Why am I so bad at Double Dragon Advance?

hootie

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
I really suck at this game, I can't even get halfway past the first level! :lol: :cry:

I want to enjoy this game, but if I can't beat the first level, how can I?

Can anyone give me some tips to help own some baddies?

Well, the game is paced so you pretty much will be using all of your continues by the endgame, so don't think this game ain't hard...

But, still, there's a rhythm to it that makes it not that hard. Jump kick or similar single-hit knockdown the enemies to your left. Melee combo the enemies to your right to knock them down. The enemies to your left will be up again, so combo them down. Repeat on the right, repeat on the left, repeat until they are dead.

Don't forget that A+B... I think... will do the crouch, then again will make you do the uppercut move. That's a potent one.

Wow... I always thought this game was kind of easy, I can get to the end of the game with continues and credits to spare.

I always found this move to be helpful, especially on bosses -

A+B to crouch, hit A (I think) to do an uppercut, then quickly hit A+B to crouch again, and time it right so as the enemy is coming down from the uppercut you can hit B to do a knee strike that will send the enemy flying across the screen.

This combo is super strong AND it makes really easy to put enemies in the water / bottomless holes / spikes.

Weapons are also your best friend too... especially the whips / nunchuks.

I'll definitely have to try that out, Roufuss! It sounds like it could do some decent damage, and possibly get me past the damn first level!

Well, my calculations do account for losing about 6-7 lives in the stupid water.

I didn't know you chose uppercut/knee-strike with A or B while crouched. That would've helped a lot.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Well, my calculations do account for losing about 6-7 lives in the stupid water.

I didn't know you chose uppercut/knee-strike with A or B while crouched. That would've helped a lot.[/QUOTE]

Yea, those are like "power moves" and do pretty good at dealing damage.

Also, the baseball bat is a pretty worthless weapon, it swings too slow and most enemies just duck under it. The whip has excellent range and is pretty strong to boot.

The game has lots of cool moves like that though... you can counter enemies attacks, throw an elbow behind you, do a spin kick (jump and A+B), stomp on an enemy on the ground (A+B near a downed enemy), throwing punches at a downed enemy, do some grab moves.

If you push down and B you got a low kick instead of the regular kick, and if you press down + b AGAIN while the enemy is stunned you got a cool 3 or 4 kick combo!

I've played this game WAY too much... it is one of my favorite games on the GBA, this and River City Ransom EX (which you should DEFINITELY try if you like this).

Also remember that one kick, whether it's a regular or a low kick, stuns the enemy, and it's a lot quicker than going through a three punch combo.

[quote name='suko_32']Like others have said, weapons are your friend...well the good ones.[/QUOTE]

Whip, nunchuks, tonfa sticks, dynamite (I like to wait until they are right on top of the dynamite, kick them so they are stunned, and the dynamite gets them!) are all great.

The bat and the axe are horrible. I'm not a fan of the rocks / drums either.

The knife is ok, good for a one time use weapon, I usually have another weapon when I see it so I don't use it much.

The uppercut / knee trick comes in very handy at the end levels when you can just boot abobo's and burnov's to their death instead of fighting them.

That back elbow move is my fav. Thats how I can fight off 2 Abobos at the same time if they happen to get one on each side of me.

bread's done
Back