Why does Europe get Black?

mkg12

CAGiversary!
Feedback
45 (100%)
http://www.nintendo-europe.com/NOE/en/GB/news/article.do?elementId=Z9ktvFs1LILlR7g_KiA5U47N7DMEzkpA

"22nd May 2006 - The Nintendo DS Lite will become the new addition to Nintendo’s video game family when it launches in Europe on 23rd June 2006. Available in two colours from launch - a sleek black edition and a cool, stylish white edition, the summer really is looking brighter. "

Europe gets screwed for everything else. I don't see why it should be any different with the DS lite launch!

As with iPods, black seems really cool until you have one for a little while and you notice it shows scratches and fingerprints much, much more readily than white.

Did Japan even get black? All I saw on Play-Asia was white, navy blue, and ice blue.

And I'm kind of wondering why they got the white PSP too.

yup, for a new nin ds lite - 150 euros - a euro is $1.25 - you do the math.

but - hey wait, mother 3 in europe - wheredjew here that?

[quote name='Tybee']As with iPods, black seems really cool until you have one for a little while and you notice it shows scratches and fingerprints much, much more readily than white.[/QUOTE]

I've always been a black lover but after the PSP and seeing the white DS LITE over and over I'm going for the white this time around. Bye Bye fingerprints and scratches.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Navy > Black. :cool:[/QUOTE]

No, its not...i feel sorry for all who got navy instead...lol

Now they just need to bring it stateside

I don't recall, will the Wii come in black? If my black SP is the odd thing out against the Lite and Wii, so be it. I keep it around to play GB/GBC games, but if there's a black Wii at launch, I hell of want to keep the streak of evil Nintendo consoles going.

Damn I'd like a black, I dunno if I'd rather have red though. It's always black or red for me, hopefully they'll release both at the same time in the US.

[quote name='Sleepkyng']
but - hey wait, mother 3 in europe - wheredjew here that?[/QUOTE]

It was reported on sites like 4 Color Rebellion, Kotaku, Starmen.net, and some others. It is speculated that it will be translated and released in the UK as early (late?) as December.

Here's a scan from the official Nintendo Power UK Mag. Picture is quite large, but if you scroll around, you can see that it definitely says it will hit the UK.

http://forum.starmen.net/?t=getfile&id=15580

Sure, they'll call an elevator a lift, but I can deal with the damn limeys if they gimme my prescious Mother 3. :)

the funny thing is everything the US puts out gets localized in Jap and elsewheres but not everything elsewheres gets localized here..

[quote name='jkam']I've always been a black lover but after the PSP and seeing the white DS LITE over and over I'm going for the white this time around. Bye Bye fingerprints and scratches.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly how I feel... as cool as Black may look, it shows finger prints and scratches like no other. With white, you just have to worry about.. discoloration.:lol:

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']I thought with the color black, you were prone to hide dirt, as they say with automobiles.[/QUOTE]
That is incorrect. Black cars show more dirt than light cars. Even white cars don't show a lot until it's absolutely filthy.

[quote name='botticus']That is incorrect. Black cars show more dirt than light cars. Even white cars don't show a lot until it's absolutely filthy.[/quote]
It just sounds so strange to me. The one that would show more dirt should be the one that is furthest away from the color of the dirt/stuff?

The point is, I've gone black with the SP and GC. I don't think I can go back, as per the rhyme.

[quote name='varsitygamer']you know what they say... once you go black, you never go back.[/quote]

That is what THEY say isnt it, olol.

Did you see what I did there?

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Navy > Black. :cool:[/QUOTE]
QFT

I really wanted a jet black Lite and was legitamtely disappointed when the Japan launch didn't feature a black system. But now? I love the Navy immensely and doubt I'd get a black one if Navy was an option as well.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']It just sounds so strange to me. The one that would show more dirt should be the one that is furthest away from the color of the dirt/stuff?[/QUOTE]
The thing is, dirt and all that aren't black. And when compared against black, they look very light. Beige cars generally look the cleanest. But with any light color, unless you have a massive build-up of dirt and debris, it won't look very dark. Just look at the dust in your house. When you look at the TV screen, you can't tell there's anything on it unless it's turned off. But if you wipe your finger through it, it's very noticeable.

Thread-semijack complete.

I want more fun colors. Give me green, red, blue, purple, whatever.

[quote name='Giygas']I would also like to say "Why does Europe get Mother 3?"

Looks like it's import time.[/QUOTE]

The fuck? Is Europe getting Mother 3?

Europe has been traditionally screwed by the game industry (and the lame PAL standard in general), so I'm happy they're getting something.

[quote name='Apossum']Europe has been traditionally screwed by the game industry (and the lame PAL standard in general), so I'm happy they're getting something.[/QUOTE]

You are the only one, Benedict.

I want more fun colors. Give me green, red, blue, purple, whatever.
I second this. Anything but white.
Europe has been traditionally screwed by the game industry (and the lame PAL standard in general), so I'm happy they're getting something.
Why don't you go back to Europe, Europe lover?!

[quote name='Apossum']Europe has been traditionally screwed by the game industry (and the lame PAL standard in general), so I'm happy they're getting something.[/QUOTE] Well it doesn't bother me one bit. Nobody buys games over there anyways. Didn't Warioware just come out in Europe?

I think the quickest way to get a black model out here in USAlvania is to get the Klan to endorse the white one. A few news stories with them holding it and doing their "white power!" chant and there'll be no way Nintendo won't introduce a dark one.

Well my 360 is white, I'm not sure if I should color-coordinate this generation by getting a white DSL, Wii, and PS3 or getting a different color of each. Last gen was all black for me, so I think all white would be cool.

[quote name='Strell']You are the only one, Benedict.[/QUOTE]

You americans and your "Declaration of Independance." Enjoy it while it lasts.

[quote name='Stuka']I wonder if the Black DS Lite is going to have a bigger stylus....[/QUOTE]

That's just a myth. The Black DS stylus is just as big as the other DS's. It's a sensationalist media tactic...

[quote name='Chacrana']The fuck? Is Europe getting Mother 3?[/quote]

http://forum.starmen.net/?t=getfile&id=15580

If it comes out there, before here, the importing is going to be ridiculous. I don't even want to think about how much money I will get sucked into spending on getting an english language copy of that game.

I want it so bad.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']I thought with the color black, you were prone to hide dirt, as they say with automobiles.[/QUOTE]

I think the problem is that similar to the psp and ipod black, this is a black underneath a clear plastic layer that scratches and attracts fingerprints, which show up on top of that black under coating. with white, those things don't show up as much.

bread's done
Back