Whose Line is it Anyway returning to television Spring 2011?

Friend of Sonic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
183 (100%)
An unnamed improv show is set to air Spring 2011 on the Game Show Network. From Ryan Stiles' website:
A little over two weeks ago, I made an announcement that the new Whose Line-esque improv pilot that had been filmed in Las Vegas last February had been picked up by The Game Show Network, and was set to begin airing episodes in spring of next year. If you missed this post or want to re-read it, simply scroll down a bit.

I am writing you all now with a bit of an update! I have found out the official cast list for the show. Yes, I sent some emails, made some phone calls, and was able to get my hands on it. (I found it out about a week ago, and announced it elsewhere, but procrastinated announcing it on my own sites. If you have already heard about the cast list from elsewhere, just know that they got it from me.) It includes a vast majority of the U.S. Whose Line old guard, a few folks from Drew Carey Show / Green Screen Show, and a couple of new faces as well:

Ryan Stiles
Greg Proops
Drew Carey
Chip Esten
Jeff B. Davis
Kathy Kinney
Heather Anne Campbell (was in pilot)
Allison Bosma (brand new)
Jonathan Magnum
Colin Mochrie
Brad Sherwood

The show will also occasionally include surprise guest stars.

However, how the cast will work is still unknown. Greg Proops is telling me that the details are still yet to be hashed out completely; no one knows who all is filming on what days (or if it's going to be the entire cast). Colin and Brad tour with their two man show, and a few of their tour show dates conflict with the filming schedule (specifically January 15th, 20th, and 22nd). So either they will not be filming those days, or they will have to reschedule those tour dates. We shall have to see!

The new show is also going to be filmed in Las Vegas, at the MGM Grand. It will be shot over the course of three weekends - January 13th - 16th 2011 (4 nights, 7 tapings), January 20th - 22nd 2011 (3 nights, 6 tapings), and February 3rd - 6th 2011 (4 nights, 4 tapings).

The show still currently remains nameless, too - though I am speculating that there's a good chance it's just going to be called 'Drew Carey And The Improv Allstars'. But I could easily be wrong in that department.

Hope everyone is getting excited for the new series!
http://www.ryan-stiles.org/ryannews/
I loved Whose Line is it Anyway! They have a lot of the major players from that show, so if they don't mess with the formula, it doesn't matter if it's called Whose Line or not. It should still rock. Fingers crossed.

I'm extremely excited. Colin Mochrie and Ryan Stiles always cracked me up. I was watching an episode of Whose Line earlier tonight.

I very much hope its more like Whose line than the green screen. I did not care for green screen at all.

[quote name='ImLuhkee']I very much hope its more like Whose line than the green screen. I did not care for green screen at all.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it was sort of a show I accepted because Whose Line went off the air and I missed it. Otherwise, totally forgettable show (with an interesting gimmick, I guess)

Scorch, the first thing I checked on that list of names was to see if Colin Mochrie was on it. So happy he's on board.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Scorch, the first thing I checked on that list of names was to see if Colin Mochrie was on it. So happy he's on board.[/QUOTE]

Same! I was upset when his name wasn't in the first few names on the list but was relieved to see it near the bottom.

Simmons was just a guest star occasionally, so hard to say. Guess it's possible though.

Myself, I'm excited to hear this, but a tad disappointed Wayne Brady isn't coming back. I always enjoyed his singing bits.

If Ryan Stiles is up on a stage again with Colin Mochrie pretending to be a woman, I'll be all over it.

Hell, I'll watch it even if he's just pretending to be a girl.

i remember watching the original british when i was young. came and went with the american version mainly because of wayne brady, something about when annoys the shit out of me even though at times he can be funny as hell on it, ill def check it out just not expecting much yet hopefully it can come back better than it left

Glad it's coming back as this was my dad's favorite show so it holds some sentimental value for me. I remember that any bit in the show with just Mochrie and Stiles is sure laughter. Any bit with Carey doing anything but hosting sucks, unless it's also with Mochrie and Stiles. Wayne Brady was funny as well, so I hope he comes back as a guest star at least.

[quote name='madbst']Glad it's coming back as this was my dad's favorite show so it holds some sentimental value for me. I remember that any bit in the show with just Mochrie and Stiles is sure laughter. Any bit with Carey doing anything but hosting sucks, unless it's also with Mochrie and Stiles. Wayne Brady was funny as well, so I hope he comes back as a guest star at least.[/QUOTE]

Definately true!!!

Get your Portable ID!

I'll cosign on the Drew Carey hate. I like Drew Carey I even think he's funny but the endof the show where he'd jump in usually sucked.

Looking forward to this, but it doesn't sound like they're bringing back Whose Line Is It Anyway. It sounds like it'll be another show with this same cast, as they've done a few times before.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Looking forward to this, but it doesn't sound like they're bringing back Whose Line Is It Anyway. It sounds like it'll be another show with this same cast, as they've done a few times before.[/QUOTE]
I doubt this too, but you never know if that's what the show will be called. Actually I am curious what name they'll settle on.

Bump cause it's on the air the last couple weeks now on GSN. Drew Carey's Improv-a-ganza. I loved Whose Line, but I'm not feeling this at all. It's heavily edited, Drew Carey himself isn't that funny, yet has a more prominent performer role, there's far too many commercials, one after every single skit now, and it just doesn't seem very funny to me anymore. This show seriously needs to be an hour, cause it seems like it flies by without seeing much. Luckily, ABC Family still shows an hour of the better shows every night.

[quote name='mrosnwo']Bump cause it's on the air the last couple weeks now on GSN. Drew Carey's Improv-a-ganza. I loved Whose Line, but I'm not feeling this at all. It's heavily edited, Drew Carey himself isn't that funny, yet has a more prominent performer role, there's far too many commercials, one after every single skit now, and it just doesn't seem very funny to me anymore. This show seriously needs to be an hour, cause it seems like it flies by without seeing much. Luckily, ABC Family still shows an hour of the better shows every night.[/QUOTE]
That's disappointing-- I haven't been able to catch an episode unfortunately.

http://tv.gsn.com/shows/improv/video/

They have a bunch of the episodes available to stream. I've enjoyed what I've seen, as it's like Whose Line with no real structure and a lot more audience interaction.

I love that they use the Mousetraps skit from the Colin/Brad Sherwood improv tour where they put 100 mousetraps on the stage, blindfold two people, and have them do a skit as they walk across the stage.

bread's done
Back