb.com?? and how do u use it??

[quote name='Dragonwarrior587'][quote name='CheapyD']I just hit the wall today.
I bought Ecks vs Sever (GBA) for $6.[/quote]

What code?? for eb.com?? and how do u use it??[/quote]

Go and read the posts above. its AFF25, its off of pre-owned games at ebgames.com. And while were at it, there is a search button near the top of the screen that will help you find other deals later

the aff25 code still works. perhaps many of you have reached your discount limit. be careful finding ways around the limit (clearing cookies/new acct-email, etc), it may result in you getting blacklisted.

good luck. I better use it quickly before eb kills it. everytime i've called them about coupon codes they kill it w/i 24 hours. sometimes I believe they aren't aware that the codes are still effective.

*thread merged*I tried to see the price of a game after the AFF25 coupon and it told me that I had already used the AFF25 promotion the maximum number of times.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Not me yet, surprisingly, but from what I've read here you can clear out your cookies and re-use the code. Not that I'm endorsing such an activity, of course... :D

I have bought a lot of used games from ebgames.com and will continue to do so as long as I can use the aff25 code. If they start blocking usage of the code by setting a flag in your user account (on their servers), I'd suggest going elsewhere for used games.

I love their used game prices but the aff25 code is what will keep me going back for more.

[quote name='CheapyD'][quote name='CheapyD']I think it was reset as I can use AFF25 again.[/quote]

I'll contact EB and see if I can a new code for CAGs.[/quote]

Any results yet on a new coupon code?

Frankly EB's used games are only worth it with the aff25 code cause most of their used games are way overpriced. Some used games are only marked down 2 or 3 dollars and they are really old.

[quote name='Scrubking'][quote name='CheapyD'][quote name='CheapyD']I think it was reset as I can use AFF25 again.[/quote]

I'll contact EB and see if I can a new code for CAGs.[/quote]

Any results yet on a new coupon code?

Frankly EB's used games are only worth it with the aff25 code cause most of their used games are way overpriced. Some used games are only marked down 2 or 3 dollars and they are really old.[/quote]

Yup, the results are its not going to happen.
I did my best guys, sorry.

If you guys can think of any promotion ideas for EB, let me know and I'll pass it on to them.

Thanks for giving it a shot Cheapy. I've used the code twice so far for a savings of just under $10 and I got the message that I had maxed the code out a week or so ago. (I may have used the code checking out one or two orders a few months ago before I read on here that this apparently adds up to your being blocked.)

I'll probably just install a new browser (or set up a new profile/clean out my cookies) if I see something I really want to use the AFF25 on.

I tried deleting my cookies and logging in after inputing the code and it didnt work. After hitting submit order it just took me back to my cart without the coupon code activated.

when i cleaned out my cookies i used system mechanic so maybe its your whole cache too that need to be cleaned???

It seems to not be related to cookies, as I cleared out my entire cookies, went back to the site, and it was happy to use my code until I logged in again as myself, at which point it took away the discount and when I tried to add it again, it said I had gone over my limit. So yes, deleting your cookies will let you apply the code, but as soon as you log into their site again, it'll take it away before you are allowed to fully check out.

Looks like they have tied the code to some portion of your account on their site. I suspect if you used a different email and purchased that way (possibly need to set up a whole new account around that email), you could probably use the code again. I don't really need any "new" games that badly as I haven't finished half the ones I already have, and not being able to use the code has helped me save some money this past month.

-merscwog

I've used that code quite a bit without any problems. I used it last November on PSO for GC and got it for $35 (a bit much, but it has a pretty good multiplayer mode). I've used it also on Enter the Matrix GC, Robot Alchemic Drive, Devil May Cry, FFX, and Ico without any problems. I use Opera, but I don't know if that would matter. In any case, I've easily saved over $40 with that code, maybe more.

bread's done
Back