Who's your cell phone service provider??? (Poll)

I have Verizon because it's the only company I can get reception with in my hometown. Most of my friends also have Verizon, so free In-Calling is a nice bonus!

I also have Verizon because it gets the best reception and most of my friends and my girlfriend have it. So free in calling helps.

I have Sprint.. and will be leaving them in 2 weeks. I was able to talk them out of my contract. Their customer service is extremely shitty.. I actually signed up for their equipment protection program (something like $3 a month), and they automatically disenrolled me after 3 months. So when I walked in with a phone that was fucking up (I bought the Sanyo 8200, which was a higher end phone at the time), they didn't give a rat's ass. I also met the maximum credit limit for dropped calls (they credit your minute allowance per dropped call, up to 20 a month). On average, my signal would drop twice per conversation.

Stay away from them at all costs.. that's my advice. They overcharge for their services in comparison to their competitors. I had TMobile before.. and although I had a few issues with them, I could get through to someone in customer care if a problem arose.

I'm considering giving Verizon a shot this time around. Living in Alabama means alot of dead zones, but I'm hoping that they have service here that other carriers do not. Plus, they have a better selection of phones in comparison to Cingular (IMO of course).

I have Sprint, along with all of my other friends. Its a good thing we have Sprint-to-Sprint, or our phone bills would be insane.

Verizon. I don't pay for the bill, so I can't advise you on the cost to feature benefit. My phone was free when bought along with my father's, though. With regard to service, they seem to have better reception than anyone else; I can get reception in the building where I work when my boss can't (He has Cingular). As for phones, make SURE you get one that will at least plug into your computer. Going through their website to access your PIXPlace will ruin your day.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']Damn, im the only Allteler so far?[/quote]

At least Alltel is getting some love; Nextel has no one yet!

[quote name='Tiphireth']What, no Boost mobile on the list? Considering the number of wiggers on CAG, I'm amazed. :O[/quote]

:shame:

i have tmobile, i like them a lot more than cingular (my previous one). in fact i just got a new contract/phone with them because i enjoyed the service. more minutes for less money and i have no reception problems at home/work/driving, etc.

I have T-Mobile but I can't get any reception in my area for some reason, but everywhere else is fine. I'm switching over to Sprint once my contract is up though, I can actually get some reception with Sprint.

Verizon, but not cuz I think it's better or anything, it's simply because I can get a 20% discount through my work for their plans and I'm of course a cheapass.

Cricket, $46 a month for unlimited text & local calls. It's expensive for the phones, but it beats signing a 2 year contract w/ T-Mobile or someone.

Sprint. Previously with Verizon and Cingular (back when it was AT&T Wireless). The service can be spotty sometimes (I can't get a signal in my next door neighbor's house whereas I have five bars in my own) but other than that, no complaints.

T-mobile. I'm always losing service now. I used to get service anywhere, but T-mobile got shitty.

Cingular, but I started with AT&T. Cingular seems to have worse service than AT&T because service will just drop off. I never had that problem with AT&T

Verizon. My mom works for them so I get a discount from that. I don't have any problems with them. Been with them since the phone that came in a suitcase that you kept in your car.

Verizon, because I've been with them for 3 years and my new LG 8300 rocks :)

Every provider has its up's and down's...seems my area is best for Verizon...thank god I didn't switch to Sprint like I almost did (that live tv option looked amazing)

yeah, sprint bought nextel about 2 years ago. I have a sprint and really have no issues with the service, just some of the phones they offer are kinda crappy. If you are going to buy sprint, be sure to get a Sanyo phone.

I have Nextel and am getting rid of them ASAP. Terrible reception and service. I'm probably going to go to Verizon, which my mom has; she has very little problems with her phone.

Verizon, don't pay the bill so I really don't have a choice, but I wouldn't use a different company anyways.

[quote name='akilshohen']Cingular, but I started with AT&T. Cingular seems to have worse service than AT&T because service will just drop off. I never had that problem with AT&T[/QUOTE] Same here.

Verizon give me good service but it's so damn expensive, gotta find me a cheaper provider since I no longer have a land line. What's the use?

I used AT&T but had to go to Cingular after the buyout. I actually like Cingular better because there's no specific area you can and can't call from. I remember being in my hometown which was supposed to be in the AT&T area, but my call went to a tower out of the area so I got charged extra. Total bullshit. Jenn and I share a plan that's very reasonable and we have literally thousands of rollover minutes so everything is good.

[quote name='Skylander7']I have Sprint.. and will be leaving them in 2 weeks. I was able to talk them out of my contract. Their customer service is extremely shitty.. I actually signed up for their equipment protection program (something like $3 a month), and they automatically disenrolled me after 3 months. So when I walked in with a phone that was fucking up (I bought the Sanyo 8200, which was a higher end phone at the time), they didn't give a rat's ass. I also met the maximum credit limit for dropped calls (they credit your minute allowance per dropped call, up to 20 a month). On average, my signal would drop twice per conversation.
[/quote]

You know, Sprint did the EXACT same thing with me and my 8100 phone! I have two phones on my contract, both with the $6 totla replacement thing, and the 8100 was the older of the two (I got it when it first came out and was hard to get) and the enrollment just disappeared on the 8100, but the wife's Nokia was still protected.

When my contract is up, I'll be switching. I've been with them about 6 years and have had nothing but headaches, but I'm a fool for not doing it sooner...

bread's done
Back