Why is it so hard to find a backlit GBA SP in good shape for a reasonable price?

buffdrew84

CAGiversary!
Feedback
292 (100%)
I have been searching amazon and ebay. They are all damaged or missing the charger or not backlit. I had one years ago and wish I never would have gotten rid of it. Now I can't find one without breaking the bank. If anyone here has one they would like to trade me something for please CML.

Thanks CAG!

It's probably hard to find on there in good shape and with the charger cord due to one thing. Most of the time, the previous owner was some little kid who didn't know how to take care anything or actually keep the accessories that it came with. Now that the kid's moved onto the DS/3DS or mobile gaming, the parent has dumped the screwed up GBA SP hoping to get some money from it.

It's kinda like looking for old consoles on there. Most of the time, the listings are for just the system(probably untested) and no hook-ups or controller.

The reason why GBAs (especially the SP, and more so, the backlit SPs) are still in high demand because they're the best way to play GB/C/A games. I'm guessing Nintendo removed all GB compatibility so they could push eShop sales but not everyone is fond of digital distribution (especially when it comes to Nintendo). They won't drop until Nintendo re-introduces backwards compatibility (which seems unlikely).

But what exactly do you call reasonable? You can find near mint backlit SPs w/ chargers for $40-50. That seems pretty reasonable to me.

There is a user here who runs a site, he might have something you are looking for. Might not be the price but has great stuff.

Also, you can check this thread out, you can buy a beat up GBA SP and fix it up yourself, you can use the thread in case you have any questions.

Typically th e 40-50 dollar ones on eBay or amazon are beat up, not backlit and have no power cord. I'm holding out hope that someone on CAG will have one.

I'm sure I have a complete, like-new one in a box somewhere. Whether or not I go looking for it would depend entirely upon what you're offering.

[quote name='pacifickarma']I'm sure I have a complete, like-new one in a box somewhere. Whether or not I go looking for it would depend entirely upon what you're offering.[/QUOTE]

this is the main thing that lot people tend forget when they don't like a price you want something of value but don't want pay a price that would make it worth keeping it in valuable shape

[quote name='pacifickarma']I'm sure I have a complete, like-new one in a box somewhere. Whether or not I go looking for it would depend entirely upon what you're offering.[/QUOTE]

I sent you a PM. Please look for it.

bread's done
Back