Wii- Ebay Help

Ike_21

CAG Veteran
What is a good price to sell a wii at a BIN price? Please dont spam, even thought it will happen...

[quote name='Ike_21']Im selling a brand new sealed wii. 2 days LEFT!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320194315954&_trksid=p3907.m32&_trkparms=tab%3DSelling

I will add more video game items later on[/quote]

So you're part of the problem in regards to Wii inflation? Asshole.

I wish some mod on CAG would do something and ban this shit- people flipping Wii's is bad all around...unless you're the asshole profitting off everyone elses loss.

Oh and how they go on and on to justify "why" they screw everyone over. My favorite, in another CAG thread, was someone on here saying "if I didn't do it someone else would" later:"I'm a poor college kid"...er...so? Unfuckingbelievable.

[quote name='meesterjojo']So you're part of the problem in regards to Wii inflation? Asshole.

I wish some mod on CAG would do something and ban this shit- people flipping Wii's is bad all around...unless you're the asshole profitting off everyone elses loss.

Oh and how they go on and on to justify "why" they screw everyone over. My favorite, in another CAG thread, was someone on here saying "if I didn't do it someone else would" later:"I'm a poor college kid"...er...so? Unfuckingbelievable.[/quote]

Settle down.. :lol:

[quote name='TehMuff1nM4n']Settle down.. :lol:[/quote]
Sorry, it really tees me off.

I had an unopened Xbox 360 on release day. Wireless adapter, Quake 4, Perfect Dark LE, wireless recharge kit.

Got busy with work at the time, and the stuff sat unopened for 3 or so months. Early the next year I sold the whole lot at-cost, making back exactly what I paid, and not a penny more.

I could have made a small fortune off that bundle, if you'll recall 360 were very, very hard to find- people paying much more than they are now for Wii's, but I didn't: It's dishonest, it contributes to a problem, and I guess I just place more importance on certain values than these people.

Regardless, it IS a problem- people DO want Wii's, and people like this are holding the whole market hostage. CAG is supporting this by allowing/encouraging these people to continue promoting their overpriced Wii's.

All I'm suggesting is someone here take some control, make a stand which helps the gaming community by cutting their posts.

i bought 3 wii's from the same store off the electric internet. i sleep well at night, knowing my back account is full of cash.

[quote name='meesterjojo']Sorry, it really tees me off.

I had an unopened Xbox 360 on release day. Wireless adapter, Quake 4, Perfect Dark LE, wireless recharge kit.

Got busy with work at the time, and the stuff sat unopened for 3 or so months. Early the next year I sold the whole lot at-cost, making back exactly what I paid, and not a penny more.

I could have made a small fortune off that bundle, if you'll recall 360 were very, very hard to find- people paying much more than they are now for Wii's, but I didn't: It's dishonest, it contributes to a problem, and I guess I just place more importance on certain values than these people.

Regardless, it IS a problem- people DO want Wii's, and people like this are holding the whole market hostage. CAG is supporting this by allowing/encouraging these people to continue promoting their overpriced Wii's.

All I'm suggesting is someone here take some control, make a stand which helps the gaming community by cutting their posts.[/quote]

That makes no sense saying you did not contribute to the problem. You bought an XBOX 360 at launch and did not use it. It sat at your house for 3 months. Meaning somebody who really wanted a 360 did not have the chance to get one because of you buying the xbox 360 that you never used.

[quote name='meesterjojo']Sorry, it really tees me off.

All I'm suggesting is someone here take some control, make a stand which helps the gaming community by cutting their posts.[/QUOTE]
Thats your decision to let the stuff sit for 3 or so months and than sell it at cost. Its his money, he can do whatever he wants with it. People like you are just bitter because you want one but are unable to find one and dont want to pay the outrageous price. Like someone said above, you held on to an Xbox360 for 3 months and during that 3 months, some else could have benefited from it.

Theres nothing you can do in regards to price. Its called SUPPLY and DEMAND. Take an economics course and you'll know about it.

[quote name='m0dem']That makes no sense saying you did not contribute to the problem. You bought an XBOX 360 at launch and did not use it. It sat at your house for 3 months. Meaning somebody who really wanted a 360 did not have the chance to get one because of you buying the xbox 360 that you never used.[/QUOTE]

Actually it does make sense if he ended up getting busy at work. If he had plans to use it, it makes perfect sense. I'm sure some people like yourself do not understand the importance of getting things done at work before playing video games, but at least this guy that had the Xbox 360 obviously did. While I think it is wrong what these people are doing with the Wii, I also understand that they are the ones going out at like 2-3 am to stores to get the Wii to resell. Also, it is not totally their fault, it is plenty Nintendo's fault. I know they are shorting the market themselves, how hard would it be for them to open 1-2 more factories with all the money they have brought in from the Wii and its games? They don't want to do that yet because they will lose that "I have been everywhere looking for one" feeling from everyone and the people that hear them saying it that puts it in such high demand IMO.

[quote name='IAmTheBiggestInuyashaFan']Actually it does make sense if he ended up getting busy at work. If he had plans to use it, it makes perfect sense. I'm sure some people like yourself do not understand the importance of getting things done at work before playing video games, but at least this guy that had the Xbox 360 obviously did. While I think it is wrong what these people are doing with the Wii, I also understand that they are the ones going out at like 2-3 am to stores to get the Wii to resell. Also, it is not totally their fault, it is plenty Nintendo's fault. I know they are shorting the market themselves, how hard would it be for them to open 1-2 more factories with all the money they have brought in from the Wii and its games? They don't want to do that yet because they will lose that "I have been everywhere looking for one" feeling from everyone and the people that hear them saying it that puts it in such high demand IMO.[/quote]

No if he ended up getting busy at work he should have just returned it to the store and let somebody who really wanted an XBOX 360 have the oppurtunity to have one. The same thing people are doing with the wii is basically the same thing he did with the 360 except make money off of it. And dont tell me I have no idea about importance of getting things done at work.

[quote name='IAmTheBiggestInuyashaFan']Actually it does make sense if he ended up getting busy at work. If he had plans to use it, it makes perfect sense. I'm sure some people like yourself do not understand the importance of getting things done at work before playing video games, but at least this guy that had the Xbox 360 obviously did. While I think it is wrong what these people are doing with the Wii, I also understand that they are the ones going out at like 2-3 am to stores to get the Wii to resell. Also, it is not totally their fault, it is plenty Nintendo's fault. I know they are shorting the market themselves, how hard would it be for them to open 1-2 more factories with all the money they have brought in from the Wii and its games? They don't want to do that yet because they will lose that "I have been everywhere looking for one" feeling from everyone and the people that hear them saying it that puts it in such high demand IMO.[/QUOTE]
And do you know the costs to build a factory, the time to build and finding location? They build 1-2 more factories and they finally meet demand. What are they going to do with those factories when they have finally met demand that 1 factory can now keep up with? They spend all that money to build 1-2 factories that are now useless once demands have been caught up.

You have companies like Sony, MS and other companies selling off factories because it is either outdated or have no need for it anymore.

[quote name='meesterjojo']So you're part of the problem in regards to Wii inflation? Asshole.

Oh and how they go on and on to justify "why" they screw everyone over. My favorite, in another CAG thread, was someone on here saying "if I didn't do it someone else would" later:"I'm a poor college kid"...er...so? Unfuckingbelievable.[/QUOTE]

you do realize college + expenses is a shitload of money... every little bet of extra income is appreciated. Thats why I flipped 6 wiis.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']you do realize college + expenses is a shitload of money... every little bet of extra income is appreciated. Thats why I flipped 6 wiis.[/QUOTE]
O NOES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're going to get the beady eyes!

You should get a slap on the risk cuz its frown upon :lol: . Honestly though, people should stop their whining. If you want a Wii, get up early and buy one. If people can make the effort to wake up, to wait in line to get a Wii, you can make the effort to get in line to buy one for yourself. Honestly, I bet majority of the people were on line to buy it for their loved one instead of hawking it on eBay.

[quote name='meesterjojo']So you're part of the problem in regards to Wii inflation? Asshole.[/quote]
What did he do? He's not asking anyone to spend any specific amount on it. The fact that the forces of supply and demand are compelling people to spend hundreds extra for them on eBay is no one's fault; it's one of the basic principals of economics.

I wish some mod on CAG would do something and ban this shit
Why? For selling something? fuck you.

Oh and how they go on and on to justify "why" they screw everyone over.
People who buy one or two Wiis to flip are not "screwing everyone over," no more than anyone selling anything. Taking advantage of the forces of supply and demand is not wrong, unless you abuse it (like people flipping a dozen Wiis, for instance). One or two is not bad.

It's simple economics...the market supplies the "real price" for the good and not a penny more.

It's not ripping someone off if they pay the price that they are willing to pay for the product.

[quote name='blackjaw']It's simple economics...the market supplies the "real price" for the good and not a penny more.

It's not ripping someone off if they pay the price that they are willing to pay for the product.[/QUOTE]
Exactly.

[quote name='Ike_21']wow tons of responses, yet still no bids[/QUOTE]
Wait until the auction has like 30 mins left. There are like 10 auctions ending every minute. My cousins boyfriend had 3. He started it off at $199. In less than 10 mins left of auction, it went from $199 to $300. By end of auction, it ended around $335-365 for just a new Wii and nothing extra. But the fact that you have 0 feedback and new to eBay, doesnt help. You did however include a picture of the item.

In regards to being pissed off about prices of these Wii's, sellers shouldnt be blamed for it, we're just taking advantage of those stupid eBayers who will pay for outrageous prices. Blame all the soccer moms who will do anything for their spoiled brat kids. When you learn that things in life arent cheap anymore, you'll find anyway to make extra money. Like basketcase, tuition isnt cheap unless you got your mommy and daddy paying it all off for you. There are still people paying it off and they're probably 40 yrs old. Cost of living isnt cheap either.

I bet people on here took advantage of the Tickle Me Elmo when it was HOT and going for a couple hundred on eBay to make that extra couple bucks. I dont think any people complained on here because everyone wanted games.

[quote name='iazybandit']. By end of auction, it ended around $335-365 for just a new Wii and nothing extra. But the fact that you have 0 feedback and new to eBay, doesnt help. You did however include a picture of the item.
[/QUOTE]
should mine go for about that much or because of the feedback lower?

[quote name='Ike_21']should mine go for about that much or because of the feedback lower?[/QUOTE]
Depends on the bidders. It may go for around that price (probably will since thats the average price for systems only). But with 0 feedback and new users, it may scare potential buyers. So I give your Wii a price range of $320-$350

[quote name='Ike_21']should mine go for about that much or because of the feedback lower?[/QUOTE]
I would expect yours to end much lower.

[quote name='iazybandit']Depends on the bidders. It may go for around that price (probably will since thats the average price for systems only). But with 0 feedback and new users, it may scare potential buyers. So I give your Wii a price range of $320-$350[/QUOTE]
320-350 is good, still 0 bids and less than a day left!

This is my 1st post, and I am sorry i have not intro'd myself yet, BUT. What does it really matter if people are making money off the Wii's for? Is it that good of a gaming system that you are stupid enough to pay a higher cost for it? I want one, and I want my kids to have 1, but if I wait a little longer, guess what, someone will have it for 249 or maybe even lower.

Ok, by the way, my name is JJ. nice to meet ya'll. :)

A Wii is a game. As I've stated before, if mommy and daddy insist on giving little Johnny everything in the world that he wants, it's their own damn fault for caving into his whines. Anyone who really wanted a Wii could have walked into Target anytime in October or early November and picked one up off the shelf. My neighborhood Gamestop had quite a few of them just sitting collecting dust in the back or weeks back in October...

So there really isn't a "problem" here. It's a game. If people are willing to pay more for something, the problem rests with those people, and their necessity to have everything RIGHT NOW!!!

[quote name='loserboy']A Wii is a game. As I've stated before, if mommy and daddy insist on giving little Johnny everything in the world that he wants, it's their own damn fault for caving into his whines. Anyone who really wanted a Wii could have walked into Target anytime in October or early November and picked one up off the shelf. My neighborhood Gamestop had quite a few of them just sitting collecting dust in the back or weeks back in October...

So there really isn't a "problem" here. It's a game. If people are willing to pay more for something, the problem rests with those people, and their necessity to have everything RIGHT NOW!!![/QUOTE]
true, so where is little johnny's parents to bid on my auction? :D

[quote name='loserboy']You can thank me for the bids, didn't think I'd get it for 111.11, but at least now you can feel like people are bidding on it...[/QUOTE]
thank you!

oh, my pile of money that i sleep on is still quite comfortable. thank you nintendo for blessing me with 3 wii's at 2 in the morning.

Well, that's the price you pay for selling stuff...I've sold many things at a profit, some at a loss, some you break even....that's why I sell lower priced stuff with buy it now....

[quote name='TehMuff1nM4n']So what, you aren't going to sell it to the guy now? Now noone is gonna buy from you.[/QUOTE]
no, no I have 2 wiis, im shipping to the guy tommorrow as he is paying today.

bread's done
Back