Who's working on the 4th of July?

vietgurl

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (100%)
Heading off to work at EB in about 5 minutes, wheeee!

I've never had the 4th off since I turned 16 and started working, hehe.

[quote name='vietgurl']Heading off to work at EB in about 5 minutes, wheeee!

I've never had the 4th off since I turned 16 and started working, hehe.[/QUOTE]

I said last week that if the weather was nice I was going to close the restaurant.

And it's nice, so here we are.

[quote name='vietgurl']Heading off to work at EB in about 5 minutes, wheeee!

I've never had the 4th off since I turned 16 and started working, hehe.[/QUOTE]

Are stores open regular hours today?

Of course Wal-Mart is.

[quote name='crickett003']Are stores open regular hours today?

Of course Wal-Mart is.[/QUOTE]

(YES, i'm late for work!)

Not all EB stores are open regular hours today; my store is closing one hour early (yay?) The DM sent out an email asking managers what time they want to be open today and my boss was mean, hehe.

i spent the whole morning doing housework, if that counts. and now it's storming like crazy.

My hours suck! I have to work at the theater from 5pm till 1am. I've had the night shift everyday this week so no fireworks this year. :(

I've got 4-10:30 today at Jewel, gahh! Dealing with retarded customers, whata way to spend a so called independance day as your forced to bag their crap and grab stuff they forgot to get.

I just got done. I had to run commercial breaks during a Detroit Tigers game. ( I work at a radio station. )

Thankfully, nobody else was there. All of the "talent" and the higher-ups got the day off, which was a blessing. I don't like it when people pop their head in the ESPN studio to ask me who's winning. Simply put, I don't know who's winning ever -- I watch T.V. and/or play DS the entire time.

i work everyday (besides sundays) . delivery newspaper. cant really complain though. I only work around 2 hours per day (6 days a week = 12 hours per week.. I turn in around 1050-1100 bucks per month

that breaks down to about 22 bucks per hour. i would quit but show me another job that i could get making 22 per hour. There is almost nothing out there unless you got major schooling and found a nice job... I knew someone years ago that would work 1 morning delivery and 2 afternoon routes and would pull down 50,000 to 60,000 a year working just 6 hours a day

what does suck in a way that you have no health care or insurance. So i have to buy that and my dental out of pocket (around 100-120 per month) and car insurance (around another 100 per month)

I just got back from work. Luckily they sent me home early due to the fact that our establishment is never crowded on holidays.

[quote name='slidecage']i work everyday (besides sundays) . delivery newspaper. cant really complain though. I only work around 2 hours per day (6 days a week = 12 hours per week.. I turn in around 1050-1100 bucks per month

that breaks down to about 22 bucks per hour. i would quit but show me another job that i could get making 22 per hour. There is almost nothing out there unless you got major schooling and found a nice job... I knew someone years ago that would work 1 morning delivery and 2 afternoon routes and would pull down 50,000 to 60,000 a year working just 6 hours a day

what does suck in a way that you have no health care or insurance. So i have to buy that and my dental out of pocket (around 100-120 per month) and car insurance (around another 100 per month)[/QUOTE]

nesboxespaperboy.jpg

[quote name='JimmieMac']I said last week that if the weather was nice I was going to close the restaurant.

And it's nice, so here we are.[/QUOTE]

Do you own the restaurant?

I had to work this morning and this afternoon. Now I'm home, tired as hell. Was going to go see fireworks with my g/f, 'til we got into a fight over hotdog & hamburger rolls. :roll: Now I'm here with my other g/f (aka CAG) and on codeine because of my wisdom teeth (that I'm procrastinating on getting removed).

[quote name='slidecage']i work everyday (besides sundays) . delivery newspaper. cant really complain though. I only work around 2 hours per day (6 days a week = 12 hours per week.. I turn in around 1050-1100 bucks per month

what does suck in a way that you have no health care or insurance. So i have to buy that and my dental out of pocket (around 100-120 per month) and car insurance (around another 100 per month)[/QUOTE]

holy shit, are those jobs hard to get? I would much rather deliver papers than pizza (insert Yo Noid pic here) while i'm in school.

[quote name='Apossum']holy shit, are those jobs hard to get? I would much rather deliver papers than pizza (insert Yo Noid pic here) while i'm in school.[/QUOTE]

what is werid is i wanted a paper job when i was in high school but could never get nothing. As soon as i got out of high school tons of routes opened. Its getting harder and harder to find Paper routes ( at least motor routes -where you drive from box to box like the mailman) It used to be a very sweet job when gas was a buck a gallon. YOu are paid a set amount and you never will get a raise (unless you get new people to take the paper)

best bet is to call your local paper and ask for an app. keep turning them in until you talk to a DM (cause ususally they just toss them in the trash every week)

i think here locally there is like a 6 month wait list for a route to open and you be lucky to get that cause the people who work there Grab anything that opens up.

few bad thing about the job
1. no time off. you can get a sub if you can find someone to do your job BUT if you find a sub and that person dont show up and do the job YOUR FIRED Not the sub.

2. If you get hurt you either got to work or find a sub... sometimes they will find a sub for you BUT you dont get paid (meaning that everyday your off the job you are making NO MONEY)

3. your only paid once per month , meaning if you dont know how to save money and you blow the entire 1100 bucks the first week you wont have a penny for the other 3 weeks

i used to work up in south bend paper and broke my hand back in 1995 and was off 2 months and didnt get anything for those 2 months. Now i put a little away each month just in case something happens.

thanks for the info, I'm gonna check that out.

YOu are paid a set amount and you never will get a raise (unless you get new people to take the paper)

ahhhhh...just like the game ;-)

I worked all morning but get the night off (I usually only work nights). I have worked every 4th since I started working.

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']Do you own the restaurant?

I had to work this morning and this afternoon. Now I'm home, tired as hell. Was going to go see fireworks with my g/f, 'til we got into a fight over hotdog & hamburger rolls. :roll: Now I'm here with my other g/f (aka CAG) and on codeine because of my wisdom teeth (that I'm procrastinating on getting removed).[/QUOTE]

got my wisdom teeth removed in March and it felt great after. Do it!

I had to work at Compusa today and it's crapy weather outside so every hick and there mother showed up to buy a $549 laptop to play Doom 3 on, LOL.

[quote name='Michaellvortega']got my wisdom teeth removed in March and it felt great after. Do it!

I had to work at Compusa today and it's crapy weather outside so every hick and there mother showed up to buy a $549 laptop to play Doom 3 on, LOL.[/QUOTE]

the pic in your avatar....you still had them in during that pic, didn't you?

^ that's a funny looking avy. Anyways, got done working 4 hours at jack in the box. 2 hours late today, didn't read my schedule right. I hate working in the afternoon. Then again, I hate working in the morning and evenings too. I hate working period

You know whats worse than you guys working today.......Me working tommorrow.

(Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ah ha)

I had my normal 7 hour shift today, but business was fucking great today, oddly enough. We also got drunk on the job since it was the 4th, and bought some pot on the job.

yeah, I worked today.

thankfully, not the whole day... just 11am-6pm.

our EB did close early (6pm)... but for some reason, we opened at 9am today... and it was totally unadvertised, so our first sale wasn't until about 11 when I got there.

weeee.

~stew

ps. no holiday pay here... apparently the birth of our country doesn't qualify... the birth of christ does though (we got that separation of church and state thing DOWN)

Can you get that job if your under 18, as long as you have a license?

I worked today, but we weren't very busy. We did have a bus load of Korean people in. Last week we had a bus load of Amish people and a bus load of people from some country in Africa, which was cool.

[quote name='Rich']I had my normal 7 hour shift today, but business was fucking great today, oddly enough. We also got drunk on the job since it was the 4th, and bought some pot on the job.[/QUOTE]

I presume that you work at the Happy Valley Daycare??

I don't work on the fourth, BUT since my Monday shift normally runs to 12:45 AM, I get to go to work for 45 minutes. Yes.

Retarded, I know.

[quote name='varsitygamer']yeah, I worked today.

thankfully, not the whole day... just 11am-6pm.

our EB did close early (6pm)... but for some reason, we opened at 9am today... and it was totally unadvertised, so our first sale wasn't until about 11 when I got there.

weeee.

~stew

ps. no holiday pay here... apparently the birth of our country doesn't qualify... the birth of christ does though (we got that separation of church and state thing DOWN)[/QUOTE]

too bad holiday pay doesn't apply at all to part-time associates like me so not even the birth of christ qualifies me for holiday pay. (check the handbook if you don't believe me, hehe)

What working today doesn't suck working tomorrow with a hangover sucks. I am not drinking and I have no job. So tomorrow looks good for me. :)

i used to work at blockbuster for 2 years, andthey are never close. they stay open every day of the year, and now i work at quiznos, and i had to work for the 4th of july

[quote name='crickett003']I presume that you work at the Happy Valley Daycare??[/QUOTE]

Yes. then we killed the children.

bread's done
Back