Why is Xenogears expensive again?

Because it's awesome, especially it's battle system.

Rationally speaking though - I'm guessing theres a lot of Xenosaga fans out there that've finished Xenosaga 1-3 pretty much to the hilt. And are looking for another fix.

I was under the impression that Square-Enix made more than enough copies to keep the GH version going forever like Chrono Cross. I guess I was wrong.

[quote name='Shady3011']I was under the impression that Square-Enix made more than enough copies to keep the GH version going forever like Chrono Cross. I guess I was wrong.[/quote]

FF7 had that many copies I'm sure... It's this false sense of rarity, coupled with insanely mindless demand from people.

just to add to the discussion.

xenogears is one of the best longest games ever and one of square's best triumphs in gaming. I can honestly see why this game costs so much. FF7 on the other hand I dunno why considering there were so many copies laying around it was ridiculous.

[quote name='DarkKenpachi']just to add to the discussion.

xenogears is one of the best longest games ever and one of square's best triumphs in gaming. I can honestly see why this game costs so much. FF7 on the other hand I dunno why considering there were so many copies laying around it was ridiculous.[/quote]

The reason FFVII sells for so much is because vaginas love cross dressing cloud.

I don't see anything special... this game's always been in the $30-$60 range with the occasional sale outside of the range.

People tend to hang on to JRPGs for the collection, rather than sell them once they're done. Xenogears, even for a JRPG, is a remarkably complex, idiosyncratic, bizarre game-- the kind of thing that provokes extreme love-it-or-hate-it reactions, so fans who love it really love it.

Now, why Square hasn't just reprinted 18 billion copies of it to meet the infinite demand, like they have with Final Fantasy VIII, Final Fantasy IX, and Chrono Cross, I couldn't say. Maybe it is tangled up in the same contractual difficulties that are preventing them from doing additional reprints of Final Fantasy VII?

[quote name='Ryuukishi']People tend to hang on to JRPGs for the collection, rather than sell them once they're done. Xenogears, even for a JRPG, is a remarkably complex, idiosyncratic, bizarre game-- the kind of thing that provokes extreme love-it-or-hate-it reactions, so fans who love it really love it.

Now, why Square hasn't just reprinted 18 billion copies of it to meet the infinite demand, like they have with Final Fantasy XIII, Final Fantasy IX, and Chrono Cross, I couldn't say. Maybe it is tangled up in the same contractual difficulties that are preventing them from doing additional reprints of Final Fantasy VII?[/quote]

The thing that's preventing square from reprinting Final Fantasy VII is the fact that Sony published it in the US and has the rights for it.

[quote name='Paco']The thing that's preventing square from reprinting Final Fantasy VII is the fact that Sony published it in the US and has the rights for it.[/QUOTE]

And Xenogears was published by SquareEA.

TRSI recently put the Xenosaga anime on sale ($7 a disc, $21 for the whole series), and Funimation is releasing a boxset- perhaps a mini boom from folks who bought that and want the related games now?

I don't care either way- I bought a GH copy a few years back and never got around to opening it. A boom just means I can make a profit. ;)

[quote name='Paco']The reason FFVII sells for so much is because vaginas love cross dressing cloud.[/quote]
My friend actually plays it for this reason -__-;

I don't see anything unreasonable about this price. It's actually reasonably lower than it was 1-1.5 years ago. I've been watching the price for a while, since I've been flirting with selling my sealed GH copy, but maybe I missed my opportunity.

[quote name='Josef']My friend just scored me the guide for a buck this weekend from a tag sale.[/quote]Nice! Actually a pawn shop gave it to me for FREE about 2 years ago. That was a good day.

As for the OP, I don't see that the price is any higher now than it has been for the last several years, and I watch these things like a hawk.

Slightly unrelated, I managed to score a sealed GH copy for retail price ($19.99) BIN on eBay about 2-3 years ago, after it was already getting quite scarce.

[quote name='SolidMetal']dude don't forget ffvii had bitch slapping, that was awesome.[/quote]LMAO I forgot about that. Press [ ] to slap that bitch!

bread's done
Back