why is panzer drgoon saga worth so much money?

S0DA POPINSKI

CAGiversary!
Feedback
45 (98%)
just wondering. I am selling a bunch of my buddys stuff on ebay (in auction thread) and I checked out auctions of this game and it goes for like $125-150+
Anyone know why? Im gonna play it before I sell it just to see what the deal is. Is this a great game, or just really rare?

It had a print run of 10k copies. Some people say it's even smaller then that with some going as low as 5k estimated printed.

It was released near the end of the Saturn life cycle and a lot of people didnt notice it. It actually has 2 print (one had white sleeve and the other had black sleeve) From wiki "Only 5,000 copies were first produced for the game’s American launch in May 1998, and many retailers failed to meet pre-order demand. Sega released a second batch of 12,000 copies the following June and then another 12,000 in the late Summer." There are games with far smaller print (such as Magic Night Rayearth) that doesnt worth that much. The game has gotten excellent review and some considered it one of the best RPG ever made.

However it did poorly in Japan, and you can easily find the Japanese version. That also hurt the chance of PDS getting a port.

I have a copy of Next Gen magazine from shortly before the games release where they claim 6k copies were made for the US. Ive never heard of any additional prints, take what you read on Wiki with a grain of salt.

[quote name='Puffa469']I have a copy of Next Gen magazine from shortly before the games release where they claim 6k copies were made for the US. Ive never heard of any additional prints, take what you read on Wiki with a grain of salt.[/QUOTE]
there is at least one additional print because the later print had a different color sleeve.

Ive always heard two runs of 10k....but i cant confirm that.This game generates big money because of two groups of people.Saturn completionist(are there such people?)And RPG collectors...and a third group...people who just want to play the game.It has been called one of the best, if not the best, rpgs ever made.

[quote name='62t']It was released near the end of the Saturn life cycle and a lot of people didnt notice it. It actually has 2 print (one had white sleeve and the other had black sleeve) From wiki "Only 5,000 copies were first produced for the game’s American launch in May 1998, and many retailers failed to meet pre-order demand. Sega released a second batch of 12,000 copies the following June and then another 12,000 in the late Summer." There are games with far smaller print (such as Magic Night Rayearth) that doesnt worth that much. The game has gotten excellent review and some considered it one of the best RPG ever made.

However it did poorly in Japan, and you can easily find the Japanese version. That also hurt the chance of PDS getting a port.[/quote]

Panzer Dragoon Saga was an RPG? I thought you fly around on a dragon like in Panzer Dragoon Orta on Xbox!

[quote name='karkyco']Panzer Dragoon Saga was an RPG? I thought you fly around on a dragon like in Panzer Dragoon Orta on Xbox![/quote]

In RPG form maaaaan!

[quote name='karkyco']Panzer Dragoon Saga was an RPG? I thought you fly around on a dragon like in Panzer Dragoon Orta on Xbox![/QUOTE]
The Japanese title is actually Azel: Panzer Dragoon RPG

[quote name='62t']It actually has 2 print (one had white sleeve and the other had black sleeve)[/QUOTE]

Are you certain the black sleeve isn't the PAL release? Their Saturn colour scheme was black/blue to our beige.

[quote name='Fanboy']Are you certain the black sleeve isn't the PAL release? Their Saturn colour scheme was black/blue to our beige.[/QUOTE]
The sleeve are the the extra disc. The PAL release has a different packing too.

[quote name='Fanboy']Are you certain the black sleeve isn't the PAL release? Their Saturn colour scheme was black/blue to our beige.[/quote]

The U.S. version that I have has black sleeves for the extra cds.

My buddy is gonna get paid lol. Look at the condition of this shit. plus he's got the other ones. Guys, as a gamer I am telling you, these games might be treasure lol.

donoebay002.jpg

donoebay001.jpg

donoebay045.jpg

donoebay003.jpg

donoebay042.jpg

[quote name='62t']It was released near the end of the Saturn life cycle and a lot of people didnt notice it. It actually has 2 print (one had white sleeve and the other had black sleeve) From wiki "Only 5,000 copies were first produced for the game’s American launch in May 1998, and many retailers failed to meet pre-order demand. Sega released a second batch of 12,000 copies the following June and then another 12,000 in the late Summer." There are games with far smaller print (such as Magic Night Rayearth) that doesnt worth that much. The game has gotten excellent review and some considered it one of the best RPG ever made.

However it did poorly in Japan, and you can easily find the Japanese version. That also hurt the chance of PDS getting a port.[/quote] so which version is my buddys with the white sleeve? It has 2 black and 1 white...

Nice. I'd love to play that game someday. Hopefully there's a re-release on some "Saturn Collection" or something on the next gen platforms, like the Genesis Collection for PS2.

[quote name='4tygames']Or release some Saturn games on the Wii's VC.[/QUOTE]
probably wont happen since most of those games are too big.

Dang, that is one pristine looking copy.

And I second the motion for it being rereleased on a newer system, because I'm sure I'll never have the chance to play the original.

[quote name='62t']probably wont happen since most of those games are too big.[/quote] I could see them rereleasing this and a couple other games on one disc for next (now) gen with a $60.00 price tag. After playing this game I am really looking forward to playing Panzer Dragoon Orta on Xbox.

[quote name='62t']well there is the new Saturn emulator that can run PDS pretty as if you got a decent computer.[/quote]

new saturn emulator? what's it called?

If you have a bunch of money laying around that you won't be spending soon anyway, it's totally worth picking up games like this and Radiant Silvergun. Their prices have been rock steady for years now, so whatever you pony up you'll probably be able to get back...plus you will have had the chance to play these rather legendary games (I use the term loosely).

[quote name='62t']The sleeve are the the extra disc. The PAL release has a different packing too.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Aberforth']The U.S. version that I have has black sleeves for the extra cds.[/QUOTE]
Thanks guys, I wasn't aware of this before!

[quote name='TahoeMax']If you have a bunch of money laying around that you won't be spending soon anyway, it's totally worth picking up games like this and Radiant Silvergun. Their prices have been rock steady for years now, so whatever you pony up you'll probably be able to get back...plus you will have had the chance to play these rather legendary games (I use the term loosely).[/QUOTE]
QFT

sold mine years ago around 250. the prices have came down a little. I remember shining force grabbing around 100 and i think its around 50 now

sealed copies of Dragoon used to fetch around 500

[quote name='slidecage']sold mine years ago around 250. the prices have came down a little. I remember shining force grabbing around 100 and i think its around 50 now

sealed copies of Dragoon used to fetch around 500[/quote] saw both Shining Force and Dragon force go for over 90 recently but I'm hoping for at least $75 each. Panzer has been going for 140ish for nicer copys. I hope this copy goes for at least 150 seeing the condition its in.

[quote name='slidecage']sold mine years ago around 250. the prices have came down a little. I remember shining force grabbing around 100 and i think its around 50 now

sealed copies of Dragoon used to fetch around 500[/QUOTE]
Shining force 3 is closer to $70-80, $60ish if you are lucky. I would probably try to get Dragoon if it drop to drop $70-80

[quote name='addicted2games']i cant believe a sealed copy just went for $160. It used to be so much more than that years ago like slidecage said.[/QUOTE]
It is from a BIN, the seller could probably get more by letting people bid or set a higher BIN.

"Burning Rangers" is a great game as well. Too bad it did badly in Japan. It's enough to make me wanna scream at them for not buying it. It could really use a graphical update though.

[quote name='S0DA POPINSKI']My copy of shining the holy ark just went for $15. Im not gonna get alot for these I dont think. Ima cry now.[/QUOTE]
why? You got $27 shipped, which is the going rate for a complete copy. A sealed copy ended at $32 last month. I been trying to get a copy for a while and most ended around $30 shipped. I think a few got over $40 but those are the exception.

I believe the three that were released at the end were Burning Rangers, House of the Dead and Panzer Dragoon Saga.

If they release some Saturn games on the Wii VC, they might not look so good with the higher resolutions TVs out there, but they were fun...

[quote name='62t']why? You got $27 shipped, which is the going rate for a complete copy. A sealed copy ended at $32 last month. I been trying to get a copy for a while and most ended around $30 shipped. I think a few got over $40 but those are the exception.[/quote] Dragon Force went for $56, $67 with shipping. I have seen that game for for right around $100. Same with Shining Force III (mine went for $72 so not too bad). Panzer Dragoon is likely to sell at about $100 when it should be more like $140+. Oh well. I should have made the starting bid higher on em. My fault :p

[quote name='S0DA POPINSKI']Dragon Force went for $56, $67 with shipping. I have seen that game for for right around $100. Same with Shining Force III (mine went for $72 so not too bad). Panzer Dragoon is likely to sell at about $100 when it should be more like $140+. Oh well. I should have made the starting bid higher on em. My fault :p[/QUOTE]
I also seen complete Dragon Force go as low as $45. I only pay $35 for mine and it turn out to be one of the rare disc.

bread's done
Back