WII & DS @ GameStop-$50 Credit for GC Trade-In on Wii and $50 Trade-In GBA on DS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxybeles

CAGiversary!
Weekly Ad Specials - Jan. 21-28
Looking to part with some old hardware or perhaps add to your GameBoy collection? Starting this Sunday, January 21, these great offers will begin at your local GameStop:

* Earn a $50 credit towards the purchase of a new Wii system when you trade-in your old GameCube
* Earn $50 towards a new or used Nintendo DS when you trade-in your GBA SP.
* Receive 10% Off when you buy 2 or more Used GameCube, GameBoy Advance, GameBoy Color or GameBoy games. Use coupon code: NINFSI for online purchases. Contact your local GameStop for in-store availability.

These offers expire January 28. Trade-In offers are only valid in stores. Check out the Weekly Ad for additional specials.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/weeklyad/current/012107/GS_01-21_Page2.asp

ugh, why not $50 for a fat DS towards a DS lite? Well, as long as they get DS lites in stock, I'll be happy.

I wonder if they'd give me $50 for my Cube if I traded it in toward a DS...

Now that I have a Wii I have no use for my old Cube.

[quote name='Apossum']ugh, why not $50 for a fat DS towards a DS lite? Well, as long as they get DS lites in stock, I'll be happy.[/quote]The DS Phat sells for over $100 on eBay. Why trade it in for $50?

A GBA SP is worth $20 or less nowadays, so this is a really good deal...

I have to imagine this trade would work toward a DS Lite... since they aren't producing the old DS's anymore (therefore, how would you get an old DS "new" for this trade-in???)

I'll call to make sure, but I'm ALL OVER this deal!!!

THANKS!!!

[quote name='daroga']The DS Phat sells for over $100 on eBay. Why trade it in for $50?[/quote]

They sell for $100 on ebay?!?! So I could sell my old fatty (used) for $100 right now?!?!!? IS THIS TRUE?!?! :joystick: WHY THE HELL HAVEN'T I DONE THIS YET?!?!?

If this had shown up yesterday during 20 cent listing day, I could have listed my DS with box and traded in my GBA (would have given me the reason I'm waiting on to sell Pac Man Vs. and FF: CC too) to get a Lite for $80 and profit off the Phat. But now I will wait.

Can't be without Phoenix Wright for multiple days.

[quote name='guynextshore']Nice...
Now one just needs to find a wii in stock @ gs/eb.

good luck to that![/quote]

Not to thread crap (as the GBA/DS deal is awesome) but the Cube/Wii deal is lousy. Better to sell the Cube on eBay and then buy it at Circuit City (in stock on Sunday the 21st) with the $40 off $200 "welcome to the neighborhood" coupon.

So if they don't have a Wii in stock, then they would presumably have to just give you $50 in credit; do they have any way of making sure you use this on a Wii in the future?

[quote name='daroga']The DS Phat sells for over $100 on eBay. Why trade it in for $50?[/QUOTE]

mine wouldn't. it's in rough shape.

[quote name='Genocidal']So if they don't have a Wii in stock, then they would presumably have to just give you $50 in credit; do they have any way of making sure you use this on a Wii in the future?[/QUOTE]

I want to know the answer to this one too. Anyone ever done one of these hardware trade in deals when they don't have the hardware you want in stock? Do they just refuse the deal, or give you the $50 credit for whatever you want to use it on?

is that 10% off for used GC games stackable?

If so, use this deal, plus the Edge/More card, and the coupon in this months Game Informer magazine for a combined 30% of used GC games.

Hot.

How much would EB give me for the gameboy player that's bolted to the bottom of my cube? I paid 50 bucks for that itself. It's probably not compatible with a Wii and it'd be pretty doggone useless without the cube.

source: http://wiki.cheapassgamer.com/index.php/EB_trade_in_values

While it's sad enough that they give you only $50 in this deal for the good ol cube... it's even sadder that without the deal, they'll only give you $25.

Even though I wouldn't really need my cube after getting a Wii... it's hard to give it up for that little. Especially when I know I could easily sell it to someone for $50 myself... and then there's that $40 off coupon from CC.

The GBA SP deal for $50 is decent I suppose... considering it's up from $22. I'm not sure I could get someone to buy it for that. It looks even better when you consider that they currently only give you $28 for the original DS... which is horrible.

[quote name='darkwingduck13']I want to know the answer to this one too. Anyone ever done one of these hardware trade in deals when they don't have the hardware you want in stock? Do they just refuse the deal, or give you the $50 credit for whatever you want to use it on?[/QUOTE]

Im going to try calling up tha store when the deal starts to find out what happens if i trade in my gc and they dont have a wii

so ill let you all know

[quote name='meager']How much would EB give me for the gameboy player that's bolted to the bottom of my cube? I paid 50 bucks for that itself. It's probably not compatible with a Wii and it'd be pretty doggone useless without the cube.[/quote]As long as you have the disc, eBay will give you more than the $50 you spent on it.

If I had a Sp I would definity go for this deal. I have the first GBA and no chance in hell I'm giving that up.

That's definitely YMMV on that one. I traded in my old SP months ago, and the sales clerk just gave me the credit, and I could do whatever I want with it, so try another store or sales clerk if you get rejected the first time.

$50.00 for an SP sounds like a damn good deal.

$50.00 for a Gamecube, not so much. I'm still keeping mine in the hope that I'll someday come across a Gameboy Player.

[quote name='meager']How much would EB give me for the gameboy player that's bolted to the bottom of my cube? I paid 50 bucks for that itself. It's probably not compatible with a Wii and it'd be pretty doggone useless without the cube.[/quote] Dude, are you nuts? Don't trade it in to GameStop/EB Games. Unless you want to play GB/GBC/GBA games on the Cube, you're better off selling it on eBay. The players alone go as high as $125+ due to their availability in stores being nearly non-existant.

That 10% off GCN and GB titles wouldn't be so bad if their online site wasn't so unreliable and if they actually had anything good that wasn't back ordered. Hopefully this deal can be done in stores and is stackable with the Edge Card.

i just spoke with someone at gamestop and he said you 'probably' have to spend the credit on a wii and cant just use it as regular credit. but he wasnt intirely sure since they sell out quickly of the wii. so i would suggestwalking in and asking they'll pob. let you use it on anything........
but that is my opinion

[quote name='fivecardstud']is that 10% off for used GC games stackable?

If so, use this deal, plus the Edge/More card, and the coupon in this months Game Informer magazine for a combined 30% of used GC games.

Hot.[/quote]

I was wondering the same thing if those were stackable.. Someone try n find out, 30% would be sweet. :lol:

That's the worst promotion I've ever seen... $50 trade-in for a Gamecube towards a Wii.

EB / GS barely get Wii's, and when they do, they are instantly gone, and they'll only get them in probably one day out of the week.

What kind of idiot at corporate thought up this plan? I'd definitely trade my GC in for $50 if there was some way to get around the Wii stipulation.

I see lots of people are already thinking like me ;) I hope we figure out a way around this.

Let's not forget, chances are that they won't hold one for you when they do get them in should you try this promotion out. They'll likely have that "first come, first serve" attitude with it.

This would probably be decent if Wiis weren't so hard to come across.

I just went to eb gmaes and I asked about the gba toward a DS lite. He said that iI could not get a raincheck on the DS as they are sold out. Bummer I would not mind paying 80 for a pink DS lite. I'll try a different one in my area. They did have wii's though in thousand oaks , ca

Off the topic. Does walmart accept best buy coupons?

just to give you guys a heads up, eb/gamestop are supposed to have Wiis on Sunday. I work at an EB and we were told to hold our shipment of Wiis all week because there's a Nintendo flyer for our store on Sunday. I -think- Lites might be in stock again as well. We def. got a replenishment on DS games as well (more Squeak squad, etc). I think Nintendo shipments are -supposedly- going to start to be regular now. Christmas exhausted all the supply Nintendo had of Lites (can't blame 'em, we'd get 30 in and within 2 hours they'd be gone during x-mas shopping)

so basically i think this promotion is kinda of alluding to the fact that nintendo is going to get on the ball and having regular shipments again.

Unless EB / GS is going to have Wii's all week and a shipment every day, this promotion will basacially be worthless after Sunday and they sell them all.

I'm just hoping I can find an EB to crack and give me $50 straight up for the Cube.

A few stores were already getting regular weekly shipment of Wii's... I knew TRU has been for awhile now.

Stupid question but I honestly dont know the answer: I have a Wii but will every single one of my GC games play on it? If so I guess I should get rid of the GC.

[quote name='cag1000']Stupid question but I honestly dont know the answer: I have a Wii but will every single one of my GC games play on it? If so I guess I should get rid of the GC.[/quote]

Yes. Every single game should work.

Also, people complaining that $50 is too low for a gamecube, just check Ebay. $50 is a very fair price for a gamecube with one controller and AV/power cables.

Well, I think I did better than this. First of all, I bought a cube for 55 dollars back in 2005 on Ebay (with a memory card). I then traded it in the Gamestop in November during a +20 trade-in sale. Getting 48 bucks for my Cube and a crappy third party controller I never used that came with the system. So I had a Cube for an entire year for a 10 buck loss. Not bad. Then I went to Circuit City and used the 40 dollar off coupon and got a Wii for 210, which, coupled with my GC trade in, gave me a Wii for $162.

Please let the trade in be for a DS lite and not a phatty...

Does anyone know if this is for the DS lite, the phatty ds, or both perhaps?

[quote name='sokmaster']Please let the trade in be for a DS lite and not a phatty...

Does anyone know if this is for the DS lite, the phatty ds, or both perhaps?[/quote]

It's for either of the DS's I think, but your problem will be finding a DS in stock at GS! I was just there today, and the deal would've gone through, but no DS's! They might have more Sunday (the official start of the promotion), so we'll see...

Since most of the stores are already sold out of DS's, and since Nintendo isn't making the fatties anymore, then I'd say this deal is pretty much exclusive to the DS Lites, wouldn't you?

[quote name='iceblast21']It's for either of the DS's I think, but your problem will be finding a DS in stock at GS! I was just there today, and the deal would've gone through, but no DS's! They might have more Sunday (the official start of the promotion), so we'll see...

Since most of the stores are already sold out of DS's, and since Nintendo isn't making the fatties anymore, then I'd say this deal is pretty much exclusive to the DS Lites, wouldn't you?[/quote]
You could always ask for a rain check, someone posted that their local Gamestop would provide a rain check since the DS Lite is rarely in stock.

Question

What do I need to turn in the gamecube for $50? Just the system or all the hookups and one controller, no controller, two, what?

Also If I trade in more than one system, do I have to go to different stores and get $50 at each than go to one and cash all the GC or whatever at once, or are there stipulations? Thanks to anyone who can help me out.

I've been hunting for a DS Lite this week, and I've gotten the quote of February across the board everywhere I go for the timeframe for DS Lites to come back in stock. That's the word from every retail chain I've come across.

[quote name='Kerig']I've been hunting for a DS Lite this week, and I've gotten the quote of February across the board everywhere I go for the timeframe for DS Lites to come back in stock. That's the word from every retail chain I've come across.[/quote]

ughhh, thats the worst news i've heard :( i have been looking for a white ds lite for the past 2 weeks and so far have only stumbled across a pink, and a bundled onyx. trying to get one before i have to go on a business trip the first weeekend of feb. i was hoping that since they are advertising this deal they would have SOME lites in stock...

[quote name='bigl523']ughhh, thats the worst news i've heard :( i have been looking for a white ds lite for the past 2 weeks and so far have only stumbled across a pink, and a bundled onyx. trying to get one before i have to go on a business trip the first weeekend of feb. i was hoping that since they are advertising this deal they would have SOME lites in stock...[/QUOTE]

I was in Costco last week and they had palettes full of them. I thought the "shortage" was over at that point, but I guess I was wrong. I should go back in there and see if they've sold them all - maybe I was just there right when the shipment had come in. I do know that Fry's got some in a few days ago (I only saw 3 pink ones though when I was there late Thursday evening).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back