Wii "Digital Arcade Stick" - $38.95 at Overstock (Hori?)

nice!

I want Wii to be the next Dreamcast! bring those shmups and fighters!!

edit: shipping was only $2.95!

nice again!

[quote name='Gosha']Besides Guilty Gear, what would this be good for?[/QUOTE]

Smash and they have been putting out some shmups on the VC

[quote name='Gosha']Besides Guilty Gear, what would this be good for?[/quote]

Pokemon Battle Coliseum.

well like I said, we gotta hope Wii becomes like the Dreamcast

I'ma throw a bitch fit if that Radilgy / Karous / Chaos Field collection dont come to US

[quote name='62t']Castle Shikigami 3 would be a good game when it get a US release.[/quote]

This looks like it will also be useful for a lot of Virtual Console games especially the SHMUPS and beat em ups and fighters.

[quote name='DavidDayton']Just noticed this over at Overstock.com

http://www.overstock.com/Books-Movi...al-Arcade-Stick/2552172/product.html#moreinfo

It looks like it's the Hori one, but I can't tell from the description -- could be some cheap knockoff instead. This appears to be about $11 less than everywhere else. Searched on the forum but couldn't find a link to this particular offer.[/QUOTE]
Yes, that is a Hori. If it was a knock off, it wouldnt be able to use the Wii logo.

I've had mine for about a month. Too busy to post a review on it.

It's great for all of the shooters, NeoGeo games, KoF 94 and SFII on the VC. It's a great arcade stick.

[quote name='Ronin317']It should also work nicely for all the GC fighters...Soul Calibur, MvC2, CvS2:EO, etc.[/quote]

Are you sure? I thought it worked by plugging in to the Wii remote, making it usable only on Wii/VC games.

Anyway, I bought one. Thank you OP, I've been wanting to buy this and almost paid $50 for it!

[quote name='gamegirl79']Are you sure? I thought it worked by plugging in to the Wii remote, making it usable only on Wii/VC games.

Anyway, I bought one. Thank you OP, I've been wanting to buy this and almost paid $50 for it![/quote]

Gamecube games can only be played with a gamecube controller, so you're correct. this is not a gamecube controller as far as i know

Does anyone know if the joystick in this unit functions only as the joypad of the classic controller, or if it can double as the analog? For that matter, are the buttons remappable at all?

[quote name='smoger']Gamecube games can only be played with a gamecube controller, so you're correct. this is not a gamecube controller as far as i know[/quote]
That's the main reason I haven't wanted to pick this up. Is there an arcade stick for Gamecube of similar quality to this?

[quote name='tankexmortis']That's the main reason I haven't wanted to pick this up. Is there an arcade stick for Gamecube of similar quality to this?[/quote]

I have this for Gamecube. It's a pretty decent stick. I don't remember which online retailer I got it from, so you'll have to look around.

[quote name='Junior Asparagus']I have this for Gamecube. It's a pretty decent stick. I don't remember which online retailer I got it from, so you'll have to look around.[/quote] Well it's ugly as hell, but other than that it seems like roughly the same controller, but for Gamecube. Sadly I can't find it for less than 60 bucks. I guess I might have to settle for the Wii version.

Also, to those that order this: remember that you can get free shipping by using one of the links on the front page of CAG. Also it looks like you could get it for a few cents cheaper (including shipping) by using the buy.com/Google Checkout $10 off deal.

bread's done
Back