why isnt bb getting any 360s?

Wez455

CAGiversary!
long story short, my 360 got 3 red rings. i have a warranty from bb, but ive been waiting on them for 3 weeks now. i see them everywhere but bb. is there a way to get my money back? the warranty is going to expire in like a week.

[quote name='Wez455']long story short, my 360 got 3 red rings. i have a warranty from bb, but ive been waiting on them for 3 weeks now. i see them everywhere but bb. is there a way to get my money back? the warranty is going to expire in like a week.[/quote]

Why wouldn't you just take it back get credit and either wait, or see if they can get one from another store?

I just covered the same thing in a post a few days ago. I took mine into BB, they didn't have any Elites or Pros in-stock so they gave me a gift card for my broken Elite. I then purchased a new one from BB online using the gift card. The gift card was for the amount of my original purchase so because of the price drop I actually had money left even after paying for shipping. Couldn't find Pros or Elites at Target, Walmart, or Circuit City either.

ok, both bbs around here are oos. online is oos. ugh i guess ill have to get a giftcard and wait it out. my 360 picked a hellava time to crap out.

Wow, that sucks that online is out too now. I ordered my Elite last Saturday and received it yesterday. It still had the Holiday bundle and it is the newer, lower power consumption model. This is the third time I had to replace a 360.

When I bought my Elite BB was the only place that had them. I checked everywhere for them, Circuit City, Walmart, Target, Kmart, Gamestop, TRU... I am just thankful that I havent had any problems with my Elite like a lot of people have.

well it seems they are oos in many places. the reason i put bb in the title is because i see them everywhere around here accept bb. damnit i wish i could just get my money back.

Would this possibly be an indication of MS releasing a new updated model and stores are waiting to get those?

Someone posted in my thread regarding a similar topic that Microsoft is preparing to ship systems without the bundle of games.

One option is to see if they will replace it with a Halo edition. The BB near my house did that for someone when I was there on Monday night.

Ok I don't work at Best Buy but I do work in the video game section of a major retailer and we are also out of xbox360s at the moment. The reason being is most of our stores nation wide including our distribution centers are doing inventory. Because of this all incoming freight/merchandise has come to a crawl so as not to throw off the inventory numbers. During this time of the year stores count all the product they have. They then compare that number with what our computers tell us we should have. Discrepencies(sp?) usually occur in our stock comparisons usually due to shipping errors and theft. Most companies do this so they can give out a true profit report to their share holders at the end of their fiscal quarter.

well it's a store warranty, not a moneyback guarantee - they should give you a gift card or another 360 imo. good luck finding one, I can't throw a rock in my town without hitting a 360 in a store.

I wish I noticed this thread before I went out looking for a 360 yesterday. Three different Best Buys and between them all they had maybe two Arcade units. A guy at the third store finally told me about the shortage. Hopefully they'll restock sometime next week. I'd love to see if I can get Undertow free.

bread's done
Back