Who will succeed Bob Barker?

thamaster24

CAGiversary!
Whoever replaces the guy has big shoes to fill, I remember staying home sick from school when I was younger, then waking up and watching The Price is Right. I haven't watched it in a long time though. Hopefully we won't have someone that tells us to spay and neuter our pets.

Link to a yahoo article, says Drew Carey is one of the many options:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070718/ap_en_tv/tv_price_is_right

Now I feel like playing Plinko :D

Haha, Drew Carey just might work if he is NOT trying to replace Barker. They'd have to redo the show around him. But I could stand watching it from him if he can work some comedy into it.

Regis... ehh, he's a bit old but he'll do.

I want "The Price is Right" as told by Sean Connery. That would kick ass!

NOBODY can replace bob barker, they just have to find a new host. if rosie ends up as the replacement, ill never watch again.

Damn, since 1972. I have fond memories of that show. I'll miss Bob, but if they can find somebody really good to do the job, I wouldn't mind.

I dont think they should replace him, it wouldnt be the same show. Let the show go out on a good note and just play re-runs. Shit they all look like re-runs, you cant really tell what episodes were new and which were old anyways

Carrot Top:

CarrotTop.jpg

[quote name='mr ryles']I read "clone" as clown, and got a good kick out of it.

See good thing I didn't ignore you.[/QUOTE]

this reminded me of that old Bozo the Clown show... that show was weird

joel mchale shoudl host the show. the guys got the snarky sense of humor that would liven up the show pluss you need someone diff than bob barker. but if he were younger id go with richard dawson or the guy that hosted the match game.

[quote name='lokizz']joel mchale shoudl host the show. the guys got the snarky sense of humor that would liven up the show pluss you need someone diff than bob barker. but if he were younger id go with richard dawson of the guy that hosted the match game.[/QUOTE]

Youre on the right track. I used to love Family Feud when Richard Dawson (best game show host ever) and Ray Combs hosted it. Then they started hiring ex tv stars with no personality at all. Al Borland guy being the worst. Not clever or witty at all.

Hopefully they hire a a comedian or someone who can think and not just some out of work actor looking to make a come back.

And Drew Carey sucks. He ruined Whos Line is it Anyways, please dont let him rui another show.

If we're digging into other known game show hosts, I could see Chuck Wollery doing it. He does a great job on that current show he does on the Game Show channel - I forget the name of it. But he's very friendly and can think on his feet.

Rosie O'Donnell has been very public about her desire to succeed Bob on the Price is Right. If that happens, we're all doomed; the apocalypse is the only possible result.

[quote name='TimPV3']Louie Anderson.[/quote]

you have to be joking. please tell me that was a joke. louie anderson was the worst host ever. man when he hoest family fued he looked like he was half asleep and part doped up and had zero energy to give. not to mention that whole scandal with him a while back with that guy he proped they wouldnt want that tainting the price is right.

in all honesty id just get rid of the show alltogether or bring in something new and diff because it will take alot to get a new host over on that show i dont care who he or she is. bob barker was and is an icon and hes been a part of so many peoples lives through tv he's irreplacable which is hard to say about anything on tv or anyone on tv nowdays.

maybe they can bring back that whammy show only more like its original version and not lame liek that one version.

[quote name='lokizz']you have to be joking. please tell me that was a joke. louie anderson was the worst host ever. man when he hoest family fued he looked like he was half asleep and part doped up and had zero energy to give. not to mention that whole scandal with him a while back with that guy he proped they wouldnt want that tainting the price is right.

in all honesty id just get rid of the show alltogether or bring in something new and diff because it will take alot to get a new host over on that show i dont care who he or she is. bob barker was and is an icon and hes been a part of so many peoples lives through tv he's irreplacable which is hard to say about anything on tv or anyone on tv nowdays.

.[/QUOTE]

God yeah. Rosie ODonnel would be a better choice then Louie Anderson. How that guy even became a "celebrity" is beyond me.

If they replace Bob Barker I dont expect the show to last more then 2 more seasons. Some things just cant be replaced.

Too many commedians are being picked here. I really think the thing is that "the show" was always the star. The seocnd star was the contestants. What made Bob so great was that he understood that, and really stayed back and played off of the elements. If he had to, he would become part of the show, but usually, he just stood back and let the show rule.

I think most commedians would find it difficult to stand back and let the other elements shine. Regis would be perfect, other than his age is getting up there, so in a few years, we'd be replacing him. I think a nice long term solution would be nice.

Maybe a Dan Patrick. I heard he has rumors, he's done radio and tv shows where he isn't the star. He does focus on himself some, but I think he could grow into the role nicely.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind Mario Lopez either, if he was serious about keeping the show for a long time. There is something likeable about him, and I think he could keep the female audience for the show (even though everyone I know loves it when they see it when their sick, you can't really aim for that as your target market).

[quote name='NeoFrank1']Andy Richter.[/quote]

i love andy but if he took over the show would be cancelled in two weeks.

the two ive heard that i like the most are david letterman and adam sandler. too bad neither of them would ever do it.

neil patrick harris or colin quin would be interesting choise too. though i think colin quinn is a long shot neil patrick harris is freakin hilarious. if youve ever seen him cohost on regis and kelly youd know.

[quote name='mr ryles']I read "clone" as clown, and got a good kick out of it.

See good thing I didn't ignore you.[/QUOTE]

Yea I had a bad day few days back.

Someone mentioned the cash cab guy. I could see that working.

i think that old guy that hosts the newlywed gameshow would be a good host too, dont remember his name

[quote name='Cracka']i think that old guy that hosts the newlywed gameshow would be a good host too, dont remember his name[/quote]

Are you talking about Chuck Woolery... he would be a good choice, but I think he's hosting a couple other game shows and he would have to be replaced in less than 8 years or so.

Jason Alexander?

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Al from Tool Time. He already did Family Fued and was pretty good IMO. I forget his real name.[/QUOTE]

I'd have to agree. As someone said, he doesn't seem like the kinda guy that would try to "steal the show" and keep attention on himself. He's also had experience on a game show, and is genuinely likable.

[quote name='whoknows']You had better be lying to piss people off.[/quote]

Have you noticed that i've actually done that before many a time on this forum? This was the truth though, haha

bread's done
Back