Who is going to get this Terminator 2 Blu-Ray W/ Endoskull?

SuperJedi

CAGiversary!
[youtube]ObhNPFTuXLY[/youtube]
terminator-2-sky-net-edition-hits-b.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Limited-Complete-Collectors-Endoskull-Blu-ray/dp/B001RIY49C

On May 19, 2009 Lionsgate will finally release Terminator 2 Skynet Edition on Blu-ray. Fans of the ultimate action film can see and hear multiple versions of the movie in explosive, THX certified high-definition and all-new English Lossless DTS-HD Master Audio. The disc is loaded with over 8 hours of interactive Blu-ray content including over 140 minutes of behind the scenes video and multimedia galleries, storyboard-script views, audio commentaries, quizzes and games – plus additional BD-Live enabled content featuring games and more that is accessible on Internet-connected players.

In addition, the Terminator 2 Skynet Edition Blu-ray will be available for a limited time in the Limited Edition T2 Complete Collector's Set, a 6-disc set that allows the ultimate T2 fan to play the film anytime, anywhere! Packaged with a 14" T-800 Endoskull bust that plays sound effects from the film while its eyes light up, this collectible set features the Terminator 2 Skynet Edition Blu-ray plus both the Extreme Edition DVD and Ultimate Edition DVD – which, combined, include every T2 special feature ever released on DVD. As a bonus, the Limited Edition T2 Complete Collector's Set comes with a digital copy of the film for iTunes or Windows Media.

Is Guns N Roses song (You Could Be Mine) on there, Dammit?

[youtube]CzB5hFINC_k[/youtube]

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw the BD for like $12. So what are you getting for an additional $118? A skull? Can you replace your skull with this one? Then THAT would be a supreme deal! If not then... BAH!!!!

I will keep an close eye on it. If it's sold out over $100, then I will dip. Otherwise, I will wait for month-years to see if it will go on Deep discounts or anything.

I still have the thick metal slip cover for the Ultimate Edition that came out in '01. I only bought the Extreme one because of the noticeable difference in quality when upscaled. As for the current BR, I'm not getting it, as the new one coming out is the extended cuts like the Ultimate and Extreme.

At least with the Extreme you didn't have to easter egg hunt for the extended directors cut...

I'm glad they are releasing a good blu-ray version after the mediocre one already out, but i'll skip that ultimate edition or whatever. What a waste of money imo

I know this is off-topic slightly, but could someone list all the different U.S. DVD & Blu-ray versions of T2? I'm having a debate with a friend about the most re-dipped movie ever, counting DVD & Blu-ray versions.

[quote name='normalmode']I know this is off-topic slightly, but could someone list all the different U.S. DVD & Blu-ray versions of T2? I'm having a debate with a friend about the most re-dipped movie ever, counting DVD & Blu-ray versions.[/quote]

How is this even a debate? Army of darkness takes that one hands down. I think there are close to 8+ versions of dvd alone of that movie.

I've just put in my order for the endoskull at Amazon for $117. I'm not saying it's the smartest decision I've ever made but, mother of God, that packaging is smokin'! I'll be pissed if it turns out to be made of lightweight plastic, though...

I'll buy the regular blu for $15 new. All that matters is the movie, the rest is filler.

If you want the ALL the special features get the ultimate dvd of t2. Everythings on there.

[quote name='handisnacks']Nope, sorry.

I've never seen a trilogy or box set of movies that contained films from different movie studios. Even those two-packs of blu-ray movies you see for $30 at most retail outlets are movies done by the same company. Cloverfield & Sleepy Hollow, Shooter & Italian Job, for example, all Paramount. Superhero Blu-Ray Pack --- All Sony Pictures.

Sucks but we have to live with it.[/quote]

I own the Terminator Collection on VHS, which includes both the first and second films. Doesn't that go against your theory if one was from MGM and the other Lionsgate?

Be VERY wary of this upcoming Skynet edition of the movie. It's not even a new master that they're releasing (one is being talked about for the 2011 20th anniversary though), and I have heard from many that it's actually plagued with heavy DNR and that the older release of the Blu actually looks better and more normal than this edition. Others have said the PQ is an improvement, but hardly one worth an "upgrade". The movie just looks soft even on the best HD releases and the lack of a new remastering will continue that.

I had a pre-order for the non-Endoskull edition but I canceled upon hearing about the new version, as seen in this thread: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?p=1823612 ; Also some stuff here: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1122423

Only upsides apparently are the sound, and the fact it has the extended, but that apparently is accessed via easter egg.

I'll wait for reviews but I mean, this edition looks kinda sucky. Seems like it's just a cash-in on the new movie without any real respects to the movie or a restoration.

Just got back from Best Buy, yes it's a BB exclusive.

I got the Skynet BR only, not going to get the Endoskull version now.

If in the future it goes Clearance, then yes I will double dip, but I doubt it.

Hopefully I will have a use for the $50 Sideshow collectibles gift card!

There is a limited selection of stuff you can choose from Sideshow with the card. I used mine to grab one of their "the Dead" figures. I like zombies, what can I say?

[quote name='jond76']There is a limited selection of stuff you can choose from Sideshow with the card. I used mine to grab one of their "the Dead" figures. I like zombies, what can I say?[/QUOTE]

How limited, like what?

Does it have a price range that you HAVE to meet?

Does it Expire?

I would have thought if it was limited as to what you could get it would be terminator related. However you geting something that is the dead I'm also wondering how limited and when it expires.

[quote name='dg7md']Be VERY wary of this upcoming Skynet edition of the movie. It's not even a new master that they're releasing (one is being talked about for the 2011 20th anniversary though), and I have heard from many that it's actually plagued with heavy DNR and that the older release of the Blu actually looks better and more normal than this edition. Others have said the PQ is an improvement, but hardly one worth an "upgrade". The movie just looks soft even on the best HD releases and the lack of a new remastering will continue that.

I had a pre-order for the non-Endoskull edition but I canceled upon hearing about the new version, as seen in this thread: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?p=1823612 ; Also some stuff here: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1122423

Only upsides apparently are the sound, and the fact it has the extended, but that apparently is accessed via easter egg.

I'll wait for reviews but I mean, this edition looks kinda sucky. Seems like it's just a cash-in on the new movie without any real respects to the movie or a restoration.[/QUOTE]

I don't really see one coming out in 2011 like people say. I read that Cameron has said he wants to go back and do comentary on all his movies and make a new BD/DVD release of them. However I'm thinking 2011 might be a little soon. If it is 2011 then I'm guessing it will be near the end of it. I wouldn't expect him to be able to do this and it come out till around the middle 2012.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/giftcard/[/url]

wow this sucks. I didn't see one thing I wanted on that list and not one terminator related item. I really don't want to spend more than what is on the gift card and the only thing I saw that I would even use the card for just to use it was this little alien thing that was 65 bucks.

Sorry for the delay. I think the card expires June 2010 IIRC.

It's a pretty good list of stuff, no price minimums or anything. I got that Dead figure for $17 shipped so I took it.

Yeah I picked the dvd up last night and it is june 30th 2010. Also it is a card that is in the case and slides around. So if you pick one up and hear something moving around that is it.

[quote name='sendme']I don't really see one coming out in 2011 like people say. I read that Cameron has said he wants to go back and do comentary on all his movies and make a new BD/DVD release of them. However I'm thinking 2011 might be a little soon. If it is 2011 then I'm guessing it will be near the end of it. I wouldn't expect him to be able to do this and it come out till around the middle 2012.[/QUOTE]

T2 is possibly the most re-re-released movie of all time, and just remember the original T2 Blu (one without as much DNR or grain reducing as far as I've heard) came just less than three years ago. It might not be until late 2011, but no way they aren't going to capitalize on another T2 release on an anniversary... unfortunately this release doesn't cut the mustard for what T2 deserves in an HD transfer.

I agree but the ones you linked to the way I read them they were talking about this set. Cameron has plans to rerelease all of his movies in the near future with added commentary and better audio and video. For me and this is just for me this set was worth 20 bucks and change for. However I will still pick up this movie again when Cameron redoes it. I was watching it last night and to me the video did not look as bad as I have read that it looks. The menues I could not read to well because the print was so small on my tv. Also even though I was only playing it using my tv speakers I thought the audio was better.

Yeah I read the eyes DO light up!

[youtube]SM9EJXxUxw4[/youtube]

The reason he has just 4 discs is because he has a Region 2.

Region 1 (America) has 6 discs like Amazon says.

I couldn't see the video you posted because the person that made it made it so it could not be embeded. I did see another one and it had the sound but did not see it open. Where the hell did they get the sound for it. I would have thought you would here "I'll be back", "Come with me if you want to live" maybe the start up sound of the Terminator and the theme for the movie. I think they had the boot up for the Terminator and maybe the theme. This set sounds like a bigger let down then I thought it would be. If it had the frases, boot up sound, and the theme it would be almost worth getting if I had the extra cash and room.

[quote name='sendme']I couldn't see the video you posted because the person that made it made it so it could not be embeded. I did see another one and it had the sound but did not see it open. Where the hell did they get the sound for it. I would have thought you would here "I'll be back", "Come with me if you want to live" maybe the start up sound of the Terminator and the theme for the movie. I think they had the boot up for the Terminator and maybe the theme. This set sounds like a bigger let down then I thought it would be. If it had the frases, boot up sound, and the theme it would be almost worth getting if I had the extra cash and room.[/QUOTE]

Just click the video box, in the post. It takes you to Youtube, and you can see the video

Yeah I saw it. I ended up going to youtub and just doing a search for it. I thought they would have the discs in the head but see that it is a tray in the base of it that comes out. I agree with the guy that did the video that, that is not really a good idea for them to do it like that.

How does the picture quality compare to the German HD-DVD version? I was quite impressed with the German import and was wondering how the BD stacks up?

Aaron

[quote name='schnuth']How does the picture quality compare to the German HD-DVD version? I was quite impressed with the German import and was wondering how the BD stacks up?

Aaron[/QUOTE]
[quote name='chronomac']I disagree. The Skynet Edition has been proven to have worsened video in comparison to the first Blu-ray. DVD Beaver has some comparison shots and so does Xylon from the AVS forums and the added DNR (Digital Noise Reduction) is obvious from even those low-res JPGs. As a whole, the picture is artifically smoother and thus removes film grain, which is intended to be seen. So I recommend the regular Blu-ray over the Skynet, if you value the look of the movie more than extra versions.[/QUOTE]

some people are not happy with this version

bread's done
Back