Wii component ?

[quote name='CGH']Say I play my gamecube games on wii with a component cable will the games display in true component?[/QUOTE]

If by that you mean, in progressive scan, yes, if the Gamecube game supported progressive scan it will play in progressive scan on the Wii when used with component cable. You get the dialog that pops up asking if you want to turn on progressive scan.

Battles can be played using Multi-Card Play or Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection and, if only one player has a game card, using DS Download Play. Players pit their Custom Robos against one another in fast-paced, melee-style combat. Each Robo can be outfitted with different parts, from arm-mounted guns and bomb launchers to specialized pod weapons that have their own unique behaviors. Some pods pursue the opponent, while others lie in wait for the enemy to draw near.

^??? I've got Custom Robo on the Gamecube so I can get my fix there.

Anyway, wish there was a cheap way to connect a Wii to a HD monitor. I don't feel like spending $40 for that Wii2HDMI adapter.

I'll look into component to VGA adapter if that's the case. I don't care if I can't get 480p. I'll probably play far enough from my monitor to be unable to tell the difference between 480p and 480i.

There are A/V to component cables on Amazon for less than 5 bucks. I got mine 2 weeks ago and they make a noticable difference if:

1. You have a HDTV
2. On the Wii, switch from 480i to 480p

I don't know about GC games but the newer Wii games look better if supported (Zelda TP, SMG). RE4 wii edition looks the same b/c its an older title, that I know for sure. Wii Mario Kart looks a little bit better. With component, the graphics are just more crisp and colors more vibrant.

Just got a Nyko component cable, hopefully that will be good enough/quality cable. Got it at a Sears that was converting to a Kmart.

Whatever cable you use, look closely at the screen when you use it, see if there is any very fine 'grayish' dots jumping around and spread all over the screen. This would mean the cables aren't shielded enough (I had this with a cheap cable I bought).

Monoprice has cheap Wii component cables if that is what you are looking for, they have a couple different kinds and should be around $5 with shipping. Look under the Wii section or game section.

I am tempted to grab one off monoprice bit quality can be spotty. Anyone have one they can comment on? Gamestop was trying to push me hard on the Madcatz gamestop universal ones but i heard they are horrible :|

bread's done
Back