Why are there so many "Lil" rappers?

Javery

CAGiversary!
Feedback
20 (100%)
Are all the good names taken or is it some sort of special club with a maximum weight/height limit? I'm so confused... plus, most of them kind of suck.

Maybe because people don't like to think of themselves as fat. Also do you think Lil' Kim would sell as many albums if her name was Big Kim or Heavy Kim?

it's becuase "lil" satisfies the ebonics requirement all rappers must meet. "Kim" is boring. "Lil Kim" is banging. Unfortunately, not all of us are gifted at birth with ebonics-friendly names like "Raquisha", "Anesthesia" or "Blackie.

Just wait until Lil Herbert's CD drops.

[quote name='Xevious']There is Heavy D and the boyz. He's not little[/quote]

Don't forget Big Pun, Fat Joe and the Notorious B.I.G.!!!!

There was a secret government experiment in 1979 in which certain urban water supplies were laced with test chemical #34291 in order to see the effects on the people. This lead to decreased human growth hormone among certain ethnic groups, such as African-Americans, which in turn lead to the increased lil' named rap artists we see today.

[quote name='Lil Stinky']Because Lil rappers kick ass![/quote]

Well, it's more that they bump into them a lot, due to their lilness.

Same reason their names are diamond studded on the album cover, complete with suave pose head tilted, and don't forget the pit bulls.
Who knows.

Actually... Big rappers seems to be better than the Lil ones, although the Big ones are mostly dead...

at least the 3 best ones are

Biggie, Big L and Big Pun.

I think a better question is 'Why are there so many rappers that suck and how the hell did they get a record deal in the first place?'

[quote name='javeryh'][quote name='Xevious']There is Heavy D and the boyz. He's not little[/quote]

Don't forget Big Pun, Fat Joe and the Notorious B.I.G.!!!![/quote]

Big Tymers.

I dunno why anyone would refer to himself as lil.

There was a great dig at this in The Onion once. They mentioned a rap concert that would feature Lil Kim, Lil Romeo, Lil Lil, and Real Lil Pete.

[quote name='PsyClerk']There was a great dig at this in The Onion once. They mentioned a rap concert that would feature Lil Kim, Lil Romeo, Lil Lil, and Real Lil Pete.[/quote]

Lil Bow Wow?

[quote name='javeryh'][quote name='PsyClerk']There was a great dig at this in The Onion once. They mentioned a rap concert that would feature Lil Kim, Lil Romeo, Lil Lil, and Real Lil Pete.[/quote]

Lil Bow Wow?[/quote]

he realized Lil is fuckin dumb and ditched it.

now he is just Bow Wow

[quote name='Snake2715']lil Jon or is it lil John....[/quote]

I dunno. Why don't we ask him? Lil' John, is it John or Jon?

liljohn.gif

[quote name='CaseyRyback'][quote name='javeryh'][quote name='PsyClerk']There was a great dig at this in The Onion once. They mentioned a rap concert that would feature Lil Kim, Lil Romeo, Lil Lil, and Real Lil Pete.[/quote]

Lil Bow Wow?[/quote]

he realized Lil is shaq-fuin dumb and ditched it.

now he is just Bow Wow[/quote]

maybe he's not so lil anymore.

[quote name='EddieBelfour']this is america. there is no need to be clever or have any kind of talent here.[/quote]

It's about who you know or who are you are fucking :)

[quote name='jmcc']There was a secret government experiment in 1979 in which certain urban water supplies were laced with test chemical #34291 in order to see the effects on the people. This lead to decreased human growth hormone among certain ethnic groups, such as African-Americans, which in turn lead to the increased lil' named rap artists we see today.[/quote]

:rofl:

Lil Kim is small as hell she deserves the name

Lil Wayne which i think is pretty good, had a label deal since he was like 12.

And Big L isnt even big but is one of the best rappers ever.

and im not even a big fan of rap.

[quote name='johnnyoski']I think a better question is 'Why are there so many rappers that suck and how the hell did they get a record deal in the first place?'[/quote]

:rofl: Good question.

because if they didnt use "lil" then they'd be...

Kim
Jon
Wayne
Moe

and that is boring as hell.

[quote name='sisco1986']What ever happened to good stage names, like MC Pee Pants.

mcpp1.jpg
[/quote]

Or Sir Loin.

[quote name='Dok Diamond']Lil Kim is small as hell she deserves the name

Lil Wayne which i think is pretty good, had a label deal since he was like 12.

And Big L isnt even big but is one of the best rappers ever.

and im not even a big fan of rap.[/quote]

No, L wasn't Big at all. If you've never heard of him, dl'd the song "Put it on" by Big L & Kid Capri.

bread's done
Back