Wii Component Cables- 19.90

[quote name='gkrykewy']Yes, this has been confirmed. But probably just with GC games - not Wii games.[/quote]
Will there be a slot on the Wii to plug in the Wavebird sensor or will that be built in?

[quote name='gkrykewy']Nintendo was reluctant to sell COMPONENT cables in stores. Unfortunately, the VGA cable isn't going to happen. There was apparently some quote from Iwata long ago promising the ability to connect a Wii to a monitor, but there hasn't been a peep since. VGA cable isn't going to happen.[/QUOTE]

Ah, thanks. That's probably what I was remembering.

Sucks for folks who don't have component on their monitors, I guess ;)

[quote name='kenbo506']Will there be a slot on the Wii to plug in the Wavebird sensor or will that be built in?[/QUOTE]

There are 4 Gamecube controller ports under a door on the top of the system. The wavebird sensor will stick out.

oh wow so my Wii wont have any component cables? that sucks.
yeah let me know if its 19.90 for the nintendo cable. i have $20 dollar credit from Overstock from their coupon fiasco a few months ago

[quote name='kenbo506']Will there be a slot on the Wii to plug in the Wavebird sensor or will that be built in?[/QUOTE]

No. Wavebird connectors are plugged into a PS3 slot.

[quote name='vanbeast']I think I read that they are going to release a VGA cable, but I can't confirm that. I'm sure someone else knows.[/QUOTE]

The only thing I've heard that even resembles this is when people keep confusing the Japanese DVI cable for VGA.

And yes, I know $30 at BB means $25. ;)

component can be turned into a 15-pin d-sub with nothing more than soldering (or a pre-made adapter).

EDIT: Nevermind, didn't think this through

[quote name='dongle']component can be turned into a 15-pin d-sub with nothing more than soldering (or a pre-made adapter).[/quote]

Sure can, but don't expect a picture on your display. VGA is an RGB signal, component is a color difference signal. 100% incompatible. You need a transcoder to convert between them.

[quote name='Doom5']Sure can, but don't expect a picture on your display. VGA is an RGB signal, component is a color difference signal. 100% incompatible. You need a transcoder to convert between them.[/quote]

Blah I didn't know that component wasn't RGB. I stupidly made an assumption based on an existing standard that involved three channels. Yeah, YUV won't work in a d-sub port :/ Sorry for the bad information :(

while I'm not a fan of Pelican for other accesories they manufactured in the past, cables are cables. And of all the accesories you should be able to buy with any level of confidence is cables. It's wire attached to a lead with an outer casing. Unless your cable has exposed and frayed wire running through it a game console isn't really going to hit you real hard at a 6 foot length if you go with 3rd party. Unless there's manufacturing defects in the cable, you have to have a 30-40 ft cable before you'd really start to notice any difference. Anyone telling you different is an anal videophile who's only comfortable in their own home theater.

[quote name='ajservo1']Unless there's manufacturing defects in the cable, you have to have a 30-40 ft cable before you'd really start to notice any difference. Anyone telling you different is an anal videophile who's only comfortable in their own home theater.[/QUOTE]

Not true with analog cables. Analog cables can suffer from interference problems if they are poorly shielded.

[quote name='ajservo1']while I'm not a fan of Pelican for other accesories they manufactured in the past, cables are cables. And of all the accesories you should be able to buy with any level of confidence is cables. It's wire attached to a lead with an outer casing. Unless your cable has exposed and frayed wire running through it a game console isn't really going to hit you real hard at a 6 foot length if you go with 3rd party. Unless there's manufacturing defects in the cable, you have to have a 30-40 ft cable before you'd really start to notice any difference. Anyone telling you different is an anal videophile who's only comfortable in their own home theater.[/quote]

yes and no. higher quality cables suppress noise better and result in better picture. cheaper cables tend to have looser tolerance in the connectors, or poor to no shielding, or less conductive materials, depending what kind of cable it is and what it does.

how much better is in the eye of the beholder, though.

bottom line, i wouldn't worry if folks want to spend more or less on cables. it's really up to you as a user what you're going to be happy with in the long run anyways.

This product is not yet released, and is expected to ship on 02/15/2007**. This date is subject to change. In order to assure you receive Overstock.com's low price on this item, your credit card will be charged upon order placement. The item will ship immediately upon release.

i dont know if anyone saw this... its a good price...if you wanna wait a few months for it...

bread's done
Back