who has ever used there F-Zero GX save on a F-Zero AX arcade machine?

I still have yet to even find an AX machine. I remember back in August/September starting a thread to post finds of AXes, and there was lukewarm response at best.

I bet Nathan's arcade in Yonkers had one when it first came out but seeing as I dont have a car I could never check... If they had it, it's probably gone by now.

there is a huge underground arcade near to me about 15 minutes away from where i live now and ill go check it out......its huge, i remember going their as a little kiddy

Seeing the sad state of American arcades these days it seems unlikely you'll find any arcade game that already has a home console incarnation. It's like the black death of arcade profits...unless the arcade version offers an experience you can't get at home (i.e. hydraulic seats, etc.) or the arcade has the money to buy the latest and greatest -regardless of how often they get played.
My local arcade had almost nothing but fighting games back in the day, which was all fine and good until the console versions improved to the point where they were just as good -if not better than their arcade brethren.

because gameplayers are a kind not so common now......all my friends used to play videogames even since ive been in the 1st grade and they all stopped...........and became JOCKS!!!! so i dont hang out with them anymore

i was in las vegas a few months ago and they had one at the arcade at the Luxor (the big pyramid hotel). i played it a few times which was great, but unfortunately, I didnt think to bring my GC memory card with me on vacation.

Arcades in the US have a lot more to compete with, one of those things is the perception of what an arcade is. When most people go out on a friday night its to a club or bar or something. They dont go out looking to punk quarters or a debt card into a machine to stare at a tv screen all night, thats what they all bought playstation2s for.

In Japan people have more reverance for the games and a culture that dosent dismiss them as something to be done in the house. Plus their arcades are far more elaborate and offer more experiences besides 10 Street Fighter VS Marvels side by side in a dark corner.

well I remember reading that sega's stock was up because of the sales of the arcades(not sure where i read it tho) also I read in a rumor somewhere that sega + nintendo is workin on the next one.

[quote name='Alpha2']Arcades in the US have a lot more to compete with, one of those things is the perception of what an arcade is. When most people go out on a friday night its to a club or bar or something. They dont go out looking to punk quarters or a debt card into a machine to stare at a tv screen all night, thats what they all bought playstation2s for.

In Japan people have more reverance for the games and a culture that dosent dismiss them as something to be done in the house. Plus their arcades are far more elaborate and offer more experiences besides 10 Street Fighter VS Marvels side by side in a dark corner.[/quote]

Yah, it's sad but true. The state of arcades are pitful around where I live. We've got maybe 2 decent ones in Miami and a nice one in Ft. Lauderdale, which is a good 45-60 minutes drive. What is pretty good is that my university has a pretty decent arcade selection and pool to boot :)

Yeah, I don't even know of a single decent arcade near me, and have yet to see a F-Zero AX machine at all :( Arcades are more or less dead and have been for some time, unfortunately. The combination of raising most prices beyond a quarter and cookie-cutter fighting/light gun/driving games being the only things there to play killed them for me even before they disappeared. I think Gauntlet Legends was the last arcade game I really played, sadly, although it's a great game.

Well I feel sorry for all you guys, I have seen plenty of them around me. There was this one at the Sunset Casiino, great game but i hate the place now ever since they took out my favorite machine: Soul Calibur 12. I had set up a character that had 5600 wins and 450 losses. Now i hate the place and never go there, although i have played the F-Zero machine a few times recently.
I believe taht the reason you don't see anymore arcade machines at arcades is because there are always newer and better machines coming out and the arcade owners and operators can't keep up.

Only 1 arcade that I know of anywhere near me (though we used to have 2, but one closed down a few years ago), and I dont think that it has F-Zero AX.

I think even Nintendo knew that arcades in the USA are dead and put all the stuff that you got by only hooking up to it in Japan as unlockable things in the US version.

Marvelous Marvins Mechanicle Museum located on Orachard LK. road near 15 mile.

Machine Status: THE FRIGGIN CHAIR IS STUCK ALMOST SIDEWAYS!!!!

that kinda pissed me off...but it did make me go buy the game considering i wouldnt have to sit at a weird angle to play it...

14 reported machines in the US.... really sad....

But since AX is such an "experience", with hydraulics and other pieces that require high maintenance, I can see why so few.

bread's done
Back