Wii Camping in Framingham, MA

I was just saying I am second in line with a preorder so I dont need to camp for a Wii.

However on RT9 E right near Fun and Games and the DCU there is a Strawberries

I was going to camp there, as my parent's house is close to there, but then I remembered there's a best buy within walking distance to me in RI... so im gonna take the extra 2% sales tax instead of paying $30 in gas

Not sure if I am going to camp out for the Wii, because i have no idea when it comes out, what day is the Wii released?
Anyone know if Best buy will have them on launch day, there is a BB 2 blocks away from my office.

I've never camped out in front of a store before. I need some info. before I do so.

1. I want to go to Best Buy. Are they going to be opening at regular time or midnight maybe? Or does it depend on the store?

2. Lets say my friend and I are 1 and 2 in line. When the door opens, do we have to run like idiots to the Wii section? I'm hoping there's someone there to walk us over or something remotely controlled and organized.

3. Any good tips?

I'm bringing my fully charged DS with harvest moon, pokemon MD: BRT, and probly AC.
Some Dew and some sort of chips as well.

Thanks for the advice, sorry for being lame.

I also meant to mention I'll be at the BB in Kingston, MA

I was thinking of going to the Best buy in Cambridge, (its near my office, that has a shower and food).
Your Idea about Kingston is interesting to me, perhaps it might be better (I mean no offence in saying this) to go out to the boon-docks rather than the geek tech hub that is Kendall sq. :)
As far as tips go, I have only camped out at a store once.
I got up @ 5am the day the PSP was launched, drove to the bestbuy in Norwood (I was working for Turbine at the time) and sat in my car listening to howard stern.
The folks at best buy gave us all tickets with numbers on them, there was some order to things, and no one was rude.
The Wii might be a different story.
If you want some company on the line in Kingston I would be up for it I have my DS as well....christ i thought this would all stop when I turned 30....but here we are!

Do you guys think it is necessary to camp for the wii....aren't there supposed to be a ton of them available. 4million iirc.

Honestly who knows, I would never put it past Bestbuy, Circuit City, EB, or Gamestop to hold off on letting out all the systems they have.
Remember launch days are nothing but marketing pushes, and Nintendo would like nothing better than tons of news stories about how people can't find Wii's, I am sure that the above companies would be more than willing to help with that.

heh after my last post, I think I am going to pass on a Wii at launch. With the games coming out for the 360 and DS soon I will have my hands full.
Best of luck to you all, I hope camping out results in a Wii for all.

Hell yes.

Funny story, two of my friends were camping out at the Framingham Best Buy for a Gamecube back at that launch, and were towards the back of a large line. Eventually, they opened up, and after a bit of waiting, one of them got bored, hopped in the car, drove down the street to Target, bought a Gamecube at I guess an empty neighboring store, drove back, and walked up to him with it. I don't remember if they actually stayed at Best Buy to get another one, but good times nonetheless.

But yes. Framingham for Wii. Shall be awesome. What time do you guys think you'll start lining up?

Yes, I too was wondering what's a good time to show up. I was thinking 1am-2am. The 19th is a Sunday. So is Best Buy opening at normal BB hours? Are they even gonna have it on Sunday? I thought things came out on one day but not in stores till the next. Maybe that's just games.

Thanks for that info. I hope they do something with tickets this time too.

Most of the time the Tuesday/Wednesday rule is true.
Nintendo likes to release things on a sunday for some reason they have done this with the GB-SP, DS-Lite, and now I guess the Wii.
1am or 2am sounds like a good idea, just make sure you bring enough to do until BB opens @ 11am.

Well I'll have my DS with Pokemon MD: BRT, Harvest Moon, Animal Crossing and I should be picking up Cooking Mama, Contact, Yoshi's Island2, Final Fantasy 3 by then. I hope I love my Wii as much as my DS.

Anyone know if they'll open earlier? I'll ask when i use my first GGC on Shadow of Colossus on Monday.

Also, where's the best place to get a good back up battery?

I don't think your gonna need to. They should be everywhere! Unless you are just doing it for the good cold fun! :drool:

I'm passing on the Wii this year, but for anyone wondering/worrying about riots at Best Buy on Launch Day right at store open...don't. Sure, here or there you'll encounter a minor scuffle based on some ****ers trying to get 'cute' and 'meet' their 'friend' who's tenth in line, but there is NO WAY that Best Buy or any other retail store is going to allow for any sort of 'stampede scenario'. No. Way.

That said, some people might be willing to try some sort of trickery once in the store to ensure that they get their system sooner or can get to the games/accessories that they know will sell out the soonest. But once you get in the store and have your 'golden ticket', put it in your pocket and you'll be good.

The long sprint back to your car, though...just kidding. But please, be aware of shady types looming in the shadows. S*** happens every launch (although it's going to be an exponentially higher risk for those getting PS3s...glad I'm not going to be one of 'em).

P.S. This is just me, but if I were linesitting for the Wii, I'd get there no later than 8 hours before store opening, and even that might not be enough. It seems like every launch, especially in our eBay age, the stakes keep going up. There were many places where you were S.O.L. on the 360 if you weren't in line by noon the day before (and we're not talking about Midnight Openings, but instead 8 or 9 A.M. the next morning).

EDIT: P.P.S. And just like the inevitable shortages every launch, you're going to hear dozens of people with the 'no worries, man' attitude. They also seem to be the people perplexed when they walk up to a line a city block long when they arrive two hours before store open (very 'Eric Cartman' of them). Don't listen to them. They don't really know what they're talking about. Err on the side of Caution. Better safe than...you get the idea.

EDIT 2: Electric Bogaloo: Here's an even better idea: just preorder at a gaming store as soon as they start taking them. Call, get your name and number on their pre-preorder list and be ready to get there ASAP when the call comes.

I don't want this thread to die for some reason. I started back at TRU today. Got about 25 or so calls about preorders. It was fun, I really do like working in the r zone. So as things are going I'll definitely be camping out at Best Buy. From what I've seen around the net there could be upwards of 60 or so Wiis at a lot of stores. Plus if there's supposed to be 4 million by Christmas, I don't really think camping out will be necessary.
I'm still gonna do it just for fun though. :D

I wanna figure out how many points I'll get for buying
1 Wii
1 Twilight Princess
1 Other Game
I forget how the point system works and I don't know how much all that'll be.
250 + 50 + 50 I figure. (no tax in that equation)

Sadly the list of games I was going to bring for my DS is dwindled. I'll definitely have pokemon blue dungeon and harvest moon. Mountain Dew Chips hanging out all night with my friends, sounds like a good night. Also depending on how many people show up, FRISBEE.

So I'll be at Best Buy probably a little before midnight, Steve Zissou hat and ALL! :cold: (it's seriously gonna be so cold)

I've begun to seriously think about where I want to camp for the Wii. I live in Sudbury, MA. It boarders on Framingham, so I'm thinking I should go to the Best Buy there. However, the Best Buy at the Solomon Pond Mall isn't quite as busy, so that's a possibility. But if they allocate consoles by popularity of store locations, then the Framingham store will get more consoles than the Solomon Pond one, so the Framingham one might be the better choice.

In short, which one should I go to, and when should I plan on getting there? Are there other stores near me that might be serious options?

I've been back working at the kingston TRU for a week now. I heard that there will be plenty of Wii's to go around there. The Nintendo rep came in and said there shouldn't be that much a problem getting one before XMAS. My friends are gonna be at the BB at the mall with a grill, so I may stop by and hang but not all night.

Target in Framingham. 60 Wiis up for grabs, and hopefully I can get a hold of one of them.

There's a Wii on display at the Best Buy in Framingham. Why do they taunt me so???

I live in Newton, but I don't think i'll be camping out for the Wii. If I do, it will be for the ps3 at the Best Buy in Watertown.

i've changed my mind...

im rolling into BB in marlboro (aka solomon pond) about 2 hours before they open. as far as i know, they open at 10, so that makes it a fairly reasonable 8. i will have a quad venti 2% latte in hand. :)

i really doubt camping out is necessary. too many systems on the market.

if i miss out, then over to the target right down the road...

if i strike out on that, then fuck it - im going to hawaii for 2 weeks after thanksgiving, so ill pick one up when i get back.

Already about 100 people lined up at the Landmark Best Buy. Looks like I'm going to have to go to Circuit City...

so i have wussed out.

decided im way too tired to get up early.

all the local midnight sales are sold out.

no wii for me. :(

im hoping to score one possibly later this week. anyone know what days BB gets new inventory?

[quote name='Frogger']so i have wussed out.

decided im way too tired to get up early.

all the local midnight sales are sold out.

no wii for me. :(

im hoping to score one possibly later this week. anyone know what days BB gets new inventory?[/QUOTE]

I second this...I want a Wii now and When are the second shipments!!

I actually went to NYC for the Times Square opening sale but didnt buy one there.

I got my Wii at FYE, Yay! for June Preorders working.

Also managed to find

2 extra Wiimotes
2 extra Nunchuks
1 Classic Controller
1 Points Card

Still looking for a fourth set of controllers, pain in the ass to find

Games:
Zelda
Trauma Center
Red Steel
Rayman Raving Rabbids
Excite Truck