wii component cables $9.49 or $12.99

ig88vsbobafett

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
UPDATE i ordered the 23rd and got it today the 25th (i ordered from the website and not ebay)

Also i noticed he upped the price on his website but ebays can be had cheaper now

OK Now they Lowered the price back down to $9.49 again

http://www.penguinunited.com/

Or

http://stores.ebay.com/PenguinUnited-DotCom-Gaming

I found them on ebay

I ordered yesterday and it shipped today via priority mail with tracking #

I ordered the cheaper one for $14.05 shipped

They look just like the React ones Best Buy Sells for $25

2_ebay.jpg

I guess there made by ASiD TECH Frys.com sells them foe $39.99

http://shop4.outpost.com/{M1pxumSow...ub2LA8tQA**.node2?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Bestbuy.ca sells them for $49.99ca http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0926INGFS10083306&catid=24356#
5091485.big.jpg

[quote name='deserteagle1237']Do gold cables make a big difference?[/QUOTE]

They do provide a superior connection, and more importantly (if you own expensive equipment) they are very resistant to corrosion. That said, nah ya dun really need them to hook a Wii up to a TV or an AV receiver. It's more for marketing than for functionality here.

[quote name='dragn018']Thanks OP, I'm trying to get some off the ebay site for 8.49+tax+shipping = $15.24[/QUOTE]

Just but them from his site there cheaper (his shipping is more from ebay) $4 compared to $6)

[quote name='deserteagle1237']Ok, my Wii is literally a few inches away from the ports, so I dont think I'll need them.[/QUOTE]

You're not still using the cables that came with the Wii are you? What he meant is that gold-plated component cables aren't different from silver-plated component cables. However, the difference between component cables (these) and composite cables (one that come with Wii) is significant.

Any good reviews of these? I still have yet to buy component cables for my Wii due to laziness and playing PS3 too much.

Ordered from the penguin united site. $17.54 shipped. Good deal to me, I hope they are of a good quality. Will post impressions when they arrive. :)

[quote name='k9homan']How about these for $13.50 shipped?

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-10z-49-en-70-1rch.html[/QUOTE]

I did a double blind ABX comparison with a set of official wii component cables and found no discernible difference between the play asia cables.

Definitely worth paying $20+ less for the Chinese cables unless you have money to burn...but then why would you be on cheapassgamer? ;)

Great buy for only $13.50 shipped vs. $33+ for official cables.

[quote name='deserteagle1237']Do gold cables make a big difference?[/QUOTE]
ABSOLUTELY NOT
What you're buying isn't gold, its gold foil-stamping. The sales push behind this is that gold is softer and therefore more conducive to electricity, it doesn't matter since the cheap tin is still underneath. As another poster mentioned the gold is also more resistant to corrosion, well unless you live near the ocean this is pointless. I live in MN which is plenty humid during the summer and completey dry in the winter and have never had any problems with any cable corroding unless a cat peed on it or something.

I make my own cables for anything non-propietary and buy the cheapest components possible. I'm a very finiky musician and I have done A/B tests with my cheap cables and Monster Cables (as well as various other brands of overpriced cables) and the signal degredation over a span of anything less than 20ft. is so minimal it isn't even funny. Cables are the highest margin product in most any store and that's why they will nail you on the cost everytime. Don't even get me started on the $100+ Monster HDMI cables. Those make me want to set people on fire with my mind.

[quote name='the ender']Ordered from the penguin united site. $17.54 shipped. Good deal to me, I hope they are of a good quality. Will post impressions when they arrive. :)[/quote]

They arrived a few days ago, and after plugging them in, the difference is very noticeable. It looks great, although it makes me really wish that the Wii could push 1080p. Ah well. The quality is good, they seem sturdy. No loose ends, no weak spots. They appear as good or better than the $50-60 ones that Best Buy offers.

Order with confidence, these are a good deal.

[quote name='nasum']ABSOLUTELY NOT
What you're buying isn't gold, its gold foil-stamping. The sales push behind this is that gold is softer and therefore more conducive to electricity, it doesn't matter since the cheap tin is still underneath. As another poster mentioned the gold is also more resistant to corrosion, well unless you live near the ocean this is pointless. I live in MN which is plenty humid during the summer and completey dry in the winter and have never had any problems with any cable corroding unless a cat peed on it or something.

I make my own cables for anything non-propietary and buy the cheapest components possible. I'm a very finiky musician and I have done A/B tests with my cheap cables and Monster Cables (as well as various other brands of overpriced cables) and the signal degredation over a span of anything less than 20ft. is so minimal it isn't even funny. Cables are the highest margin product in most any store and that's why they will nail you on the cost everytime. Don't even get me started on the $100+ Monster HDMI cables. Those make me want to set people on fire with my mind.[/quote]

Dude, thanks for the awesome post, agree with you 100%

Unless you got cash to burn, i don't see any reason to get the monster brand cables. However, i was told that on the monster cable, the color black is really black, not some "grey" black. Okay... Maybe that makes some sense, but still, will i want to spend the extra just to "ooh ahhh" on the black screen before a movie starts? Seriously, if you're not watching the movie in near total darkness, you won't notice the difference at all.

As for the component over composite, dudes and ladies, you gotta use component!!! After playing GC games via Wii (component), i'm not going back to GC (composite still). Trust me, you'll see the difference... Oh, i used the $13ish shipped component from Play-Asia, one of the best deal i'll remember for a long times. The quality of the display i enjoyed from the $13 buck component is priceless.

I wish I had seen this thread before ordering off of play-asia last night. Penguin United is just 10 minutes away from my house. :(

ok, with my ps2 running through component, a lot of the games look EXTREMELY jagged.
Will this be the case with non-480p gamecube and wii games?

[quote name='arthurRWD']ok, with my ps2 running through component, a lot of the games look EXTREMELY jagged.
Will this be the case with non-480p gamecube and wii games?[/QUOTE]

Actually, 480p games tend to look jaggier than 480i games (since the picture is clearer).

I stopped by penguin united's headquarters today (ended up being a residental area) I purchased their basic wii component cable. The cables are solid and not cheap feeling. Richard, the person in charge even gave me a fifty cent discount. :D

[quote name='arthurRWD']ok, with my ps2 running through component, a lot of the games look EXTREMELY jagged.
Will this be the case with non-480p gamecube and wii games?[/quote]

I haven't seen the gamecube on component But the PS2 looks VERY bad on component. Only 3% or some low percentage of all PS2 games are programmed for HD.

PS2 on component needs a pretty hefty dose of TV calibration to soften the image and give it an airbrushed playmate of the month quality. That's the limitation of 6 year old technology I suppose.

[quote name='Popnmusic']I stopped by penguin united's headquarters today (ended up being a residental area) I purchased their basic wii component cable. The cables are solid and not cheap feeling. Richard, the person in charge even gave me a fifty cent discount. :D[/QUOTE]
Richard is a great guy. Havent met him in person but he sent me extra cables for review

bread's done
Back