Who's gonna wait for Wii?

Im turned off by the 250 price tag. All the 200 talk got me worked up heh heh.
Also first party games besides zelda are crap ill wait until its easy to find 5 or 6 months after launch.

[quote name='Quillion']I kinda want to wait for a black one...[/QUOTE]

I'm almost with you, but since it'll end up next to my 360, it's not like it's going to stand out like a whore in church if I buy a white one.

For some reason, the publicity this week made me rethink wanting one on launch day. I don't mind the price, but the price did startle me enough to rethink it. That is, it's potentially something so vastly different from the consoles I've played for 20 years that I want to wait on some feedback on it first.

The VC pricing went really damn far in turning me off from a launch purchase, you bet your ass on that. I don't mind $10 for N64 titles (some of them, anyway), but I will buy (and only buy) Dragon Warrior IV for $5; no other NES game is worth that price (and I dunno if squeenix is on board yet anyway). They could have gone lower (would they price N64 games at $7 if they knew the attach rate would be higher, and thus their number of purchases and overall profit alongside it?), but they didn't.

Besides, I got a PSP anyway. ;)

[quote name='mykevermin']I'm almost with you, but since it'll end up next to my 360, it's not like it's going to stand out like a whore in church if I buy a white one.

For some reason, the publicity this week made me rethink wanting one on launch day. I don't mind the price, but the price did startle me enough to rethink it. That is, it's potentially something so vastly different from the consoles I've played for 20 years that I want to wait on some feedback on it first.

The VC pricing went really damn far in turning me off from a launch purchase, you bet your ass on that. I don't mind $10 for N64 titles (some of them, anyway), but I will buy (and only buy) Dragon Warrior IV for $5; no other NES game is worth that price (and I dunno if squeenix is on board yet anyway). They could have gone lower (would they price N64 games at $7 if they knew the attach rate would be higher, and thus their number of purchases and overall profit alongside it?), but they didn't.

Besides, I got a PSP anyway. ;)[/quote]

Love the sig myke!

The VC pricing turned me off a bit too.

However, I fully expect to see this at $199 or less not long into the new year, as soon as sales slow even a bit. That's one of the things making me hesitate. That, and I know they're only releasing white to get people who want a different color to re-buy later.

I'm trying to justify the value proposition of having one early.

[quote name='mykevermin']
For some reason, the publicity this week made me rethink wanting one on launch day. I don't mind the price, but the price did startle me enough to rethink it. That is, it's potentially something so vastly different from the consoles I've played for 20 years that I want to wait on some feedback on it first. [/quote]

I am feeling the same way. I didn't think I'd get a DS, but a year later I had to have one.

[quote name='Sanosuke Sagara']Personally, i sense a price drop/bundle soon after release (ds anyone?), so i'ma gonna wait.[/QUOTE]

If you are going to give a price drop example, give a relevant on: GC was launched around the same time and dropped the following April. I remember cause I bought my GC like 32 days before the $50 drop. Then again, GC dropped by $50 to follow $100 drops by Sony and Microsoft at the same time. As much as MS is in a position to challenge Nintendo's price, I don't think they will. MS is really only concerned with beating Sony at the time being.

Also, what with the pack in game, I wouldn't hold you breath on getting more games when buying the console.

[quote name='Quillion']Love the sig myke!

The VC pricing turned me off a bit too.

However, I fully expect to see this at $199 or less not long into the new year, as soon as sales slow even a bit. That's one of the things making me hesitate. That, and I know they're only releasing white to get people who want a different color to re-buy later.

I'm trying to justify the value proposition of having one early.[/quote] Yeah, good thing Microsoft let us choose between blue, red, and yellow 360s. :D

I've never really understood the hate towards Nintendo releasing different colors of things, when none of the other consoles ever give you a choice.

If I can get it on launch, I'm doing so.

Launch day for me. I've been bugging so many CAGs with questions about the pre-launch waiting that I'm starting to feel more and more ready to try my hand at doing the big wait at a big box store to take care of it all that morning (games, console, etc). A few more weeks of asking "omg so when do u start waiting??!" and I figure I'll be as ready as I could ever imagine being. :)

[quote name='SilverPaw750']I'm not going to be able to afford one for a few months after launch, so I'll have to wait.[/quote]

That's the approach I'm having to take to the PS3. I'd love to be able to score a Wii and a PS3 at launch, but I can't. I'll be able to afford one come the first of January but who knows if more shipments will be available by that point...it's doubtful, but then again, I'm clueless.

me and two buddies have one completely paid off already at gamestop so we just need to pick it up on launch.

and since i bought my ticket to The Mars Volta show for this weekend, i am now BROKE!

i'll be hittin up the gas station for a "loosey" haha

F it in the A... I'm not buyin' till there's a price drop and some serious deals on extra controllers. It's not that I can't afford it, it's that my B.S. detector is buzzing over the launch prices. Don't get me wrong, I love Nintendo as much as anybody, but I also hate getting ripped off as much as anybody, too.

So, the good news, I guess, is that there'll be one more Wii available for you early adopters to wrestle over.

[quote name='SilverPaw750']I'm not going to be able to afford one for a few months after launch, so I'll have to wait.[/QUOTE]

Same boat as me. Don't get me wrong, I'll want one at launch and don't mind $250. I'm just too poor.

im going to wait and see how the system really is. nothing interests me at the moment. (i prefer zelda with the traditional controller, atm the wii version looks like a pain in the ass) but of course that's just from observations and not actually playing it. gonna wait!!!

[quote name='AshesofWake']im going to wait and see how the system really is. nothing interests me at the moment. (i prefer zelda with the traditional controller, atm the wii version looks like a pain in the ass) but of course that's just from observations and not actually playing it. gonna wait!!![/quote]

Same here. I hope (but seriously doubt) the Wii version supports the GCN controller, especially if they cancel the GCN version like everyone thinks they will. I just mainly want VC games until Smash Bros. Brawl comes out, anyway.

I'm going to wait bit on getting one. Because I can't afford 250+ extra for games, extra controllers, when it launches, so I will have to wait maybe until sometime next year. Hopefully , a black color will be out by then.

bread's done
Back