Who will win the big ALCS rematch?

I have this terrible feeling the Yanks are just destined to go back to the World Series again. Either way, Mister Ed liked watching the Dodgers on tv, but now that they're out... oh the hell with it go Sox.

Umm... The playoffs have already started. The ALCS starts Tuesday. They can't buy players now.

That said, the Yankees don't have the pitching this year. They have major starting pitching problems and nobody in the bullpen aside from Rivera, Gordon, and maybe Quantrill.

I hate the Yankees, but Boston just seems to fall to pieces when the face New York. I sure want the Sox to win, but I doubt it! Either way I am fearing this offseason cuz the A's might lose Zito to those biatches in NY

[quote name='dafoomie']Umm... The playoffs have already started. The ALCS starts Tuesday. They can't buy players now.

That said, the Yankees don't have the pitching this year. They have major starting pitching problems and nobody in the bullpen aside from Rivera, Gordon, and maybe Quantrill.[/quote]

Rivera may not be there he lost some relatives in a freak accident. I don't think he will miss the games though

I think Rivera will miss atleast game 1; and if he does some how show up, he won't be in any shape to pitch. plus the redsox have played him well as of late. the red sox in 5. bold prediction, but hey, they'll win at home.

Edit: Just looked at the schedule, and game 5 is at Fenway.

Schilling will only go twice, they're using 4 starters.

Schilling vs Mussina
Pedro vs Lieber
Arroyo vs Brown
Wakefield vs Vasquez

The only real hope the Sox have its Schilling. I think the Yankees can pretty much hit the other starters and win games by offense. But either way if its anything like the drama that was that last ALCS, then its guaranteed to be a hell of a series.

as long as the games are close, it'll be a good series. i still see boston coming in and taking 2 at NY to set the tone. Then all they have to do is win 2 of 3 and they clinch their world series bid at home.

sox in 5
JDST4.JPG

Wahahhahahaa. Go back and read you responses. Get off of Schillings nuts, people. You're all so delirious. The curse is alive and in the form of a giant dinosaur.

greenmonster.jpg

[quote name='RichD1']Wahahhahahaa. Go back and read you responses. Get off of Schillings nuts, people. You're all so delirious. The curse is alive and in the form of a giant dinosaur.

greenmonster.jpg
[/quote]

Great pic...Matsui bats extremely well against the Red Sox, not to mention he's hitting .455 in the playoffs so far.

I still don't believe the Yankees almost blew the game tonight...It's already beginning to look like an exciting, strange series.

Boston, I actually believe the curse is over and the Sox will beat the Cards in the World Series. btw, I dont live in boston

[quote name='Lootr2Core']I think the team that wins 4 games will be the winner.[/quote]

I disagree, I think the team that wins more games than the other team will win the series.

[quote name='zionoverfire']I'd love to see the Sox win but I don't think its possible so long and New York can buy any player they want.[/quote]

Boston's salary is only slightly lower.

yeah the difference is miniscule, and the red sox management is driving themselves into debt to win one for their fans. funny huh, debt, isnt that how the curse started?

Something tells me that no matter what i vote The horse will go and get drunk...so i'll stick with my Yankees.

[quote name='e1337gamer']Boston, I actually believe the curse is over and the Sox will beat the Cards in the World Series. btw, I dont live in boston[/quote]

And i believe you are gay.
negative20.jpg

first and foremost, their is about a 60 million dollar difference in payroll...and that doesn't include the amount the yanks picked up on cotreas contract...2nd of all I hate the yanks, but if schilling remains unable to pitch effectively due to his injury it will be the yanks in 7, if he can come back in game 5, and pitch decent..the sox in 6...his fastball last night was about 5mph off what it is usually, and he usually walks about a batter per 9 inn..and he walked 2 in 3 inn last night..the ankle unfort for us boston fans affected him more then we had hoped...

yeah, curt really "shut up" all those fans last night, with that brilliant three inning performanace.

Part of me wants the sox to win, so that people will finally shut up about this BS curse. There is no curse, your team is just 'teh suck'

The other part wants the Yanks to win, just cause they're the Yankees, and I'm a Matsui fan.

And finally, there's the part of me that could care less, since it's football season. Go Philly.

[quote name='ryanbph']first and foremost, their is about a 60 million dollar difference in payroll...and that doesn't include the amount the yanks picked up on cotreas contract...2nd of all I hate the yanks, but if schilling remains unable to pitch effectively due to his injury it will be the yanks in 7, if he can come back in game 5, and pitch decent..the sox in 6...his fastball last night was about 5mph off what it is usually, and he usually walks about a batter per 9 inn..and he walked 2 in 3 inn last night..the ankle unfort for us boston fans affected him more then we had hoped...[/quote]

LMAO. Wow its so funny how those red sox fans said a page ago about how schilling got 3 days rest so he is gonna rock the yanks, then all of a sudden, "unable to pitch effectively due to his injury" stop making up excuses cuz even schilling knows its not an excuse. Rivera still came and pitched great after having a tragedy but you didnt seem to mention that.
There is no 60 million dollar difference you idiot, although i dont like the red sox, they have a great team with people like Ramierz and Schilling, if they were broke they couldnt afford half the people on the team.
This is an exciting series and although im rooting for my yanks, if the red sox win they win. Its like having your little brother beat you in street fighter for once...bound to happen once in a 100 times.

Boston's salary is only slightly lower.
127 million is not slightly less than 184 million. And thats not factoring in the luxury tax the Yankees pay.

Wow its so funny how those red sox fans said a page ago about how schilling got 3 days rest so he is gonna rock the yanks, then all of a sudden, "unable to pitch effectively due to his injury" stop making up excuses cuz even schilling knows its not an excuse. Rivera still came and pitched great after having a tragedy but you didnt seem to mention that.
Schilling has an injured ankle which prevents him from planting his foot and getting enough velocity on his pitches, and it changes his motion so he doesn't have the same control. Rivera's Wife's cousin and cousin's son died, and while its sad, I don't think it will affect your pitching, in fact, I think pitching would be an escape for him if it really bothered him. And while he's probably sad, I think his wife is a little more upset than he is. At least he didn't break his ankle kicking a wall in the locker room.

There is no 60 million dollar difference you idiot, although i dont like the red sox, they have a great team with people like Ramierz and Schilling, if they were broke they couldnt afford half the people on the team.
Its more than 60 million, actually. Its a reason why the Yankees were able to go out and get ARod, Sheffield, and Kevin Brown in the same offseason, 3 players that make about 50 million between them. Take away those 3 players, and they're still 10 million up on the Redsox. What kind of team would they be without them? I don't care about the payroll or how much money they spend, I don't whine about it, thats just the way it is. But you have to acknowlege that it exists.

All that money and they forgot to buy pitching... Its what will cost them in the end.

[quote name='ayolykewhoa']As much as I was disappointed lasted night, I still think the Sox will take this series.[/quote]

its one game. If the sox win tonight they will have taken homefield advantage from the yanks. Winning one of the first two games is all thety need. Also I think almost coming back from an 8 run deficit might put the yanks on edge

Pedro pitched well, the offense let him down. Damon is starting to have better at bats at least... Millar looks like a piece of crap at the plate. They made a very average pitcher (who pitched well) look better than he is.

Kevin Brown vs Broson Arroyo friday... I like our offense against Brown and the bullpen that'll come in the 6th at the latest.

[quote name='dafoomie']Pedro pitched well, the offense let him down. Damon is starting to have better at bats at least... Millar looks like a piece of crap at the plate. They made a very average pitcher (who pitched well) look better than he is.

Kevin Brown vs Broson Arroyo friday... I like our offense against Brown and the bullpen that'll come in the 6th at the latest.[/quote]

Lieber has been pitching amazing at the Stadium all year. 11-3 I think it is at home.

As for the next 2 starts, I wouldn't be surprised if the Yanks swept though I'm not expecting it. Their bats are alive right now and Boston's next 2 suck even more than the Yankees' next two.

Arroyo and Wakefield suck more than Kevin Brown and Vasquez?

Look at Arroyo's numbers. 6th in the AL in WHIP. 8th in the AL in OPP AVG. He's average against lefties but he's not a bad pitcher.

If they just bunted to the pitcher and made him field it, they could probably reach against Brown. He won't go more than 6, and whos going to come in from the bullpen?

I say game 3 is a blowout win for the Redsox, game 4 will be very very close. Wakefield and Vasquez have both pitched well this year but sucked a lot lately. Vasquez pitched ok in his last start in the playoffs and Wakefield pitched ok in his last start.

bread's done
Back