Who is this new user?

shrike4242

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1043 (100%)
Does anyone else have an issue with this new user?

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/member.php?u=99426

They go by the name of "CheapAssGamer.com", and have "borrowed" CheapyD's avatar as their own.

Currently, all their posts are mostly digs on the site's deals, save the occasional non-descript post.

I'd like to have the mods look into this user and see if they're a previously banned user back on CAG.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']I saw some mention earlier today of a banned CAG using the AIM name CAGCheapyD or something of the sort. I'll see if I can find it again, maybe it ties together.[/QUOTE]

The latest "Pepsi" thread implied Cheapassgamer.com might be him again... but the language skills don't really mesh, IMO.

[quote name='Xevious']He only has 10 posts. If I was Cheapy, I would not be happy though....[/QUOTE]
He could've at least ripped the avatar properly. Sheesh.

[quote name='GuyWithGun']Someone missing their mod-powers just a tad? ;)[/quote]

I'm kind of surprised this "new user" has been able to continue using the site name and Cheapy's avatar in their profile for this long.

Granted, we all know this moron is a fake, but still there should be a rule against this type of blatant misrepresentation, intentional or not.

[quote name='gunm']I'm kind of surprised this "new user" has been able to continue using the site name and Cheapy's avatar in their profile for this long.

Granted, we all know this moron is a fake, but still there should be a rule against this type of blatant misrepresentation, intentional or not.[/quote]That's the issue I have concern with. I know there are some users out there with copies of CheapyD's avatar, such as SmellsLikeRandyMossGuy, though his av is a different CheapyD av. The name of "CheapAssGamer.com" could be a representation of this site, and that's the real issue more than anything else.

Like I said in another thread, it's probably a spam account of some sort. If I had to guess, probably from www.bugmenot.com, or a similar site.

A mod should ban all of those usernames, as a shared username/pass is bad news for all of us.

From the first post i saw this guy I figured he would try to scam some less knowledgable or new cags. Its just too damn fishy, and the guy seems like a dick, that's more than enough reason.

I say that a Mod should PM or Email him asking what he wants to change his username to and also requesting that he changes his Avatar. If doesn't do any of that then delete the account, if he comes back Ban him.

Damn, I really have been away too long. Gwen is now a mod?!?!??!

Congratulations!

[quote name='shrike4242']Does anyone else have an issue with this new user?

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/member.php?u=99426

They go by the name of "CheapAssGamer.com", and have "borrowed" CheapyD's avatar as their own.

Currently, all their posts are mostly digs on the site's deals, save the occasional non-descript post.

I'd like to have the mods look into this user and see if they're a previously banned user back on CAG.[/quote]

Tell it to wubb.

Yeah, I know it's late but I couldn't resist.

bread's done
Back