Who's Going to E3?

bmcclary

CAG Veteran
Feedback
0 (0%)
Sorry if this was posted in the wrong area. I am heading to E3 and I am curious to see if any CAG's are heading out there? Has anyone gotten any invites to pressers or parties? I read that E3 creds were sent out this week:lol:. This will be my first E3 and I am curious to see what everything is like.

your mom lol jk. im surprised people still go to these things. sounds like over the years theyve stripped off alot of the bells and whistles that made e3 E3. now theyre selling tickets to go to it right? i used to want to go so bad back when i was a kid but with with internet you can pretty much see it all and never have to wait in line. the only thing left that makes them worth going in the slightest is that you can try and chat up a booth babe thats if they still have them.

Myself and a co-worker are going, and it'll be our first E3. We're still trying to get invites to the press conferences. Worst case, we can just hang out at the door in case they need seat fillers. :p

I sent in my info for media passes, so I think I'll be going again. So far, I've gotten invites to the Sony, Ubisoft, and Nintendo press conferences, as well as to meetings with a few smaller devs. Only one party invite so far for Majesco to party it up with Mama. It's already looking like it's going to be a return to the E3 of years ago, or at least it should be bigger than it was the last two years.

Met up with Desert Eagle, Shipwreck, and Cheapy last year. Good times with the sausage wrapped in bacon at Sony's presser.

[quote name='Redeema']I sent in my info for media passes, so I think I'll be going again. So far, I've gotten invites to the Sony, Ubisoft, and Nintendo press conferences, as well as to meetings with a few smaller devs. Only one party invite so far for Majesco to party it up with Mama. It's already looking like it's going to be a return to the E3 of years ago, or at least it should be bigger than it was the last two years.

Met up with Desert Eagle, Shipwreck, and Cheapy last year. Good times with the sausage wrapped in bacon at Sony's presser.[/quote]

Ah, jealous you are going to Ubisofts. I don't got any connections with them... blasphemy. I'm for sure going to Sony's and I got my E3 Badge in the mail so I'm all set! Hope to see some of you there.

I will be going and this will be my first E3 as well. Pretty excited... Hope to see some gold there, and if I'm lucky maybe try out Modern Warfare 2. I am e-mailing requesting a personal hands on but I'm sure that'll be a little more challenging to obtain than the pressers I got so far. ^^;;

I'll be there for sure. Tons of meetings and mostly working though; it will still be fun. Hopefully the booth-babes will be back in full force!

I have a lot of meetings set up too. I'm glad I am staying Monday - Friday. Anyone have any good ideas of other things to do in LA after the conference is over for the day?

Aside from the free parties? Every year I swear I'm going to go to Roscoe's House of Chicken and Waffles and I never go, but this year will be the year...maybe. Do you not have work to catch up on afterwards? I usually do dinner and pass out because it's a real drain running around trying to make it to every meeting and get to the other booths where I didn't have a meeting.

[quote name='Redeema']Aside from the free parties? Every year I swear I'm going to go to Roscoe's House of Chicken and Waffles and I never go, but this year will be the year...maybe. Do you not have work to catch up on afterwards? I usually do dinner and pass out because it's a real drain running around trying to make it to every meeting and get to the other booths where I didn't have a meeting.[/QUOTE]

I would love to cruise (quickly) by Crenshaw BLVD and maybe a quick trip though Compton (Paying homage to 90's hip hop). I am still waiting on invites to the parties etc. Are invites usually mailed out or are they given out during meetings etc? Here is who I have meetings set up with:
- Sony
- Microsoft
- EA
- THQ
- Ubisoft
- Double Fusion (vendor)
- Capcom
- Konami

I'm still waiting to hear back from Activision and a few others. I need to hit up an in-and-out burger too and would LOVE to see a taping of THE PRICE IS RIGHT but my schedule is too packed.

[quote name='bmcclary']I need to hit up an in-and-out burger too and would LOVE to see a taping of THE PRICE IS RIGHT but my schedule is too packed.[/QUOTE]

Don't go out of your way for in-and-out. It is WAY over rated. And you really have to commit (i.e. be there at 5 AM and stick around for 5 hours) if you want to guarantee a taping of THE PRICE IS RIGHT.

I'd be up for driving some people to Roscoe's.

What time and where is the Nintendo conference? I'm trying to figure out how to see it (and there is no need to go to the conference) but still be in time for the Sony conference. Is there a viewing area?

[quote name='DarkNessBear']What time and where is the Nintendo conference? I'm trying to figure out how to see it (and there is no need to go to the conference) but still be in time for the Sony conference. Is there a viewing area?[/QUOTE]

Date: June 2, 2009

Check In Time: 7:15 a.m on the NOKIA Plaza
Early check-in will be available on Monday, June 1 from 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. on the NOKIA Plaza

Media Briefing Begins: 9:00 a.m

Event Location: Club NOKIA

I'm booked for the four big press conferences, 8 publishers, but not really going to the after parties- there's work to be done!

Ah, thank you good sir. Much apperciated.

I wonder if there is a room where you can watch it on a TV screen if you are not on the list. I want to see it, but I'm not staying that close by where I can get from the house I am staying (watching it on G4) to the Sony conference in time.

The Sony conference starts at 11, when does Nintendos end?

Anyone heading to the tweetup that E3 is holding on Tuesday June 2? I will be there. I heard Major Nelson is going to put on something too.

[quote name='lokizz']your mom lol jk. im surprised people still go to these things. sounds like over the years theyve stripped off alot of the bells and whistles that made e3 E3. now theyre selling tickets to go to it right? i used to want to go so bad back when i was a kid but with with internet you can pretty much see it all and never have to wait in line. the only thing left that makes them worth going in the slightest is that you can try and chat up a booth babe thats if they still have them.[/QUOTE]

I agree. E3 used to be a pretty exclusive media heaven. But now there are cutbacks, and less parties.

There is a place next to where the Nintendo press conference is being held where they will have it on closed circuit, but I'm not sure if you can get in without a pass.

[quote name='technole']I agree. E3 used to be a pretty exclusive media heaven. But now there are cutbacks, and less parties.[/QUOTE]

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/evg/1177636262.html
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/evg/1157586113.html
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/evg/1177253184.html
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/evg/1177130013.html

A couple of 4' tall people running amok around a tall male model and a bunch of female models drinking NOS. Sounds like a pretty good party to me.

bread's done
Back