WIC bloated? [can't find the right word]

SaII

CAGiversary!
so in my opinion WIC is only getting buzz because it'll be the first DX10 game.

but when i played the beta. boy, did it suck, I couldn't tell what to shoot, units were unresponsive, it's not fun at all.

what I see in WIC is just n00b RTS for your average FPS addicted gamer

there's no strategy at all.

I agree with the comments about the beta. Played for a whole 5 mins then uninstalled. But it's not the first DX10 game. Call of Juarez had DX 10 via patch. And didnt STALKER have it too?

[quote name='SaII']so in my opinion WIC is only getting buzz because it'll be the first DX10 game.

but when i played the beta. boy, did it suck, I couldn't tell what to shoot, units were unresponsive, it's not fun at all.

there's no strategy at all.[/quote]
Wow, you must have a crappy computer, or you just suck at the game. I have been playing it for the past two weeks and it's the best RTS I have played online. The game is based on working as a team, so if you don't work together, yes, it's frustrating and seems to suck. Stick with it for a bit and find a server with good players, then it's tons of fun.

:p i already have another game taking up my team work energies [CS:S]

when i play rts i want 1v1, and it seems really hard to get a 1v1 going in WIC, so meh.

core 2 e6300@ 3ghz + 7900gs w/vmod mediocre computer

EDIT: after looking at your compter i've determined that it's worse than mine.
or do you have a seperate desktop?

[quote name='SaII']so in my opinion WIC is only getting buzz because it'll be the first DX10 game.

there's no strategy at all.[/quote]

If you dont like it then thats fine.

Just dont make Threads saying, this game is teh suck, or this game has no strategy. They gave has PLENTY of it, and when everyone works as a team its great.

Point is JUST SHUT UP and go back to playing CSS if you love it so much, no one is making you play it.

[quote name='InuFaye']If you dont like it then thats fine.

Just dont make Threads saying, this game is teh suck, or this game has no strategy. They gave has PLENTY of it, and when everyone works as a team its great.

Point is JUST SHUT UP and go back to playing CSS if you love it so much, no one is making you play it.[/quote]

im just saying why is there SO much buzz about it?

every game blog/podcast/other media is hyping this thing to high heavens

you go play some other RTS and tell me WIC has more strats

[quote name='SaII']im just saying why is there SO much buzz about it?

you go play some other RTS and tell me WIC has more strats[/quote]
1. The game doesn't require you to collect or gain resources, which, I believe, is a first for a RTS game.

2. The game requires much more staregy than any other RTS out there for multi-player. Most other RTS games are all about knowing build orders and rushing and other crap.

3. WiC is not, i repeat NOT a 1v1 type game. It would impossiable to play 1v1 unless there is a game mode in which you can do it that isn't in the beta.

[quote name='SaII']im just saying why is there SO much buzz about it?

you go play some other RTS and tell me WIC has more strats[/quote]

What podcast/blog is hyping this thing up?

I personally listen to about 20 podcasts a week and hardly any of them talk about this game at all. If you count it getting a spot on the 1up show, then that hardly qualifies as OMG TEH HYPEZ!

I have played alot of strat games, and this game does have alot of it. Maybe you are just to stupid to realize it?

[quote name='Fragonard']1. The game doesn't require you to collect or gain resources, which, I believe, is a first for a RTS game.

2. The game requires much more staregy than any other RTS out there for multi-player. Most other RTS games are all about knowing build orders and rushing and other crap.

3. WiC is not, i repeat NOT a 1v1 type game. It would impossiable to play 1v1 unless there is a game mode in which you can do it that isn't in the beta.[/QUOTE]

Actually, there is a 1v1 and 2v2 modes. They are awesome as you get to play as all the different types of commanders. You just have to find the 2 and 4 player servers.

If there is such a huge hype about this game, it's because it's probably the most strategic and team based RTS out there. If you think CSS requires team combat, then you have no idea what teamwork is about, quite frankly.

haha for some reason i thought you guys were talking about the WIC program (Women Infants and Children) and food benefits stuff, wow was i off :p...and its sad to see an RTS go down :(

[quote name='AFStealth']Actually, there is a 1v1 and 2v2 modes. They are awesome as you get to play as all the different types of commanders. You just have to find the 2 and 4 player servers.
[/quote]

Oh, guess I'll have to check those out.

bread's done
Back