Why did they never make a BSG space sim?

Ruahrc

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I've been watching a lot of BSG lately on netflix and got to wondering why they never made a game based on the franchise? I think they did make that one for the 360 (?) but it was pretty bad iirc

I mean the universe is ripe with great combat and piloting potential- fly your viper around in space and manage damage control and ship systems to optimize for combat, explore planets and star systems in a raptor, engage in all-out capital ship combat with your battlestar vs a baseship, even has potential from a fleet wide standpoint. Search for earth, find resources for your fleet, get graded in the end on how many people you get to earth (no spoilers please I haven't watched till the end yet)... There's so much here that couldbe great.

Maybe what I want is just another great space sim like wing commander or tie fighter. Maybe its what I wanted eve online to be. But maybe the time for that game has come and gone as it wouldn't work well on a console (no good control scheme to make it in-depth enough short of selling a joystick accessory) and it'd be hard to make a business case for a pc only version

But man if they did one right it would be terrific. I mean truly done right I could see it being as legendary as tie fighter or x-wing was.

I would love it if they made a Stak Trek game with fully destructible everything, where you could go around with your starship just blowing up planets if you got bored.;)

[quote name='hankmecrankme']They are afraid of abysmal sales and profits, that's what.[/QUOTE]

Fixed that to be more in line with reality, for you.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I would love it if they made a Stak Trek game with fully destructible everything, where you could go around with your starship just blowing up planets if you got bored.;)[/QUOTE]
There is a pretty amazing looking fan made Star Trek game currently in development called Star Trek Excalibur.

It's still some ways off though. Hopefully Paramount wont shut them down.

[quote name='Kaijufan']There is a pretty amazing looking fan made Star Trek game currently in development called Star Trek Excalibur.

It's still some ways off though. Hopefully Paramount wont shut them down.[/QUOTE]
Let me reiterate. A CONSOLE version Star Trek game with the abilities I mentioned above. I don't play PC games and I don't want to waste my time tweaking my PC for ONE game to play right on it.

But thanks for the heads up on the fan made game nonetheless.:D

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I would love it if they made a Stak Trek game with fully destructible everything, where you could go around with your starship just blowing up planets if you got bored.;)[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I always wanted a Star Trek game that was not a space sim (for console as well). I think the closest I'll get is Mass Effect 2 when it comes out on PS3 :cry:

I came close to grabbing STO for PC, but once I found out you couldn't do some of the things I've wanted to do in a game like that I decided against grabbing it.

bread's done
Back