Why do Amazon gift cards sell for more than their value on ebay?

Josh5890

CAGiversary!
Feedback
87 (100%)
I don't get it? I went on hoping to maybe get an Amazon gift card for maybe a little break but I'm seeing $50 gift cards going for $56 and likewise for other values. Am I missing something here?

Just keep checking. I have bought a bunch for less than face value. Usually you can get a $20 Amazon gift card for like $19.95.

As for why people will pay more for an Amazon card than its worth? Only reason I can think is because they have PayPal credit they want to use on Amazon or something.

It's because some people are lazy, and stupid. Or they are using their groupon ebay certificates. But I'll go with stupidity

Maybe it's like the PSN cards where someone from overseas wants to order something from the US Amazon site and they can't use their credit card on there for some reason?

You can use any credit card on amazon. It is your shipping address thats can be a problem.

Some people can save $10 if they choice bill me later

I sold my $100 gift card from Walmart that I recieved when I bought my PS3 3 years ago on eBay. It went for $120.01. I thought it was a joke, but everything worked fine with the transaction.

Paypal's seller protection does not cover digital items. if the seller sends the code to the buyer online instead of physically shipping the card (and getting tracking, etc), and the buyer files a chargeback with their bank, the money will be yanked back to the buyer's account and there's nothing you or Paypal can do about it. I always assume that people who bid more than a card is worth are pulling this scam.

Important info: https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?...tent_ID=security/seller_protection_learn_more

bread's done
Back