Who has the best Xbox 360 pre-order deal?

repetske

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
With the system release only 6 months away, who is offering the best deal to pre-order? This is probably jumping the gun since there is no price yet, but I'm so damn excited it's just fun to talk about. At this point I think Game Rush will probably offer the best deal, but I guess we have to wait and see. I also know they will be open at midnight when it launches. I'm not really down with EB and Gamestop at this point, since they act like they are doing me a favor letting me pre-order with no discounts or incentives.

This is probably jumping the gun since there is no price yet

Kinda hard to preorder something that's priceless, eh?

Gamestop just started taking preorders today, i'm guessing just a $20 deposit or something until they get the prices in.

[quote name='Scorch']Kinda hard to preorder something that's priceless, eh?

Gamestop just started taking preorders today, i'm guessing just a $20 deposit or something until they get the prices in.[/QUOTE]

GS out here were asking for $50 when I was in there last night.

From what I heard last night, they should have pricing by the end of E3, if not a week or so beyond that. That's when the real bundle pricings will happen.

EB is taking limited pre-orders as of today. I was at EB earlier and the guy asked me if i wanted to pre-order. He had 20 or 25 slots, with 8 remaining I think. $20 would get you on the list.

[quote name='PsyClerk']EB is taking limited pre-orders as of today. I was at EB earlier and the guy asked me if i wanted to pre-order. He had 20 or 25 slots, with 8 remaining I think. $20 would get you on the list.[/QUOTE]
The question remains, take what spots there are left, or wait it out till E3, then see what youve got to work with, maybe ill put down the $20.00

I wouldnt expect any incredible deals. Count on maybe a trade in offer towards games, but there isnt much of a need to go crazy with a deal, since itll sell out everywhere anyway.

I'm hoping EB or Gamerush will at least do some sort of extra dollars on trade-ins toward the system. I've worked in retail for all the system launches from PS1 to GBA SP, so I'm not a total stranger to the whole pre-order process.

I guess I was mainly wondering if anyone had heard of a trade-in deal. I'm assuming all the places must have something in the works to announce right after E3, but I thought someone at EB or Gamerush might have already gotten in promo materials that have offers. I know when I worked at EB, we got the pre-order materials about a week early and the same with price drops. It was fun to get signs a week before E3 that said Xbox/PS2 $199.99, but it did kind of ruin the surprise.

I put $20 down at my local EB today.

It was already in the systems etc.. and the min was the $20. they just started taking pre-orders today and by 4:00 pm when i got there they already have 17 pre-orders lol!

My store is capping at 50... another system supply/demand crisis?

[quote name='StealthySeal']My store is capping at 50... another system supply/demand crisis?[/QUOTE]

I doubt its so much that as they are simply covering their a$$es. I doubt highly any store has been given any sort of numbers of units they can order, let alone, be assured of getting in. 50 is a lowball number. Once they know more, theyll add more.

I think for any system launch there is a supply vs. demand problem. Its not easy to go from protype to in stores for xmas with enough to cover everyone who wants one. It wont be a "crisis" but it wont be easy to come by either.

The store I went to is only taking 14 because they said that the managers look at the Xbox sales and determine which stores get how many

I'm sure stores like Costco and other stores like that will have bundles of X360 that are fairly cheap.

[quote name='alongx']Preordering is for suckers. Gotta learn to live a little and go for a launch day rush.[/QUOTE]

Just stay away from the malls. That's pretty much hell on earth there. Just like the malls on Black Friday... old ladies being suplexed into glass cases and smacked with DVD players (unfortunately I'm not joking; saw it on the news one year).

I remember reading in the paper when the PS2 came out, about someone being trampled in a mall on launch day, that ended up dying a few days later from the injuries.

Yeck... :(

Gamestop $50
EB $20
Media Play/Sam Goody $50 guarantees you console, two games, extra controller, 64MB Card, "Special Surprise"

Those are the only three I know.

AS OF TODAY EB IS NOW REQUIRING $50 DEPOSIT

I called and they said $20 so i stopped in and the manager enters my preorder looks confused and calls the store down the road. Seems he missed his email while he was off for the weekend, corporate changed it to $50 instead of $20.

I got mine preordered anyway though....... :)

[quote name='alongx']Preordering is for suckers. Gotta learn to live a little and go for a launch day rush.[/QUOTE]

:lol:...that made me picture Borat running through a mall in full camo screaming "I love the U.S. of A!" and knocking over little kids for a 360

It depends on what your looking for. EB Games and Gamestop will almost certainly require you to purchase a rather large bundle pack with pre determined games and such. You usually wind up saving a small amount of money doing it this way. Places like GameRush and such are good since I have not seen them require a bundle on a pre-order system before. You can usually get much more for your trades as well if you are looking to pay for the system that way.

[quote name='AdvOfJet']It depends on what your looking for. EB Games and Gamestop will almost certainly require you to purchase a rather large bundle pack with pre determined games and such. You usually wind up saving a small amount of money doing it this way. Places like GameRush and such are good since I have not seen them require a bundle on a pre-order system before. You can usually get much more for your trades as well if you are looking to pay for the system that way.[/QUOTE]

That's only on-line though, right?

There's no "deals" on the reserves yet, but with gamestop's current trade in deal(extra % depending on how many games you trade), you could take a nice chunk out of the price, if you have some crap you don't mind trading.

My local gamestop gave me 20% extra when I traded in my xbox 1 and put the money towards and xbox 360. They also offered me an extra 20% on any games I would trade in yet I only had 1 game to trade.

[quote name='fromunda cheese']My local gamestop gave me 20% extra when I traded in my xbox 1 and put the money towards and xbox 360. They also offered me an extra 20% on any games I would trade in yet I only had 1 game to trade.[/QUOTE]

yep. Just came in here to post GS is doing the 20% extra towards a 360 thing. and trade in credit goes untaxed, which is nice.

bread's done
Back