Wii christmas present ideas

dubbfoolio

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I don't have a Wii so I could use some advice from CAGs. I'm looking for a $20 > Wii game for a friend of mine and his wife. Neither of them are particularly good at games (and this is why reviews aren't that helpful) and it would need to be a somewhat casual experience with some sort of multiplayer. He's more into shooters and stuff, she's more into wii sports. I tried to snag Boom Blox at target for black friday but to no avail. Here are some cheap games from gamefly I was thinking of, what do you think?

Nights
Sega Superstar Tennis
Simpsons
Rockstar Presents Table Tennis
Harvey Birdman
Bomberman Land
Super Swing Golf
Blast Works
Mercury Meltdown

Last edited by a moderator:
cool. looking at the 1up and IGN reviews this one looks ideal thanks. I was a little on the fence about buying a used game as a gift too. this way I can buy it new.

[quote name='lilboo']The only good game on that list is Mercury Meltdown[/quote]

wow that's harsh. I've enjoyed the 360 counterparts of some of these but I'm sure a lot is lost in the translation to the wii. heard good things about blast works but it's too hardcore a title. I'm going to take your guys advice and buy mercury meltdown. Thanks! it's only like $18 shipped from deep discount dvd.

:lol: How was it harsh? Most of the budget shit on Wii sucks anyway. If you buy ANY of those games, make sure they are either free or UNDER $10. (Except for Mercury Meltdown, thats OK at $18)

[quote name='lilboo']:lol: How was it harsh? Most of the budget shit on Wii sucks anyway. If you buy ANY of those games, make sure they are either free or UNDER $10. (Except for Mercury Meltdown, thats OK at $18)[/quote]

yeah they're almost all $9 from gamefly ;) but I feel a little guilty buying something used for a gift. mercury meltdown looks like a winner although I was damn tempted at giving them the $9 Sega Tennis and crossing them off my list haha.

I say get the beautiful Retro games they have on their Wii Shop Channel. Usually budget games suck, except for those that were originally at a high price for a long time, such as No More Heroes.

Maybe Umbrella Chronicles, its a rail shooter but its killing zombies...so there is gore involved. It's not $20 or less but I recommend it anyhow :s

bread's done
Back