wii being shipped

cag1138

CAG Veteran
This might already have been stated but here it is. I work for fedex. Toyrus had wiis being delivered for this sunday. gamestop and eb should be receiveing thiers this friday. 5/04 was the deliver by date. Its not fun getting to handle about a thousand wiis at work then taking 5 months to find one to buy.

i would argue finding a wii at retail price/non bundle is a deal at this point in time. thanks for the heads up op.

[quote name='icyjones']i would argue finding a wii at retail price/non bundle is a deal at this point in time. thanks for the heads up op.[/quote]

Seconded.

And an awesome heads up!

Many stores seem to have been flooded with Wii shipments around here. I see them sitting on the shelves at many stores now.

I don't get it either. Many times over the last few months I've seen Wii's sitting in stores, especially my local Wal-Mart. How hard have you guys that don't have one really tried? Take a road trip or get on the phone with a few small-town Wal-Marts and I'd almost guarantee you'd find one.

I would think eBay would be a route to take too there can't be that much of a markup any more can there? (I haven't checked).

[quote name='turls']I don't get it either. Many times over the last few months I've seen Wii's sitting in stores, especially my local Wal-Mart. How hard have you guys that don't have one really tried? Take a road trip or get on the phone with a few small-town Wal-Marts and I'd almost guarantee you'd find one.

I would think eBay would be a route to take too there can't be that much of a markup any more can there? (I haven't checked).[/quote]

we all dont live in small towns though. i live right outside philly and usually go to wal-mart, target, best buy, circuit city, ebstop each once a week and have yet to come across one wii.

Checked with my local EB store, and they said they are out of stock and not expecting anymore for a couple of weeks.

Yeah, I think that Wiis are starting to become more available. I've seen them on a shelf three times total and twice within the last week or so (Northern Virginia). While I was really hyped for one before Christmas, I've since cooled on it and have passed all three times.

[quote name='hostyl1']Yeah, I think that Wiis are starting to become more available. I've seen them on a shelf three times total and twice within the last week or so (Northern Virginia). While I was really hyped for one before Christmas, I've since cooled on it and have passed all three times.[/quote]

Once Super Mario Galaxy comes out later this year, expect another shortage for another 4-5 months since it will come out right before Christmas time.

[quote name='Nohbdy']Does this mean that EB and GameStop will have Wiis in-store, non-bundle?[/quote]

I got the nonbundled WII at EB yesterday. It was the only one, I just happened to walk in at the right time....I asked the clerk when he expects more, he said 3 weeks. Could be lies.

I drove by there the day before, and saw that they still had the trade in 2 xbox 360 games, get an extra $10, which is why I went there....I thought that deal was history.

The clerk said he thought it was over too, and said he'd let the computer decide....The computer honored the $10 +, plus he gave me the extra 10% on trade from the GI coupon (which I didn't know about, but he was nice enough to pull a GI from the shelf and ring the coupon in).

Must have been my lucky day, as basically traded the worst possible 360 games (with the exception of a few) for the WII.

I guess this went off topic, but isn't The $10 bonus deal over? I never sell my games, but after realizing how many crappy 360 games I had, I couldn't resist.

Maybe their computers are still honoring the deal, and the manger didn't have enough sense to realize this...This was 05/03 and I know their buy 2 get 1 free deal starts today, so I just hit them at the right time.

Not meant to be a bragging thread, but it felt good to get away with this tomfoolery.

Hopefully WII shipments will come through. I really wanted one when they came out...Kind of gave up/lost interest due to not many titles... I'm happy with it....Good luck

Peace
DorkMcGork

The EB in Christiansburg, VA next to the Barnes and Noble had about 8 or 9 in at about noon today. The one at the mall didn't have any although I suppose that could've been the delivery truck's next stop.

However, two were sold during my 20 minutes browsing the store so I can't imagine they'd have any left still.

bread's done
Back