Who will win the NCAA National Championship (Football)?

Like I said in the Super Bowl thread, Florida Gators! They'll win the championship here, get some omlettes to settle their hangovers, then pop on down to Miami to clean that shit up too. Leagues be damned.

superman wears tebow undies.

i hope Tebow either wins the heisman or another national title. he is a freak of a college athlete. Putting another award on his shelf will put him as the one most successful college football players of all-time if not the one of the greatest players.

As a man who goes to a non-automatic qualifying school, I couldn't give a fuck who wins

Shit's set up against most colleges. You could schedule everyone who was willing to play you and beat them soundly and still somehow be left out the picture because some team that plays in "The big 6" and has polling behind it somehow deserves it more

Pitiful. It's a damned if you do/damned if you don't division in 1A (or FBS).

Example: USM could run the table and beat Virginia, L'ville, Kansas, and our whole conference like the schedule dictates. We'd only have two choices when it comes to bowls: A BCS bowl (doubtful we'd sniff the national ttile game though because of "perspection") or the Liberty bowl (Top CUSA school vs like the 6th SEC school sans Miss state/Ole Miss if we both make it due to SEC rules)

...and then of course, the no name bowls like the new orleans bowl and crap

So do yall really think I care if Texas or USC or Florida plays in the national title game? Nope! Not until the lesser good teams have a fair shot

tnlattimer.jpg

ESU Timberwolves!

I want The U to win the Championship but don't see that happening as we are still rebuilding. They do have a ton of athletes though on NCAA 10. :) GO CANES!

More realistically I think the Gators will win. Tebow and crew will be nasty again.

[quote name='$hady']I want The U to win the Championship but don't see that happening as we are still rebuilding. They do have a ton of athletes though on NCAA 10. :) GO CANES!

More realistically I think the Gators will win. Tebow and crew will be nasty again.[/QUOTE]

Florida's defense is what won them championships the past 2 of 3 times. Their offense, while good, is not great.

[quote name='munch']Florida's defense is what won them championships the past 2 of 3 times. Their offense, while good, is not great.[/QUOTE]

You got to be joking. Their offense was ranked third in the nation in points scored (45.2 pts/game against the best teams in the nation) last year. How many good teams watched Tebow and Harvin rack up more yardage than most SEC Running Backs... everyone knew their plays yet no team could stop them.

Plays:
Tebow Middle
Tebow Left
Tebow Right
Screens for Harvin, Demps, and Rainey
After enough runs, they air the ball to either Murphy or Hernandez (who have one on one with the safety)

You lose Harvin but replace him with Dubose
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cFk6cP5dfU

[quote name='lordopus99']You got to be joking. Their offense was ranked third in the nation in points scored (45.2 pts/game against the best teams in the nation) last year. How many good teams watched Tebow and Harvin rack up more yardage than most SEC Running Backs... everyone knew their plays yet no team could stop them.

Plays:
Tebow Middle
Tebow Left
Tebow Right
Screens for Harvin, Demps, and Rainey
After enough runs, they air the ball to either Murphy or Hernandez (who have one on one with the safety)

You lose Harvin but replace him with Dubose
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cFk6cP5dfU
[/QUOTE]

I'm not kidding at all. Well, let me rephrase that. Their offense was great last year, but their defense was better. During their 2006 run their offense wasn't anything to write home about. Only 2 teams scored 21 or more points on them. Their defense is what is going to make them a beast this year. They are returning all 11.

[quote name='darthbudge']You quoted a video, that was in that spoiler Munch.

-----

I think LSU is going to win the championship.[/QUOTE]

Oh, well I had a reply that's missing. And you are out of your mind if you think LSU is going to win the championship. I do think they'll win the West, though.

I do think the Gators are gonna win, but I kind of hate all the fans that don't know a goddamned thing about football gloating about it. I can't wait to leave this town.

I'm a die-hard Ohio State fan however OSU lost a bunch of guys to the draft(like every year but Pryor is looking even better plus we have the seed of Chris Carter hehe :) ). However, if the bucks beat USC the entire country will be focused on them. It's going to come down to the Penn State game, since UM is still rebuilding(Mich St is also becoming a threat). Oklahoma & Texas will battle for the Big 12 like most years(and Oklahoma will probably lose another BCS game). LSU, Bama, Georgia(maybe depends on the new QB) and Florida(I'm glad this will be Tebow's last year so tried of hearing about him) will battle for the SEC. USC will own the PAC 10 like they always do(but will probably lose one or two in conference games). The ACC is such a cluster fuck no telling who will come out of there.

It's almost my favorite time of the year I love College Football!

[quote name='BlueLobstah']Not Alabama.[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping for a week one drubbing by Virginia Tech, but I think that game is going to be really close. This isn't Clemson, and Virginia Tech has a great defense. I'm just ready for these toothless rednecks to shut up.

If Florida beats LSU, then it's all them. I plan on driving down to Lexington to watch them demolish Kentucky on Sept 26. Then again, it's the classic trap game even though they have the bye week between games.

yeah, I can see tebow leading flordia to the championship, but I think ohio state will be there with them.

Personally, I just want to see michigan (wolverines) make it to a bowl game, but thats just me.

Go Blue!

[quote name='munch']This thread is quickly becoming ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

I agree.

I noticed that on the third post about Indiana or Michigan. First off, the Big 10 (err.. 11) get stomped every year in the bowls they play. Reminder of last year... FSU 42-13 on Wisconsin, Missouri 30-23 on Northwestern, Kansas 42-21 on Minnesota, Georgia 24-12 on Mich St, USC 38-24 on Penn St, and Texas 24-21 on Ohio St. 1 out of 7 teams from the Big 10 won their bowl game... :roll: Indiana and Michigan both didn't even get to play in bowl games... :roll:

So why would middle of the pack teams in the league end up winning a championship... :roll:

It's one thing to like your team... mine being my alma mater FSU... but another thing to have unrealistic ideas about them. I am a realist and know my team will not being playing for the national championship. I have hope that my team will win the ACC Championship against Virginia Tech.

I also hope Alabama loses to Tech... Being a virginia native I pull for UVA or VaTech... At least until my South Alabama Jags get into the swing of things with their new team

bread's done
Back