Why are there no bots in Halo 2?

ananag112

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
The lack of bots is the one thing I hated in Halo 2's multiplayer mode. I read the EGM article where they said they decided not to put bots in because bots are cheap, and you don't feel pleasure from killing them. This is somewhat true, but I rather have some what stupid bots rather then no bots at all. How do you feel about this? Should Bungie have added bots to the multiplayer modes in Halo 2?

[quote name='ananag112']The lack of bots is the one thing I hated in Halo 2's multiplayer mode. I read the EGM article where they said they decided not to put bots in because bots are cheap, and you don't feel pleasure from killing them. This is somewhat true, but I rather have some what stupid bots rather then no bots at all. How do you feel about this? Should Bungie have added bots to the multiplayer modes in Halo 2?[/quote]

bots in the offline multiplayer would have been nice....at least give us the shaq fuing option.

Honestly I think they could have added bots in a fighting game type training mode just so I could have some moving target practice. But the games director basically siad it came down to the ammount of time they had to perfect everything

[quote name='zewone']Because you touch yourself at night.[/quote]

What? This is something I would have expected at Gamefaqs.com, but not here.

Also get Live and you wouldn't be complaing about bots when you can have 24/7 human opponents to play against.

[quote name='ananag112'][quote name='zewone']Because you touch yourself at night.[/quote]

What? This is something I would have expected at Gamefaqs.com, but not here.[/quote]

It was a joke, have you not seen Family Guy? I answered your question seriously afterwards, calm down.

[quote name='zewone']Also get Live and you wouldn't be complaing about bots when you can have 24/7 human opponents to play against.[/quote]
The fact that you said 24/7 human opponents scares me

[quote name='yeahokthenfu'][quote name='zewone']Also get Live and you wouldn't be complaing about bots when you can have 24/7 human opponents to play against.[/quote]
The fact that you said 24/7 human opponents scares me[/quote]

Thanks, I try.

[quote name='zewone']Also get Live and you wouldn't be complaing about bots when you can have 24/7 human opponents to play against.[/quote]

I will be getting Live soon (I still have dialup :( ). Bots would be good though even for those with Live. I was playing with 2 of my cousins and I really wanted to play Capture the Flag, but all we could do is play slayer because we didn't have enough players. Over LAN though, I love multiplayer and could care less about Bots. Over the weekend, I played 8 player Halo 2 on 2 50+" Tvs over LAN. It was amazing.

[quote name='ananag112']Should Bungie have added bots to the multiplayer modes in Halo 2?[/quote]

Don't fret when Bungie releases Halo 2.5 the bots will be there. :wink:

[quote name='ananag112'][quote name='zewone']Also get Live and you wouldn't be complaing about bots when you can have 24/7 human opponents to play against.[/quote]

I will be getting Live soon (I still have dialup :( ). Bots would be good though even for those with Live. I was playing with 2 of my cousins and I really wanted to play Capture the Flag, but all we could do is play slayer because we didn't have enough players. Over LAN though, I love multiplayer and could care less about Bots. Over the weekend, I played 8 player Halo 2 on 2 50+" Tvs over LAN. It was amazing.[/quote]

Bots still wouldn't be good for people with Live since they can do pretty much any gametype they want and have guests on the same Xbox over Live. So you can still have a 16 player match game with your 2 cousins and a bunch of other online friends. If you liked LAN you'll love Live. It feels quite similar by giving you the "party" effect. Its like a LAN with 24/7 human opponents. ( That one was for you yeahokthenfu) :D

[quote name='gaelan'][quote name='ananag112']Should Bungie have added bots to the multiplayer modes in Halo 2?[/quote]

Don't fret when Bungie releases Halo 2.5 the bots will be there. :wink:[/quote]

I won't buy Halo 2.5 though. When I bought Halo 2, I expected it to be a full and complete game. I will not pay another $50 for an "expansion pack." I heard that it may be included with the HDD of Xbox 2 in which case I will be able to get that probably.

[quote name='zewone'][quote name='ananag112'][quote name='zewone']Also get Live and you wouldn't be complaing about bots when you can have 24/7 human opponents to play against.[/quote]

I will be getting Live soon (I still have dialup :( ). Bots would be good though even for those with Live. I was playing with 2 of my cousins and I really wanted to play Capture the Flag, but all we could do is play slayer because we didn't have enough players. Over LAN though, I love multiplayer and could care less about Bots. Over the weekend, I played 8 player Halo 2 on 2 50+" Tvs over LAN. It was amazing.[/quote]

Bots still wouldn't be good for people with Live since they can do pretty much any gametype they want and have guests on the same Xbox over Live. So you can still have a 16 player match game with your 2 cousins and a bunch of other online friends. Still no need for bots for someone with Live.[/quote]

Thanks for the info zewone. I did not know you can do that over Live.

Because they want you to subscribe to Live. Think about it. Halo 2 is the largest Live game, and probably will be till the XBox 2 appears with Halo 2.5 or whatever the next Halo is. They figure people will subscribe to Live for the online competiion, and believe me It's alot mor fun playing competition online then mindless bots. I also think it would have been nice to have offline bots, but that might have ment MS would lose some live customers so they didn't go with that.

[quote name='ananag112'][quote name='zewone']Because you touch yourself at night.[/quote]

What? This is something I would have expected at Gamefaqs.com, but not here.[/quote]I know that all has been forgiven between you two, but if you want to compare a post at CAG to a post at Gamefaqs, then go to Gamefaqs and have fun. The fact that you can't take one little joke is stupid. That's one reason why I think CAG is better than Gamefaqs.
People can have fun here and talk loosely and joke around.

Was the OP the one who was complaining about this two months ago when this came out. I'm just curious if its the same guy.

I agree with everyone who said you don't need them because of Live. I didn't have Live before getting this, but now I can't live without it. Its so much fun. Besides, bots in a CTF game would be a pain in the ass since you can't talk strategy and tell them where to go.

[quote name='greendj27']Was the OP the one who was complaining about this two months ago when this came out. I'm just curious if its the same guy.

I agree with everyone who said you don't need them because of Live. I didn't have Live before getting this, but now I can't live without it. Its so much fun. Besides, bots in a CTF game would be a pain in the ass since you can't talk strategy and tell them where to go.[/quote]

Complained about what? I created the Halo 2 is over rated thread. I haven't complained about the bots until now though.

[quote name='ananag112'][quote name='greendj27']Was the OP the one who was complaining about this two months ago when this came out. I'm just curious if its the same guy.

I agree with everyone who said you don't need them because of Live. I didn't have Live before getting this, but now I can't live without it. Its so much fun. Besides, bots in a CTF game would be a pain in the ass since you can't talk strategy and tell them where to go.[/quote]

Complained about what? I created the Halo 2 is over rated thread. I haven't complained about the bots until now though.[/quote]

I just remember someone complaining that there were no bots in the game when it first came out. I wasn't sure if it was you or not. I wasn't flaming you.

[quote name='greendj27'][quote name='ananag112'][quote name='greendj27']Was the OP the one who was complaining about this two months ago when this came out. I'm just curious if its the same guy.

Complained about what? I created the Halo 2 is over rated thread. I haven't complained about the bots until now though.[/quote]

I just remember someone complaining that there were no bots in the game when it first came out. I wasn't sure if it was you or not. I wasn't flaming you.[/quote]

NP

But what use is that leftover 3/7th of a player?

[quote name='epobirs'][quote name='zewone']Also get Live and you wouldn't be complaing about bots when you can have 24/7 human opponents to play against.[/quote]

But what use is that leftover 3/7th of a player?[/quote]

Not much. Just fun to have around I guess. :)

bread's done
Back