Why should I buy a Saturn?

brodiemash

Banned
I'm interested in buying a Sega Saturn for games like Burning Rangers, Nights & Panzer Dragoon, but I was wondering if there are other games you guys might suggest to make my purchase worthwhile. Anyways, thanks for your responses. Peace!

If your a fan of 2D games then it's a must buy!!

A few of my favorites are:

Saturn Bomberman
Galactic Attack
Darius (all of them)
Gaurdian Heroes
Three Dirty Dwarves

Panzer Dragoon is being made for PS2 in Japan, who knows if it'll get a stateside release though.

Fighter's MegaMix (the best of the Virtua Fighting World plus the characters from Fighting Vipers)

Daytona USA (Great racing game. I still play it on my Saturn)

Virtua Cop (Sweet little game if you have the patients to play it without the Gun)

[quote name='The VGM']X-Men Vs Street Fighter
Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter

Game, Set, and Match.[/QUOTE]
2 questions.

Did one or both of those include the RAM expansion as a pack in?

Do both require it?

Dragon Force is the reason I still have my Saturn, well, that and Nights: Into Dreams....I just have to get around to replacing the battery in the system.

[quote name='evilmax17']2 questions.

Do both require it?[/QUOTE]

1 question. How do I tell if my Saturn has the RAM expansion installed?

I got one for dirt cheap at a yard sale with 10 or so games and sadly have only turned the thing on to test that it works and test out all the games.

[quote name='wubb']1 question. How do I tell if my Saturn has the RAM expansion installed?

I got one for dirt cheap at a yard sale with 10 or so games and sadly have only turned the thing on to test that it works and test out all the games.[/QUOTE]

The RAM expansion is a cart that you insert into the cartridge slot

[quote name='fieldkillah']The RAM expansion is a cart that you insert into the cartridge slot[/QUOTE]

Ah, then I don't have it ;)

So it it fits in the slot and you pop other Saturn games into the top of it? (Kind of like a Super Game Boy for the SNES?)

[quote name='wubb']Ah, then I don't have it ;)

So it it fits in the slot and you pop other Saturn games into the top of it? (Kind of like a Super Game Boy for the SNES?)[/QUOTE]
Nope. :)

It's just a cart that you put in, and then you put the game into the Saturn as normal. Think of it like the N64's RAM expansion.

Well I'd say "Grandia" is a definite buy for it. "House Of the Dead" I'm sure even though it looks like CRAP.

Any of the WD games except for "Shining Wisdom".

Seriously "Dragon Force" is fucking GREAT! "Legend Of Oasis" is another game I'd suggest and definitely "Dark Savior".
"Lunacy" is a good Myst style. game I'd recommend for anyone that you won't find anywhere but the Saturn.
If you can find it for a decent price I'd also suggest "Akumajo Dracula X". Don't go paying those outrageous eBay prices for it though. Too many idiots there overpaying. Take it from a guy who has it that it's good but it's a shitty port, i.e. too much slowdown where there shouldn't be. The Saturn is a 2D monster and shouldn't have problems processing a game like that.

[quote name='evilmax17']2 questions.

Do both require it?[/QUOTE]

Don't know how reliable this is

I've never seen X-Men vs SF without the cart. Yes it needs it

There are 3 versions of MSH vs SF i think. 1 with the cart, 1 without (that requires it), and one that doesn't need it. The one that doesn't need it doesnt play as good I believe.

NiGHTS is enough. :D

Also Sega Rally, and Guardian Heroes is a must if you can find it for a price you're willing to pay.

Here's a few games that I enjoyed when I had a Saturn.

Christmas Nights
Manx TT
Marvel Super Heroes
Sega Ages
Steep Slope Sliders

Japanese imports - the reason I used to have one -
Dracula X
Radiant Silvergun
Don Pachi
Xmen vs Street Fighter
Marvel vs Street Fighter
Metal Slug