Who's ready for a wrestling game

thamaster24

CAGiversary!
I sure am, one of the few categories of games that Xbox hasn't done well in. RAW was okay but not great at all. If they could change up the gameplay a little bit, it could be a great 360 game. What do you guys think? No offense but the WWE shows have been sucking for a while.

I wouldn't mind a good one either. the last Xbox wrestling game, Wrestlemania, was pure crap (well I thought so).

Does the Wrestling Kingdom game that was released in Japan only work on Japanese Xbox 360s?

Well, TNA is working on a wrestling game with Midway. It will be released for the 360. It is rumored that there will be something on it at E3 this year.

I wish they would just put the Smackdown vs. Raw series on Microsoft's consoles. The Xbox got completely shafted in the last generation. PS2 had a slew of quality titles, Gamecube's were above average, and Xbox's were just pure crap.

It can't be THAT hard to make a decent wrestling game when you've already made several

[quote name='joshthegreat69']I wish they would just put the Smackdown vs. Raw series on Microsoft's consoles. The Xbox got completely shafted in the last generation. PS2 had a slew of quality titles, Gamecube's were above average, and Xbox's were just pure crap.

It can't be THAT hard to make a decent wrestling game when you've already made several[/QUOTE]

It's completely different when making it for another console.

[quote name='asianxcore']I wouldn't mind a good one either. the last Xbox wrestling game, Wrestlemania, was pure crap (well I thought so).

Does the Wrestling Kingdom game that was released in Japan only work on Japanese Xbox 360s?[/QUOTE]

It's Wrestle Kingdom and yes, it is region coded. I've seriously been considering dropping the $500 for a Japanese 360 and the game. At least rumble roses is coming this month. The first one was awesome, but could have used a true career or season mode. Hopefully the new one will have one.

[quote name='Superstar']It's completely different when making it for another console.[/QUOTE]

No. No it's not. Mutli-console games come out weekly. THQ decided to make a different line for each console. They by no means had too. Especially not porting a game from a weaker console to a more powerful one. You really wouldn't have to do much at all. I think they secertly hate Microsoft or something. They just refuse to make a playable wrestling game on the xbox. And Day of Reckoning 1 and 2 were good, the earlier Gamecube WWE games were most certainly not.

[quote name='doubledown']Rumble Roses XX is on the way soon....I guess it's more DOAish though....who knows.[/QUOTE]

The career mode is the make or break for this title for me. I really enjoyed the gameplay of the first title but the career mode or story mode was aweful in the original. If it has something similar to Smackdown or Day of Reckoning I'll pick it up. If not I'll still pick it up but wait for a price drop as with the last game.

[quote name='mietha']No. No it's not. Mutli-console games come out weekly. THQ decided to make a different line for each console. They by no means had too. Especially not porting a game from a weaker console to a more powerful one. You really wouldn't have to do much at all. I think they secertly hate Microsoft or something. They just refuse to make a playable wrestling game on the xbox. And Day of Reckoning 1 and 2 were good, the earlier Gamecube WWE games were most certainly not.[/QUOTE]

It is completely different. It's different making a game for the ps2, than it is for the xbox. It's different making a game for the gamecube, than the xbox 360. Companies often have different teams to work on different consoles. I don't know about you, but I don't want a crappy port over from a game that supposed to be made for the ps2 over to the 360 or even the xbox. The game wasn't developed with the xbox or xbox 360 in mind, therefore theres a 95% chance it would suck ported over.

They had something going with wrestlemania 21. If they didn't release it with all those glitches, it would have been a decent wrestling game.

[quote name='mietha']It's Wrestle Kingdom and yes, it is region coded. I've seriously been considering dropping the $500 for a Japanese 360 and the game. At least rumble roses is coming this month. The first one was awesome, but could have used a true career or season mode. Hopefully the new one will have one.[/QUOTE]
That game won't even that good anways. For $500, you could buy a Japanese PS2 and import King of Colosseum 2 and Fire Pro R, and still have money left over.

Smackdown vs. Raw isn't that great either, it's just a case of the grass being greener on that side because the XBox games absolutely sucked ass.

I'm not getting my hopes up. Spike (of Fire Pro fame) was supposedly developing a wrestling game for the DS, that's about as excited as I'm willing to get for ANY wrestling game these days.

I haven't had a wrestling game in 6 years. I can't even remember which one that was. PSone, Raw? Does that sound right?

Any chance a Yukes developed title will make it here?

I wish Aki would drop a wrestling bomb in the states. Hell, I'll take Wrestle Kingdom.

I honestly haven't played a playable wrestling game since the days of Nintendo 64 and when Aki and THQ worked together...

WWE Smackdown! vs. RAW 2006 is a fantastic game, but it still doesn't compare to any of the N64 titles. Post-N64 wrestling games are based too much on punching, kicking, and countering to be really good wrestling games.

My dream is that somehow, some way they put WWF No Mercy on Xbox Live Arcade with updated rosters and online multiplayer :drool::drool::drool:

I'm excited from the graphical standpoint. Hopefully RAW/Wrestlemania, whatever the title will be, will take alot of elements from the Smackdown series on PS2. Also you can't forget the glorius BRA & PANTIES MATCH! and how beautiful this will look in HD.:)

I think EA games should make a wrestling game that would be a great wrestling game

no wrestling game will ever compare to wrestlemania 2000, or no mercy. Those games were actualy fun, compared to the shit thats marketed now. I remember spending hrs on end just making guys in no mercy.

It'd be sweet if they had an online tournament/season. We could have everyone here playing and vying for a create-a-belt which the winner takes and everyone else tries for the other belts and for the contender spot.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']It'd be sweet if they had an online tournament/season. We could have everyone here playing and vying for a create-a-belt which the winner takes and everyone else tries for the other belts and for the contender spot.[/quote]

I'd pay full price for it. Just think, everyone in the league could "tune in" and watch the matches before they have their match. That would be so awesome. Haven't watched wrestling in a while, but the games are still pretty fun for me.

Having mic chat in game will be fun. I can see it now. People commentating their own matches, and cursing for losing. haha

Oh snap!

I wonder what kind of additions the 360 will get? I can see it now. We can get a fully customizeable CAG league going and set up our own cards! Sweet! *keeps dreaming*

[quote name='starmask2k3']I think EA games should make a wrestling game that would be a great wrestling game[/QUOTE]

WORST IDEA EVER! ALREADY HAS HAPPENED

[quote name='BasketCase1080']no wrestling game will ever compare to wrestlemania 2000, or no mercy. Those games were actualy fun, compared to the shit thats marketed now. I remember spending hrs on end just making guys in no mercy.[/QUOTE]

You know I used to agree with that and despised the Smackdown series, but I picked up 2006 on my PSP and I was pretty impressed. The series still needs a few more moves, but its getting closer to No Mercy quality. I'd rather have the No Mercy engine with years of refinement, but comparing No Mercy to the current Smackdown games there are a lot of things Smackdown does just as good or better. Situational moves, match types, the pace, and all kinds of things are actually pretty good in Smackdown now.

Having a league with created wrestlers would be great. I could break out some of the old logos from my wrestling site. :)

yea when this game comes out.. its gonna be big news...finally a good wrestling game...

ill be putting into many hours for sure on live... and now i dont need to get ps3 right away

So we can "fight into the crowd this time." Huh.

Remember when the XBox debuted and they said you'd be able to do the same thing in WWF Raw? Let's hope it doesn't take another generation for them to do it.

I guess this is good news, although I don't really like the Smackdown games. I was hoping someone with a brain would publish a new game from scratch.

Nothing will ever touch WM2000 and No Mercy? Fire Pro "touches" it just fine. If you've spent hours creating a guy in that, try spending weeks/months on a CAW in Fire Pro, tweaking his moves and logic until you get it just how you want.

And Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 more than touches it, it surpasses it. Think No Mercy with deeper gameplay. Still, I wouldn't sneeze at the THQ N64 games by any stretch of the imagination. I'd kill a man for a game that good on these current systems.

*EDIT* HOLD THE PHONE!

Although the IGN video shows that they still have the "ring announcer recorded in a closet" audio, they DO show the guy's opponent standing outside the ring as he makes his entrance! FINALLY, we are THROUGH with the days of the disappearing opponent during entrances. IT TRULY MUST BE....THE FUTURE!

[quote name='KaneRobot']So we can "fight into the crowd this time." Huh.

Remember when the XBox debuted and they said you'd be able to do the same thing in WWF Raw? Let's hope it doesn't take another generation for them to do it.

I guess this is good news, although I don't really like the Smackdown games. I was hoping someone with a brain would publish a new game from scratch.

Nothing will ever touch WM2000 and No Mercy? Fire Pro "touches" it just fine. If you've spent hours creating a guy in that, try spending weeks/months on a CAW in Fire Pro, tweaking his moves and logic until you get it just how you want.

And Virtual Pro Wrestling 2 more than touches it, it surpasses it. Think No Mercy with deeper gameplay. Still, I wouldn't sneeze at the THQ N64 games by any stretch of the imagination. I'd kill a man for a game that good on these current systems.

*EDIT* HOLD THE PHONE!

Although the IGN video shows that they still have the "ring announcer recorded in a closet" audio, they DO show the guy's opponent standing outside the ring as he makes his entrance! FINALLY, we are THROUGH with the days of the disappearing opponent during entrances. IT TRULY MUST BE....THE FUTURE![/QUOTE]

lol.. you could see the guy outside the ring on svr 2006.

bread's done
Back