why aren't stores price matching Kmart

nabuch

CAGiversary!
Don't know if this is the right forum for this, but here goes.

I went to Target to price match Shadow of Mordor to Kmart's 24.99, since I could save another 5% with the red card.  After waiting forever because only one person was working, I'm told they do not match Kmart. WTF, they always advertised they matched everyone.

So I then go to Best Buy to match the price, and when they tried to do it, Kmart did not come up on their list either, but at least they have a category for other retailer, and did match it.

I find this particularly perplexing, because they do match Sears.

I don't think it'll matter much longer, though, since the final Kmart in my area will soon be gone, and by this time next year or the year after they will all be gone. 

You answered your own question lol

Kmarts are dying so no one needs to match them :lol:

In all honesty, don't know. Maybe the ine you have in your area is too far from target to do it?

The only reason I had trouble PM'ing Kmart this weekend is that every place I went to insisted on verifying the prices themselves, and Kmart's shitty website was broken the whole weekend. Even though the mobile version was still working fine, they weren't interested in looking at that, at either BB or Wal Mart.

Kmart is all but dead, i got lucky at my Wal-mart, when the pirce wouldn't come up on the computer I walked outside with the CSM and he used his phone to look up the prices, otherwise the broken azz website would've killed it.

I managed to get it matched at walmart on Tuesday I think. They looked it up on their system after I showed them the price on my phone. A few mins later. I got me a $25 game out the door...well plus tax

I didn't have to fool with the black friday mess.

I found it easier and faster on black friday after noon to get a few random things matched that were not a part of their ads or sales. I kinda think they really didn't care or have the extra time to look it up on their systems after I show them the prices on my phone.

Wasn't Shadow of Mordor $24.99 at Best Buy anyways? Why did you need to PM Kmart? On that note, you probably could have had Target PM Best Buy to achieve your original goal.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back