Wii Connect24: Worth it?

pianoman3284

CAGiversary!
So I finally got my Wii running online since having it on launch day, and left the Wii Connect 24 option on last night. When I woke up, the system was pretty warm, which then I turned off the Wii Connect option. What do you guys think? Is this normal? Is it harmful? Is Wii Connect worth it? I don't want to risk my system over heating. Thanks!

I ended up cutting standby off, for the same reason.

I personally don't think it's worth it. Not yet, anyway. Messages from Nintendo are sporadic, and even when they do come, they're usually not really worthwhile (if there's some major update, it'll be posted here immediately after anyway).

It might be worth it when Smash comes around and we have new worthwhile content to download every single day, but for now, just seems like needlessly keeping the box warm.

Yep, I cut of standby as I didn't like it getting hot especially with the feature is pretty useless at this point anyway and me using the Wii so rarely anyway.

If it becomes more useful down the road, I'll turn it back on.

Do you have all the latest updates? It doesn't get nearly as warm anymore since one of the recent patches.

I checked my router's log, and the Wii (in standby mode) connects about once every ten minutes. Which is overkill, imho. They should make that configurable.

I leave it on myself, nothing better than being woken up by the "Blue Va-Jay-Jay" letting you know you have a cool new system update!

I was kinda sharing the same thoughts. I haven't seen any major updates that occur frequently listed here. Thanks for you thoughts on this.

[quote name='Puffa469']Depends on what color LED you like better, red or orange.[/quote]Right now, I prefer red. There's not really any reason to leave it in standby mode...yet.

[quote name='MisterHand']I leave it on myself, nothing better than being woken up by the "Blue Va-Jay-Jay" letting you know you have a cool new system update![/QUOTE]The Blue Vajay-jay, huh? I can roll with that.

I leave mine on all the time. Until I hear about some problems with the Wii, or Nintendo's version of Microsoft's RROD, I am not worried about it.

Plus I also enjoy pulsing blue light Va J J.

I message my friends a lot through the Wii, especially now that the USB keyboard works with it. For me, it's worth keeping on.

I leave mine on. It gets slightly warm, but nowhere near the temperature that I'd think it was really going to mess up.

bread's done
Back