Why hasn't Star Fox landed on the Wii?

The Acacia Strain

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Why hasn't this happened yet?

I get excited talking about it. Could anyone really imagine how good a Star Fox game could really be? It could really be an amazing game, if done right.

I know Miyamoto has said that Star Fox sales were low in Japan and the last few outings weren't received well. I hope Nintendo is working internally on a big one (possibly as a launch title?) for the Wii 2.

I honestly liked Star Fox Adventures, the Star Fox Assault game was also okay in my book (then again I'm not one of those guys who played Star Fox 64 for whatever reason).

I'm going to say that Star Fox will be coming to the 3DS at some point and I bet it's already announced or something. Wait, that might be the remake of Star Fox 64 for the 3DS.

I also really liked Star Fox Adventures, but it felt awkward with the Star Fox characters and Nintendo should have let Rare use their original 'Dinosaur Planet' idea instead of forcing their IP onto the game. Assault and Command were meh but I played them anyway. Star Fox 64 is the bar which every game since has tried and failed to reach.

Command was a game I couldn't play at all, lol... It just felt really weird to me. I would've liked to see Rare's version of the Dinosaur Planet idea. Maybe that's why Rare left Nintendo, who knows, lol.

[quote name='bennihana123']I know Miyamoto has said that Star Fox sales were low in Japan and the last few outings weren't received well.[/QUOTE]

Maybe that's because they sucked balls. I'm the biggest Star Fox and Star Fox 64 fan in the world, but every Star Fox game released ever since has been the biggest turdburger of a franchise killer I've ever seen.

Star Fox games are simple games to make, when you think about it. Go flying down a corridor, add a few obstacles, add a bunch of enemies to shoot, throw in a couple all-range modes for good measure, some hilariously bad dialog, awesome music, and you've got a legendary game. But Nintendo keeps on treating Star Fox like SEGA keeps on treating Sonic, and they bollocks it up every damn time.

[quote name='The Acacia Strain']Could anyone really imagine how good a Star Fox game could really be? It could really be an amazing game, if done right.[/QUOTE]

Holy generalizations, Batman!

This could be said about every game yet to be made.

Imagine online dogfights *drool*. They should do away with Krystal and the Dinosaur Planet, its just brought the series down. Adventures was fun but it's not a Star Fox game.

One thing to remember is Nintendo hasn't actually made a Starfox game internally since 64. So that's your answer as to why the franchise went to crap - they put it off into someone else's hands and it just happened to come out no where near as good as the original 2 games. I freaking love Starfox on SNES and Just as much love the N64 remake, and I can replay those forever, and almost do every other month. But I refuse to accept the other games as part of the franchise, they are embarrassments..

Hopefully when the 3ds shows Nintendo how much the fans of Star Fox want it to come back from sales of the 3ds remake of Star Fox 64, maybe we will see more down the road. They did listen to us about trying out a new Kid Icarus game so it looks like things can only get better these days.

I also feel a similar fate could have happened with Metroid if it wasn't for RetroStudios doing such a good job on their games.

I'll go out on a limb and say that the big reason there's no Star Fox on the Wii is lack of sales with the GCN games. I think it's Adventures that was just a really bad game.

Now, Assault wasn't too bad. But I don't think either one really sold well.

[quote name='Droenixjpn']Command was a game I couldn't play at all, lol... It just felt really weird to me. I would've liked to see Rare's version of the Dinosaur Planet idea. Maybe that's why Rare left Nintendo, who knows, lol.[/QUOTE]

Maybe you meant to say, maybe a reason why Nintendo SOLD Rare to Microsoft. ;)

[quote name='Altanis']I'll go out on a limb and say that the big reason there's no Star Fox on the Wii is lack of sales with the GCN games. I think it's Adventures that was just a really bad game.

Now, Assault wasn't too bad. But I don't think either one really sold well.[/QUOTE]

The problem with Star Fox with on the Gamecube was the Gamecube itself, honestly I think it would sell if it was on the Wii.

[quote name='skiizim']The problem with Star Fox with on the Gamecube was the Gamecube itself, honestly I think it would sell if it was on the Wii.[/QUOTE]

Adventures was an offshoot and Assault was a mess of bad decisions , don't think the cube had anything to do with it.

Yeah, Adventures was a Rare game that Miyamoto said could do better as a Starfox game so they just made those changes because Rare's original main character was a fox and it was similar to Fox McCloud.

Assault was Namco's attempt at doing Nintendo's job while Nintendo published their game, it wasn't that bad of a game but it was seriously trying too hard to be StarFox 64 modern edition it borrowed heavily from the game and about the only thing we got out of it was a nice updated designing of Wolf and other characters. It was linear and very much about the adventure story and just felt the way it was, a new Starfox game with an alternative take on the universe. I hated the new look they came up with for the R-wings.

Don't forget Starfox Command for the DS. That was like giving the framework of Starfox 2 for SNES(unreleased) to a 3rd party dev and let em try to make it in today's gen. It was a pretty bad Starfox game overall, but it looked very good in respect to how I'd imagine the game to look (very true to the original SNES designs). controls were awful and it was very much too limited in real play - had too much dialog for my taste, and too small of bursts of real gaming.

Assault's on foot missions felt tacked on and unoriginal to me. They should stick to vehicle missions unless they can really pull off one of those.

we had a lot of fun playing Assault in 4-player battle mode. It was one of the first games that come to mind (on console) where you could switch back and forth from vehicle/foot combat. Granted, it was a made race for the planes and tanks at the beginning of the match.

[quote name='bennihana123']Assault's on foot missions felt tacked on and unoriginal to me. They should stick to vehicle missions unless they can really pull off one of those.[/QUOTE]

The on foot stuff was pretty bad. They were trying to go for the halo thing where you can jump into vehicles.

At least that's the feeling it gave me since that was kinda a big thing back then.

I think Adventures' problem was that it had some bad game design choices. Like that insane button masher part that was required to beat the game. I had to have a college roommate beat it for me after trying it for 3 months. So bad.

Assault was okay, but a little odd. It looked good and had a good soundtrack. I don't know why people hated it so much.

Command IMO is where they lost the series with their infinite fan-fiction endings of doom.

bread's done
Back