Why is Super Mario Bros. NES Classic Series so expensive?

CGH

CAGiversary!
Feedback
185 (100%)
Does it have added features that Mario Bros. Deluxe gbc does not have?

I own Super Mario Bros. Deluxe but I am looking to complete my gba collection I was taken aback when I saw what Mario nes classic gba is going for on Gamestop and Ebay.

It has no extra features - it is identical to the NES version. People just want it because it is out of print and portable Mario. The only thing it does better than the GBC version is that you can see the whole screen (they remove some horizontal pixel lines to make it fit I believe), while the GBC version was zoomed-in compared to the NES version and you had to scroll if you wanted to see more of the screen. Which of the two versions is the best is debatable and comes down to which is more important to you - cool extra features or original aspect ratio. In my opinion the best version of Super Mario Brothers was the one from Super Mario All Stars for the SNES. Now that is the game they should have released for the GBA or DS!

Its not too bad on ebay. Most are going for about $20 which is about what they cost when they came out. Maybe people want it to complete their Mario collection on GBA since 2,3, and world are fairly easy to find.

[quote name='CGH']Does it have added features that Mario Bros. Deluxe gbc does not have?

I own Super Mario Bros. Deluxe but I am looking to complete my gba collection I was taken aback when I saw what Mario nes classic gba is going for on Gamestop and Ebay.[/QUOTE]

Yuppies

bread's done
Back