Wii Component Cables: 8.75 @ ....monoprice?!?!?

Monoprice does indeed rule! I ordered one of the wii component cables, 2 6ft HDMI cables, and a optical audio cable, all for about $25 total - shipped. I ordered it all on a Thursday, and recieved it on the following Saturday. Awesome turn around, prompt e-mail updated, great company! I haven't gotten a chance to test the cable just yet as I just moved into a new place, but I'll post an update soon.

I know most people love monoprice, and they are pretty much the best deal you can find for cables, but I had a question about the quality. For those of you that have purchased several cables from this company how has the quality of the cable itself been? I know I can't expect too much for such a fantastic price, but I was just curious. Thanks.

[quote name='icedout297']I know most people love monoprice, and they are pretty much the best deal you can find for cables, but I had a question about the quality. For those of you that have purchased several cables from this company how has the quality of the cable itself been? I know I can't expect too much for such a fantastic price, but I was just curious. Thanks.[/quote]

quality is good or even better than the stuff you get at retail stores. thick wires and the materials they use are the same as any cable in a regular electronics store. their cheapest cables are just as good as the expensive stuff in B&M stores. the only difference is that they lack the fancy useless packaging. i ordered component, optical and HDMI cables from them and they work fine. no problems at all.

the guys at AVSForums also give them excellent reviews.

[quote name='icedout297']I know most people love monoprice, and they are pretty much the best deal you can find for cables, but I had a question about the quality. For those of you that have purchased several cables from this company how has the quality of the cable itself been? I know I can't expect too much for such a fantastic price, but I was just curious. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

No, the quality of the cables is excellent. If that wasn't the case, there'd be a vocal minority of people on here who'd derail every thread talking about how badly the cables suck. But... they don't. The cables are actually very good quality.

Thank you for the thread, reminded me I needed to order my HDMI cable this morning before 11 so they'd ship out today.

as for quality, the hdmi cbles ive ordered have been far superior in appearance to the naeme brand $70 cables i picked up in store. they were of course returned. seriously, dont sweat buykng their stuff, its all kickass.

Thanks, never heard of this site but I'll be getting some of the wii component cables when they are back in stock.

Monoprice fucking rules... I can vouch for the HDMI cables, I ordered one and love it. Another thing to note is their speaker stands.. they're practically the same thing you'd pay $70 at CC or BB for.

Also, if you're setting up a home theatre system.. check them out for banana plugs and speaker wire. Just as good quality as Monster, at a fraction of the cost.

Everything I've ever ordered from Monoprice has been top quality at a fraction of retail cost. I hope they are around for a long, long time. Buy with confidence.

My next purchase from there will probably be an HDMI switcher. .

the shielding and build of the component cables I purchased (just regs, like for a dvd player) was actually too good.

the casing of the connection was just a hair too thick to fit on my tv! :D lol - I don't anticipate anyone having that problem though, it was my first return with monoprice after several orders. And yes, the return was handled smoothly, although I did have to pay for the shipping.

I have ordered cables for my monitor and home theater and they are amazing. The price and shipping have been very fast. I showed several folks at work their site and they have great things to say as well.

bread's done
Back