Why the F--K did I waste my money?!

Biggington

CAG Veteran
Now. Before you start getting the wrong idea. I have, and love myWii.

Here's what went down...

Yesterday I worked a 10 hour shift and
didn't get much sleep the night before either. I passed out when I got home around 7.

Fast forward to this morning, I got up around 5 after taking a nice 10 hour nap. Jumped right onto the
Wiiand started playing some tennis.

Around 9:30 my brother comes down (hes 8 years old) and asks if he could play. I was in the middle of a game and I told him when I'm finished.

Naturally he
wasn't happy as hes a spoiled brat and decided to cry to my mom. She tells him to go into the closet and bring out whats inside.

Of course, she got him a brand new fuck
ing Wii! I was fuming. What the hell did I waste my money on this for? I spent my L-A-S-T $300 on this for us to play and I always let my brother play when I'm finished.

I was hoping when I got it maybe I could get $150 or $100 if my parents would buy him an extra controller so we could play
together. But no, they had to get him the special controller, THAT CAME WITH A SYSTEM! God damnit !

We seem to have a "sharing" problem in my house. My brother is jealous of everything I get and needs to use it constantly, naturally I want to get a chance to play it too. This is why we have 2 PS2s, 2
GCNs, and now.... 2 WIIS!

Isn't this unfair to the people who aren't able to get hands on one? Nobody needs two!

I wish I never got this thing now. I would be $300 richer, and happier. Besides, my brother would've never gotten it if I
didn't come home with my Wii that I just managed to get from the Nintendo World store on Launch Day. The only reason I have one was because I did a good friend a favor and took his brother 14 year old brother all the way into Manhattan to get a Wii from Nintendo World. I figured, if I gonna go there, I might as well try to get one so I don't end up going for nothing.

I was part of the last batch of people in there and just managed to get one.

In closing, now I'm losing out on half the
Wii money, which I really could have lived without, but it would've been nice, and any cool games that my brother might get for Christmas because I wont be allowed to touch them.

I hate my mom
:cry:

That's the same in my house. I have a 9 year old brother.. and he's in here constantly. I get no time to myself playing this fucking thing. Though, my parents are getting him one (they already bought it) for Christmas, and I'm HAPPY about that since he gets out of my hair.

And that's ashame.. my brother does the SAME shit. I tell him "You can play when I'm done this level/boss/mission/WHATEVER" and he goes crying off to my parents and they give ME shit bout it.

Kids these days are so fuckin spoiled it's ridiculous.

Look at this way: Now you can play with it all you want and not have to worry about that little asshole bothering you :p

[quote name='Scobie']Wow. Why wasn't a problem of this magnitude on CNN this morning?[/QUOTE]

It was for a minute, but they took it down for fear of making their audience too sad and hopeless.

wambulance.jpg

I can't find a Wii. Quit your bitching.

I'm lucky that I'm the youngest in the family, I have no problem with sharing things, and mostly no one in my family touches my console :)

When your brother has gone through two bad marriages, has a criminal record, and is struggling with his cocaine addiction and drinking problem before 30, I hope your parents are willling to 'sack up' and take at least some of the responsibility.

[quote name='jollydwarf']When your brother has gone through two bad marriages, has a criminal record, and is struggling with his cocaine addiction and drinking problem before 30, I hope your parents are willling to 'sack up' and take at least some of the responsibility.[/QUOTE]

That's too funny because I tell my parents the same thing. Well correction: My mom. My dad doesn't really treat him like royalty. That's my mom's doing.

It's true, parents really do fuck up their kids.. even by doing "good" things for them. This is why I don't want kids.

[quote name='lilboo']That's too funny because I tell my parents the same thing. Well correction: My mom. My dad doesn't really treat him like royalty. That's my mom's doing.

It's true, parents really do fuck up their kids.. even by doing "good" things for them. This is why I don't want kids.[/QUOTE]

I'm just going to stick to Miis instead of children :lol:

[quote name='pimpinc333']You sound EMO. You gonna slit your wrists now?[/quote]

Reminds me of the EMO pizza, it cuts itself.

I totally sympathize with the OP.

The torment is ripping my soul to shreds as I sit here and smoke a clove for you... I will let my pen be my key to unlocking the pain in my heart as I write a poem about how this has made me feel.

The younger generation just *totally* dosen't understand our plight.

Your brother sounds like the bratty kid from the Simpsons "Bonestorm" episode:

"..And buy 2 this time, stupid! I'm not sharing with Katelyn!"

[quote name='norkusa']Your brother sounds like the bratty kid from the Simpsons "Bonestorm" episode:

"..And buy 2 this time, stupid! I'm not sharing with Katelyn!"[/QUOTE]

Haha - exactly. Hey, I have 3 kids, plus I myself want to play the thing. There's no way no how I'm getting more than 1 "just 'cause". Eventually, maybe, if there is a bundle deal or something I might pick up another - but only so we can do multiplayer things (like Animal Crossing or some such). But it sure as hell WON'T be because one kid needs to play at the same time as the other (or as me). Right now my boys are taking turns playing Mario 64 (though they keep bugging me to help them with parts of it - I wish they *would* play it themselves sometimes ;)). We have 2 Wiimotes and the 4 of us (me + 3 kids) take turns doing multiplayer Wii Sports or Rayman. Sure, there are squabbles ("he got to play twice!", "I never get to play!", etc), but that's why it's good to be the king (I have the power of enforcing the "power" button ;)). I could also get 2 more Wiimotes but that is some serious money and I'm waiting till a store where I have credit gets them (Gamerush :bomb:).

I fail to see the reason of you're problem, TC.

I mean, it's a win-win situation. You can either sell yours on ebay still at retail price and gain your money back or you can keep yours and your brother will no longer be playing it anymore.

It seems that since you have a job, you can at least support yourself a little and buy things you enjoy. I don't see the reason to get mad at your parents or brother. After all, he's 8. How is he supposed to get a regular job like you?

The only way to be upset that I can see is if he is near your age, and has a job as well. Then that'd be something to get upset at.

If this is the biggest problem you have, you're pretty damn well off. Think of all the people in the world with problems that don't include having 2 of the latest videogame systems in one house and try to see just how stupid and childish you are behaving. Play your Wii and be happy.

I see I'm being backed into a wall. Hah!

I agree with the fact that I'm whining about it. Although I have calmed down somewhat, I'm still kind of annoyed. I'm just pissed that I bought the system so we could play and because I wanted to get in my time for Zelda, my brother crys about it and boom! His brand new Wii!

Just for the record -- I'm 18 years old and work at a Deli and make ~$100 a week.

Buying the Wii totally cleaned me out. I was short $20 bucks for it and my friend gave me the difference cause I did him a favor by taking his brother to go buy it for him. What a guy.

Look, a lot of people are getting on your case and I see where they are coming from, but (as a parent) I'm more inclined to get on your parents' case :lol:. I can see your frustration too - though we have to take your word for it that you are really sharing the thing with your brother as much as you claim. Maybe your parents were sick of the fighting and arguing and it was just easier to separate you two with your own Wiis? Also, since you are 18 maybe your parents figure you are leaving soon and taking the Wii with you? I mean, I turned 18 a few weeks before I started college - was out of the house before I was 18 years and 1 month old.

In any case, you are lucky to be in a househould with 1 Wii, let alone 2! So keep that in mind when you post here where many haven't been able to find even 1 to buy.

Now, if you and your brother end up getting multiple copies of the same games, then I'm a-gonna come over there and smack your whole family :rofl:.

I feel your pain OP. My younger brother and I got along really well after we were in a rather bad car accident together when I was 10 (he was 8). Before that though, we had that sort of shit happen all the time. The best was when we divided our room into two halves and we wouldn't break the line. Sure, my side had the door on it, but it took him a while to realize this was a stupid way of fighting.

Well, i say just be glad he won't be wanting to play your's...

Though I do have to say he sounds like one of those spoiled little jerks that makes me rethink wanting children... your mom isn't doing him any favors :/

as everyone has stated, stop bitchin'

there should be some sense of pride out of buying your own system, rather than mommy and daddy buying it for you.

that's what younger siblings are for, to be spoiled to death. I'm sure your parents bought you a crapton of stuff when you were younger, so I don't see a problem.

[quote name='Roufuss']I totally sympathize with the OP.

The torment is ripping my soul to shreds as I sit here and smoke a clove for you... I will let my pen be my key to unlocking the pain in my heart as I write a poem about how this has made me feel.

The younger generation just *totally* dosen't understand our plight.[/quote]:lol:

On topic:
I have to deal with the same shit, but only with my youngest brother.
My middle brother (I'm the eldest) and I are cool with most things, hell, I'll even take some of his clothes if all my stuff is in the wash. We can joke and hang out and its all good.
My youngest brother, on the other hand, is a total fucking spoiled brat. My parents ALWAYS side with him and allot him the same priveleges as I get (I'm 16 and he's 10). Its god damn ridiculous.
The only thing that saves me is his 10 pm bedtime and no bed time for me (not like I'd follow one if I had it). I'm free to play as much as I want after that point.

[quote name='fenderhutz']Reminds me of the EMO pizza, it cuts itself.[/QUOTE]
hahahahah i hadnt heard that before, i like it thank for the laugh.

I appreciate you sharing this story with us. It made me feel better about myself, and I'm sure it'll inspire many CAG's to move on to better things.

Wow, you're parents are fucking stupid. Don't they know the Wii supports 4 players? Guess you should just Ebay the shit and go buy a second controller.

Sell your Wii on EBay and make $100 profit and then whine to your parents that your younger brother won't let you play. :p

Your story does say something about your parents more than anything. Instead of them dealing with issues like showing their kids how to share they resort to just resolving the problems with money. In other words they take the easy way out.

so you're brother doesn't want to play with your wii? he's off in the corner playing with his wii all by himself... i'm so saddened by your story.

cry some more...

[quote name='Rozz']I appreciate you sharing this story with us. It made me feel better about myself, and I'm sure it'll inspire many CAG's to move on to better things.[/QUOTE]

It SHOULD inspire many CAGs to beat the shit out of their whiny younger brothers!

bread's done
Back