Why must you mock me, Oblivion?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hootie

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Everytime I try to play Oblivion, the disc significantly slows down during the first Bethesda screen, and I'm lucky if I get to the main menu of the game, then, if I load a game up, the "this disc is dirty or damaged" popup comes up within seconds.

The 360 apparently has scratched the hell out of my disc, but all of my other games are in perfect condition and play fine. I've tried fixing the scratches with some gel-like toothpaste(not the kind with the abrasive crap in it), but it didn't work.

I will probably just rent the game at Hollywood Video and swap the discs, but it pisses me off that I have to do this. Plus, this is my 3rd copy of the game, but this third one has worked for months, until just recently...

Any ideas? Or should I just go ahead and swap the discs at Hollywood Video?

And if you're just going to come into this topic and be Mr. Morals and say "Lol dat's steeling!! YU r Moranz! LOL!!" Then just go away and STFU, it's not like I'm going to listen to you, anyway.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']And I know this might sound crazy, but you could just buy another copy instead of stealing one...[/quote]

Theres a reason I am on CAG, because I can't afford to just go out and buy a new game every time it breaks!

[quote name='hootie']Theres a reason I am on CAG, because I can't afford to just go out and buy a new game every time it breaks![/QUOTE]
Doesn't excuse stealing a copy.

Why the hell are you people being a-holes about it? I'll swap it, and they'll just replace the defective copy with a brand new one. No harm in that.

I'd recommend asking the rental store if they'd fix the scratched disc for you. Many will do it for a couple bucks, or even free.

[quote name='hxhawkeye']I'd recommend asking the rental store if they'd fix the scratched disc for you. Many will do it for a couple bucks, or even free.[/quote]

Thank you for giving me a nice response to my post, unlike the rest of you...:roll:

[quote name='hootie']Why the hell are you people being a-holes about it? I'll swap it, and they'll just replace the defective copy with a brand new one. No harm in that.[/QUOTE]
Because they have to buy another copy to replace it with. Therefore you technically stole the money they had to use to replace YOUR defective disc. No one really cares if you do it, just stop attempting to justify it by saying things like "I can't afford to buy the game" or "They'll just replace it." You're planning to steal a game. It's as simple as that.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Because they have to buy another copy to replace it with. Therefore you technically stole the money they had to use to replace YOUR defective disc. No one really cares if you do it, just stop attempting to justify it by saying things like "I can't afford to buy the game" or "They'll just replace it." You're planning to steal a game. It's as simple as that.[/quote]

Ok, maybe its wrong, but if I can't have it fixed for a reasonable price, I'm still going to do it. I'm sure them having to buy another copy is not going to destroy their company and propel it into bankruptcy.

[quote name='hootie']Ok, maybe its wrong, but if I can't have it fixed for a reasonable price, I'm still going to do it. I'm sure them having to buy another copy is not going to destroy their company and propel it into bankruptcy.[/quote]

Im sure thats what people first said about downloading movies instead of renting. "Ill just download one movie, it wont kill them if I don't rent from them ONE time!"

You can't really expect "nice" posts when you say you're going to steal a copy of Oblivion. Then again people think downloading is stealing and I don't care...eh whatever ... I wouldnt do it if I felt bad about it though..I'd feel bad and nervous about being caught if I did that because maybe they had it registered or something, who knows. I'd sooner just throw down the money and get a new copy or get it repaired (preferably repaired...or you could buy it used for cheap...)

Or wait...here's a great idea thats not iffy at all. A rental costs like 5 bucks, so just trade in the copy of Oblivion you have right now at your BBV, then buy another used copy at the store and maybe spend 10-15$ extra or whatever from what you got for trading the game in. This way you're only out 5-10 bucks...and have no reason to think of the act in terms of stealing :D

RonaMcRiveter-web.jpg

yaaa boy!

[quote name='hootie']Why the hell are you people being a-holes about it? I'll swap it, and they'll just replace the defective copy with a brand new one. No harm in that.[/quote]

CAG doesn't need thieves...go away.

Its not "swapping", its STEALING. If you don't know the difference, then you are a moron.

TBW

[quote name='Apossum']buy a PS3 with a copy of Oblivion.[/QUOTE]

That would only make matters worse, as he'll be out $700+ just for a crappier version of the same game. He would be better off just buying a new a 360 in that case.

[quote name='TheBlueWizard']See my comments about the OP. They apply to you too.

TBW[/quote]

Just get off the saddle of your moral high horse and STFU

OP it's pretty obvious you're killing your karma with this disc "swapping." Stop the swapping, and the video game gods will make your console stop eating your discs.

[quote name='-Never4ever-']That would only make matters worse, as he'll be out $700+ just for a crappier version of the same game. He would be better off just buying a new a 360 in that case.[/QUOTE]
I love people pulling stuff out of their ass ^___^, another SAG added to my list

[quote name='nonggame']I love people pulling stuff out of their ass ^___^, another SAG added to my list[/QUOTE]
FAG just added to mine ^---^

[quote name='magiic']Just get off the saddle of your moral high horse and STFU[/quote]

Oohhh, I'm scared, your use of an abbreviation has me wetting my pants. When you grow up, maybe you can actually use the words.

On a more serious note:

People like you are why we need to have moral high horses in the first place. Obviously, you were brought up (assuming you're not 12) with poor morals, or you would understand the difference between "swapping" and "stealing".

People want to know why it costs more and more to rent / buy games or movies? Its people like you and the OP who think that one little "swap" won't hurt anybody. Well, you are wrong, its you and everyone else who does shit like this that causes costs to rise everywhere.

There's a reason loss prevention is a huge deal in any retail business and you're part of the problem. I'd appreciate it if you would take your questionable moral ethics and get the hell out of here. I don't want stealing to be associated with CAG.

TBW

PS Ignore +1

All bickering aside, have we found out yet if the discs are being scratched by the DVD drive, hence, MS's fault? If so, call them up, and have the disc replaced...

I don't know what's worse, swappers, or the people who fly off the handle over said swapper, and basically condemn them to hell for their STEALING!

buy 2 PS3s with 2 copies of Oblivion, so you have a back up in case one breaks down. 4 copies of Oblivion if you want to be safe. buy extended warranties on everything.

[quote name='nonggame']I love people pulling stuff out of their ass ^___^, another SAG added to my list[/QUOTE]

Better then being a HAG. Aka Hoarding Ass Gamer which you have frequently gloated about. The OP is a grade higher then you in my book.

[quote name='SynGamer']All bickering aside, have we found out yet if the discs are being scratched by the DVD drive, hence, MS's fault? If so, call them up, and have the disc replaced...[/quote]

The thing is, Oblivion is the only game of mine that has been scratched, all others are flawless, and work fine. I've never touched the bottom of my discs, so it's definitely not me.

Strange...

And people, please just bring your fighting and flaming to a different topic, I don't need it in here. Thanks.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Better then being a HAG. Aka Hoarding Ass Gamer which you have frequently gloated about. The OP is a grade higher then you in my book.[/QUOTE]

Your book sucks.

What the OP is suggesting is not simply immoral... it's ILLEGAL. Can I go to the car dealer and swap out my car when I blow an engine? Sure... IF I PAY FOR IT. But doing what he is suggesting with his damaged copy of Oblivion is the same as if I replaced my car (w/blown engine) with a new one under cover of night with a new one... it's just like it, after all... and one car won't bankrupt Chevy, Ford, or Chrysler... it's not like they can't send it back and get it fixed right? No harm, no foul. JUST ONE CAR... c'mon...

So he can swap it out, no problem... if HE PAYS FOR IT.

simply purchasing a game does not entitle you to unlimited copies and returns to the store... what makes one think that it is?

No wonder ethics courses have to be taught ALL THE TIME. People are generally too stupid to get it on their own... or have a sense of personal and moral responsibility enough to realize right from wrong... no, scratch that. They know better... they just don't CARE.

It's great living in the decline of western civilization... And before you get back on your book writing tour, remember cost is NOT the issue. It's a moral obligation not to screw someone else over... the game company/rental store/whatever.

So, I hope you wrote your book in pencil... because it's going to need some serious revisions when you grow up and learn what it's like to live in the grown-up world.

[quote name='hootie']The thing is, Oblivion is the only game of mine that has been scratched, all others are flawless, and work fine. I've never touched the bottom of my discs, so it's definitely not me.

Strange...

And people, please just bring your fighting and flaming to a different topic, I don't need it in here. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Quit suggesting illegal things and they (we) will.... Suck it up and buy another copy or call MS and see if you can get the disc replaced. Anything else is stealing... and I hate thieves.

I don't care if you hate theives, get out of this thread if you're just going to get all pissy and whine about what I'm doing. THANKS.

[quote name='hootie']I don't care if you hate theives, get out of this thread if you're just going to get all pissy and whine about what I'm doing. THANKS.[/QUOTE]

This isn't YOUR BOARD, sonny. So until you run it, you can't tell who is and is not in the thread...

So get over yourself... you're yet another pissant I have to ignore. This site's S/N ratio is becoming pretty pathetic.

And you're part of it. End of discussion. Have fun stealing, idiot.

[quote name='Mechafenris']This isn't YOUR BOARD, sonny. So until you run it, you can't tell who is and is not in the thread...

So get over yourself... you're yet another pissant I have to ignore. This site's S/N ratio is becoming pretty pathetic.

And you're part of it. End of discussion. Have fun stealing, idiot.[/quote]

Oh, so you can just waltz in here and tell me it's the "End of discussion"? No thanks, buddy.

i think i've traded with you before, hootie; so i know you're not a bad guy...but it would be best to contact MS first since they may be at fault for the scratching...maybe your xbox JUST started scratching discs so that's why the other ones arent scratched...

but yea, swapping isn't good

[quote name='swetooth9']i think i've traded with you before, hootie; so i know you're not a bad guy...but it would be best to contact MS first since they may be at fault for the scratching...maybe your xbox JUST started scratching discs so that's why the other ones arent scratched...

but yea, swapping isn't good[/quote]

I am a nice guy, its just that I barely have enough money to afford any games. I can't just go wasting $60 anytime I need to, I can't afford it. (only reason I have a 360 in the first place is because I used all of the money in my bank account, knowing that my mother would pay me back once she got her share of the money from my grandmother's home, but it turns out I'm only getting $200-$300 back...)

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Better then being a HAG. Aka Hoarding Ass Gamer which you have frequently gloated about. The OP is a grade higher then you in my book.[/QUOTE]
Get your fu-king head check. Another person, who love to pull stuff out of his own ass. Oh btw, bend over and fu_k yourself before bed. Might help clear that brain of your. ^__^

[quote name='nonggame']Get your fu-king head check. Another person, who love to pull stuff out of his own ass. Oh btw, bend over and fu_k yourself before bed. Might help clear that brain of your. ^__^[/quote]

Wow, that's some pretty horrid grammar.

I think you are the one who needs the head check. :lol:

[quote name='hootie']Wow, that's some pretty horrid grammar.

I think you are the one who needs the head check. :lol:[/QUOTE]
Better then stealing other people stuff, asshole ^__^;

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back